With only Notre Dame's Pro Day left to go, I've re-done the first round mock draft. What I found interesting is that Trent Richardson *is* going to drop if he isn't taken in the Top 5...somebody will trade up for him...if nobody does he falls to the Cowboys. The Rams take Dontari Poe and surprise people...but Rams fans aren't really surprised, and anyone who knows Jeff Fisher isn't surprised.
The Browns *steal* Coby Fleener at #22, but we luckily see Cordy Glenn fall to us at #30. Its a good thing too, because the cupboard is pretty bare in this Mock Draft -- we could either take a tiny little Kendall Wright or a top-notch guard...we take the Guard.
1. Indianapolis (2-14) - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - No explanation needed.
2. Washington - from St. Louis (2-14) - Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor - No explanation needed.
3. Minnesota (3-13) - Matt Kalil, OT, USC - No explanation needed
4. Cleveland (4-12) - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State - I think they're going to trade down, but if forced to stay at this spot I think they take Blackmon to spicen up the Browns passing game and maky McCoy look as good as they can...or Make Matt Barkley look really good in 2013.
5. Tampa Bay (4-12) - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU - An excellent CB to be paired with Eric Wright
6. St. Louis - from Washington (5-11) - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis - Don't be shocked. This is quietly becoming the pick in mocks that have Claiborne and Blackmon already gone at #6. Jeff Fisher wants a big defensive tackle to make their D-Line dominant, and they also feel that they can grad a starting-caliber OT and WR at the beginning of the second round.
7. Jacksonville (5-11) Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - Gotta keep Henne and Gabbert upright. Already signed a WR in FA.
8. Miami (6-10) - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M. Reuinited with Sherman.
9. Carolina (6-10) Michael Brockers, DE/TD, LSU - Rivera gets a beast to clog up the middle and dominate...if he can get the effort out of him.
10. Buffalo (6-10) - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford - They were at his pro day, he's a very good left tackle prospect, and is definetely worth the pick at #10
11. Kansas City (7-9) - Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College - This is the pick Todd McShay and the guy over at the Sporting News have right now in their mocks. Paired with Derrick Johnson, the Chiefs will rivalthe 49ers for the best ILB combo in the NFL.
12. Seattle (7-9) - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - Best player available; golden tate might get cut and is a borderline bust. Flynn will have plenty of weapons now...watch out!
13. Arizona (8-8) - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina - Arizona gets a new pass-rusher.
14. Dallas (8-8) - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama - Somebody is going to trade up for him if he slides past #6, but if there are no trades his firewall is Dallas at #14. Richardson and DeMarco Murray will terrorize opposing Front Sevens for a decade.
15. Philadelphia (8-8) - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State - beast in the middle.
16. New York Jets (8-8) - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina - steal at the 3-4 DE posiiton for the Jets
17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (8-8) - David DeCastro, G, Stanford - Right where an elite guard should be draft -- in the mid-teens.
18. San Diego (8-8) - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama - Upgrade at pass-rush.
19. Chicago (8-8) - Stephen Hill, WR, Ga Tech - Although they traded for Marshall, they still need help at WR, esp. with the uncertain future of Johnny Knox
20. Tennessee (9-7) - Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin - Eugene Amano is the worst Center in the NFL. Huge upgrade
21. Cincinnati* (9-7) - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - big need for Cincy, Leon Hall is still out for a while
22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (10-6) - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - nooo! Cleveland gets a second weapon for McCoy. Cleveland had the lowest TE Production in the NFL
23. Detroit* (10-6) - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama - Replaces Wright
24. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama - a very steeler move
25. Denver* (8-8) - Devon Still, DT, Penn State - big body up front. Interior DL is much weaker than the edge rushers
26. Houston* (10-6) - Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois - Replacement for Mario Williams
27. New England - from New Orleans* (13-3) - Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC - Pass rush need
28. Green Bay* (15-1) - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama - don't know if Nick Collins is going to be OK - little depth at S
29. Baltimore* (12-4) - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State - Need a tackle to replace McKinnie
30. San Francisco* (13-3) - Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia - Starts at RG on Day 1...can play Right Tackle as well. We miss out on Fleener, but Glenn falls to us
31. New England* (13-3) - Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson - Pass-rusher with raw skills that NE can rotate in.
32. New York Giants* (9-7) - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech - nice addition