There are 140 users in the forums

USC Players

I just realized, we have not had much success when drafting USC players lately. Chilo, Taylor, Ron.... Hope the niners stay away from drafting one. Is there any from that school that is being touted? STAY AWAY BAALKE!!!!
Matt Kalil thats one i would want to draft but we won't s doesn't matter
I wouldn't mind Marc Tyler as a UDFA
Ronnie Lott was from USC and Safety TJ McDonald son of ex-49er Tim McDonald looks like a great Trojan next year's draft!

QB Barkley and Those WR's as well!
USC players in general have sucked in recent years.

Chilo, Taylor Mays, and Dwayne Jarrett were huge busts. Mark Sanchez, Keith Rivers, Sedrick Ellis, Lawrence Jackson, Sam Baker, and Rey Maualuga have all failed to live up to expectations thus far. Oh, and don't forget Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart.

The only USC players to really live up to their draft status has been Ryan Kalil, Clay Matthews, and Brian Cushing.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Rey Maualuga and Sam Baker have failed to live up to expectations?
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Yes, Maualuga has been criticized at times by his own coaching staff for average and undisciplined play. Baker struggled mightily this year, and even lost his LT job late in the season. They had to move him to RG.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM ]
Troy Polomalu!!!
Carson?
No more USC O Line....

Who's the reciever coming out of USC next year? Robert Woods? He's coming out next year, I keep hearing he's pretty good.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Who's the reciever coming out of USC next year? Robert Woods? He's coming out next year, I keep hearing he's pretty good.

he's not pretty good he's a beast of a wide receiver and beging a Niner and USC fan this guy would be great for the niners but he's goin early next year so one can only dream.
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Originally posted by martysofresh:

he's not pretty good he's a beast of a wide receiver and beging a Niner and USC fan this guy would be great for the niners but he's goin early next year so one can only dream.

Woods is the stud, but keep your eye on the returning sophomore Marqise Lee-- this kid just might come out early... he's #9 by the way.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

baker definitely has.
I think what it really is with USC is that they have alot of top prospects each year, some are busts some are very good. The thing is you hear so much more about the players that were unsuccessful is some way shape or form than the ones that are doing very well. Or they make so much more of a big deal out of a player then thet really are. There are going to be high rated busts and great players from every college.
Share 49ersWebzone