WR:
5-10 and 161 pounds

4.31 seconds in 40 yards
44 inches in the vertical jump
10 feet, six inches in the broad jump
2.43 seconds in the 20-yard split,
3.76 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle
6.67 seconds three-cone agility drill

Since 2000, 4,638 players have been invited to the combine. Pearcy's 20-yard split and 20-yard shuttle times would tie for third best. His vertical jump would tie for sixth best and his 40-yard time would tie for 11th best.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Link

WR:
5-10 and 161 pounds

4.31 seconds in 40 yards
44 inches in the vertical jump
10 feet, six inches in the broad jump
2.43 seconds in the 20-yard split,
3.76 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle
6.67 seconds three-cone agility drill

Quote:
Since 2000, 4,638 players have been invited to the combine. Pearcy's 20-yard split and 20-yard shuttle times would tie for third best. His vertical jump would tie for sixth best and his 40-yard time would tie for 11th best.

Was reading up on the kid the other day and saw those impressive measurables. It's hard to ignore a kid with physical ability to that level, but is it enough to get him drafted? For some team, it just might be.
Can he catch, run routes, go over the middle, block, and field punts?
desean jackson ish wr?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Was reading up on the kid the other day and saw those impressive measurables. It's hard to ignore a kid with physical ability to that level, but is it enough to get him drafted? For some team, it just might be.

I'm thinking a priority UDFA or a 7th round flyer. 161 lb is not going to cut it though.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I'm a sucker for a good story. I hope this kid gets a shot to prove himself.

It's easy to say that he's unlikely to get anywhere, but I have a hard time betting against elite work ethic backed with physical talent.

His best shot to make a roster is on special teams, IMO. If he isn't good enough to return kicks as a pro, he can still get down the field in a hurry to make a tackle. Same deal as Colin Jones was last season. Only problem is his lack of size... and that one is hard to overcome. Special teams is pretty brutal and I'd be worried about injury if he was only playing at 161 lbs.

Best of luck to the kid!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Just seen this kid on ESPN and is Bill Parcells draft sleeper and this guy has some crazy speed and quickness, I wouldnt mind a late round pick on this guy.
Share 49ersWebzone