Incredible (pro-49ers) 4/11 Mock Draft from Walterfootball

Incredible (pro-49ers) 4/11 Mock Draft from Walterfootball

Here's his 5-round mock:

30. TE Coby Fleener
61. WR Brian Quick
92. CB Casey Hayward
125. C Michael Brewster
165. G Josh LeRibeus

All I can say is 'wow'! The only thing I would have different is perhaps a defensive lineman in the 3rd - but Hayward is a straight up ballhawk! My favorite pick is Brewster, who was one of the top OL recruits in the country and can play anywhere on the line but played C at Ohio State (because of all the other top recruits). He can compete at guard or be groomed to take over for goodwin.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php
i like it but the 4th and 5th pick is kind of redundant
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i like it but the 4th and 5th pick is kind of redundant

LeRibus cannot play center. In addition, we *have* to fill the roster spots of both Snyder and Rachal...that's two spots.
Our receiving corps would be scary good.
Originally posted by strickac:
Our receiving corps would be scary good.

Yes, that's quite a ridiculous haul...
harbaugh wont draft anyone from OSU!!! JP. No but the first three rounds are legit and I would be hella happy if that was the draft. Heyward is one of my favorite players in this draft and has future niner written all over him. Kid is a straight ballhawk
Love the first two picks. Don't know about the Hayward pick just because we need a FS more than a CB. I would rather take Markelle Martin out of Oklahoma St. Brewster isn't that good either at C spot. I think Kheeston Randall DT/DE would be a much better pick at that spot.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Love the first two picks. Don't know about the Hayward pick just because we need a FS more than a CB. I would rather take Markelle Martin out of Oklahoma St. Brewster isn't that good either at C spot. I think Kheeston Randall DT/DE would be a much better pick at that spot.

I dont know how much we really need a CB or S this year.

CB depth: Rogers - Brown - Culliver - Brock - Cox - Holcomb

S depth: Goldson - Whitner - Spillman - LeGree - Jones - Nelms

admittedly Legree was cut by the team that picked him and we snapped him up so he could be worth the #4 Safety spot afte a full off season with us, Jones is just a Special teamer who might even be re-labeled as a Receiver so I guess we could use a #4/5 Safety but should we really make that early of a selection when it isn't a glaring need, especially given the FO's confidence in Spillman as the #3.

CB is a bit of the same way with the top 3 spots basically locked down and the back 3 the only ones really up in the air, Brock has promise and the FO loves him so I would think it would have to be an incredible talent to push him down the DC or off the team all together. Cox is right now nothing more then a camp body but he was a "1st round talent that slide due to off field issues" which is what happened to Tarrell Brown, yes Cox has gotten in trouble since being draft unlike Brown who has stayed squeaky clean but with Cox' potential at KR/PR and the potential to complete shore up our CB depth he seems like a great low risk, high reward player that will likely pay off. Holcomb faces an uphill battle to beat out Cox and/or any draft picks this year but again the FO was enamored with him and will likely give him ample opportunity to compete and should he lose he'd likely end up on the practice squad.

I get that you need to make your team as great as possible and if a legitimate starting CB or S fell into our lap we'd have to take him and figure it out later but I dont think we need to force the issue in our secondary in the least bit. We'll definitely invest a late day 2 or day 3 pick in one or the other but I'm not worried at all about our secondary.

That said if we drafted any CB earlier then round 4 and it wasn't Stephon Gilmore in round 1(as a last resort BPA) it had better be Casey Hayward in round 3
instead of Casey Howard lets take a OT and a DT 6th round and this would be one hell of a draft. DE in the seventh round also.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I dont know how much we really need a CB or S this year.

CB depth: Rogers - Brown - Culliver - Brock - Cox - Holcomb

S depth: Goldson - Whitner - Spillman - LeGree - Jones - Nelms

admittedly Legree was cut by the team that picked him and we snapped him up so he could be worth the #4 Safety spot afte a full off season with us, Jones is just a Special teamer who might even be re-labeled as a Receiver so I guess we could use a #4/5 Safety but should we really make that early of a selection when it isn't a glaring need, especially given the FO's confidence in Spillman as the #3.

CB is a bit of the same way with the top 3 spots basically locked down and the back 3 the only ones really up in the air, Brock has promise and the FO loves him so I would think it would have to be an incredible talent to push him down the DC or off the team all together. Cox is right now nothing more then a camp body but he was a "1st round talent that slide due to off field issues" which is what happened to Tarrell Brown, yes Cox has gotten in trouble since being draft unlike Brown who has stayed squeaky clean but with Cox' potential at KR/PR and the potential to complete shore up our CB depth he seems like a great low risk, high reward player that will likely pay off. Holcomb faces an uphill battle to beat out Cox and/or any draft picks this year but again the FO was enamored with him and will likely give him ample opportunity to compete and should he lose he'd likely end up on the practice squad.

I get that you need to make your team as great as possible and if a legitimate starting CB or S fell into our lap we'd have to take him and figure it out later but I dont think we need to force the issue in our secondary in the least bit. We'll definitely invest a late day 2 or day 3 pick in one or the other but I'm not worried at all about our secondary.

That said if we drafted any CB earlier then round 4 and it wasn't Stephon Gilmore in round 1(as a last resort BPA) it had better be Casey Hayward in round 3

You went a long way to basically say you disagree with me. Made me chuckle in the end. Just like in My Cousin Vinny, I as the Judge would say
"That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection."
You: Thank you, Your Honor.
Me: Overruled. Pick the safety.
Like the first 2 picks but we need safety and right guard.
Great mock... but I think to realistically have a shot at Fleener we would need to move up 5-10 spots... which would probably cost us at least a 2nd rounder. I would be ok with that.... but it depends on how much Harbaugh and Balke value Fleener given that he is a TE and we are already stacked with great TEs.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Great mock... but I think to realistically have a shot at Fleener we would need to move up 5-10 spots... which would probably cost us at least a 2nd rounder. I would be ok with that.... but it depends on how much Harbaugh and Balke value Fleener given that he is a TE and we are already stacked with great TEs.

Based on the trade value chart, we can move up seven spots for our 3rd round pick.

Here could be a hypothetical trade up with the Titans - almost dead-even value wise:

49ers get: Titans 1st (20), 3rd (82), and 4th (115)
Titans get: 49ers 1st (30), 2nd (61), 3rd (92), and 4th (125)

So we'd give up the 2nd, but move up 10 spots in the 3rd and 4th. It might not seem like much, but its the difference between drafting a guy like C/G Ben Jones in the 3rd and missing out. Or drafting C/G Phil Blake in the 4th and missing or NT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste.
We could conceivably get up to #16 for our 2nd round pick -- that's looking at the "adjusted" trade value chart that incorporates trades made in the past decade...it smooths out the point value decline from the middle of the 1st round through the second round.
Originally posted by blm7754:

Agree
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home