There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade up for Coby Fleener?

Trade up for Coby Fleener?

The 49ers tight ends are used as blockers, Flenner has not distinguished himself in that role. This team is built to pound the rock, Flenner is a luxury pick.
IMHO Fleener and DeCastro are the only players (on a NEED-NOW 'starter' basis) that are worthy of us trading up for in the first.

-I hope we get Fleener, our TE core would be more dominant than New England's, no team will be able to cover both Vernon and Fleener out in the open, teams will fear us with such a dominant matchup nightmare.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
IMHO Fleener and DeCastro are the only players (on a NEED-NOW 'starter' basis) that are worthy of us trading up for in the first.

-I hope we get Fleener, our TE core would be more dominant than New England's, no team will be able to cover both Vernon and Fleener out in the open, teams will fear us with such a dominant matchup nightmare.

Dude they Got Brady relax
Originally posted by mike:
No.

I can see considering him at #30, but It's just stupid to trade up to get a guy at a position that we don't necessarily need, a position that always struggles in their rookie year(so very little 1st year impact), and one that always has guys available in the middle rounds that have just as much potential.

Because we aren't dying for a starting tight end, we can afford to spend a 4th on Egnew instead and allow him to develop more slowly. He has similar size compared to fleener, just as athletic, so why not go for a gem like that rather than a guy who's overrated by having Luck throw to him in college?

He's ready from day 1. He knows the Harbauagh offense inside and out.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Is this a joke? Skinny at 265 and 6'6'; perhaps you should check the stats on Graham and the two freaks the Pats drafted...this is the future of the game. You aren't drafting Fleener to block anyone; your drafting him to murder LB's in the pass.

If Fleener were 265 then he'd be a top 10 pick
Originally posted by bigwads:
Is this a joke? Skinny at 265 and 6'6'; perhaps you should check the stats on Graham and the two freaks the Pats drafted...this is the future of the game. You aren't drafting Fleener to block anyone; your drafting him to murder LB's in the pass.

Fleener is about 240 not 265
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Is this a joke? Skinny at 265 and 6'6'; perhaps you should check the stats on Graham and the two freaks the Pats drafted...this is the future of the game. You aren't drafting Fleener to block anyone; your drafting him to murder LB's in the pass.

If Fleener were 265 then he'd be a top 10 pick

Relax! Fleener is 245 and your comparing those players that have Brady and Brees bro.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Is this a joke? Skinny at 265 and 6'6'; perhaps you should check the stats on Graham and the two freaks the Pats drafted...this is the future of the game. You aren't drafting Fleener to block anyone; your drafting him to murder LB's in the pass.

Fleener is about 240 not 265

He weighed 247 I believe. And ran around 4.5. Plus or minus. Depending on who you listen to. While 6'6". That's big enough. IMO 247 lbs. is far different from 240. You are almost at the 250 lb. level at 6'6". That's not as tiny as advertised.
Originally posted by bigwads:
If all we got on offense this draft was Fleener I would be way happy...he is a match up nightmare and we need at least one more of those.


Yeah, the team does not need a RG, Center, WR to replace KW or to knock Ginn out and take over return duties and spread the field. Nah, the offense only needs a TE.

That being said, I love Fleener, I just do not like the idea of trading up. As stated before I would prefer to stick at 30, if our players are not there try to trade down.

If not, take BPA at 30. This draft is rated an A for DE's and DT's. With a run on qb's WR's, OT's and CB's some quality DT's that suite a 3-4 could be available at pick 30.
Originally posted by kronik:
Never seen such a skinny TE get so over-rated as well in Fleener. If u want to replace DW, get someone in the 3rd - 4th. Good Luck blocking in the NFL Fleener, u gonna get manhandled.

Fleener will be a nightmare for opposing teams, especially in the Red Zone. He is a true weapon. Pick him too high rather than miss him...........
nah foo, nah.
Our 30th pick, Alex Smith and a bag of Cheetos...... Do it!
His name isn't that cool though
Hes definately a player that I wouldnt mind trading up for. I cant see any faults or issues with Fleener so hes well worth the risk imo.
Originally posted by kronik:
Never seen such a skinny TE get so over-rated as well in Fleener. If u want to replace DW, get someone in the 3rd - 4th. Good Luck blocking in the NFL Fleener, u gonna get manhandled.
STOP. think a minute you might change your mind.You would have another player you could bash every day when you post on here !

Hey whata you think about that , pretty cool huh ?