LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Draft Visit & Workout Tracker UPDATE: DRAFTED JENKINS, FLEMING, SLOWEY

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hmmm I guess we don't plan on drafting any DB's early.

damnt didnt see this post before my last one. I really dont think we will, maybe late day 2 or early day 3 if at all. We have 5 of the 6 CBs competing for the final spots locked up for at least 2 years(not including Cox its 3 years minimum) so we really have no need unless a CB just falls into our lap as BPA.

There's always room for improvement at this position and I'm not sold on Brock or Brown. We need to upgrade.

Yea but I think out of all of the positions besides ILB(provided Grant doesnt get signed away at the last minute) that CB is be the lowest on the priority list. Thats why I said I dont think they are actively seeking an upgrade but are likely doing our due diligence in case someone they like ends up within reach or falls to one of our picks.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
bump for Wagner
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I haven't been this excited about drafting a receiver late in the 1st since Rashaun Woods

Bite your tongue, Sol!
I think Wagner is a star ready to happen, so it makes sense for the team to take a look at him if they find a trade partner who wants to move up into that 30th overall spot. Wagner should be gone in that 36-45 slot. Lot of teams looking at him. To me, he is one of the lowest bust potential players in the draft
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Wagner is a star ready to happen, so it makes sense for the team to take a look at him if they find a trade partner who wants to move up into that 30th overall spot. Wagner should be gone in that 36-45 slot. Lot of teams looking at him. To me, he is one of the lowest bust potential players in the draft

Agreed, not likely we end up with him because we won't take him at 30 and he will be gone shortly after.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Agreed, not likely we end up with him because we won't take him at 30 and he will be gone shortly after.

Why not? If the Niners trade back with say the Browns at #37, then Wagner should be a possibility. The Niners could use an OLB to add to their rotation. If MadDog is right, then the Niners should be open to the possibility of taking him. There will still be some good options available later in the round at OG (Brooks or Osemele) and WR (Givens, Quick or Jenkins).
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Why not? If the Niners trade back with say the Browns at #37, then Wagner should be a possibility. The Niners could use an OLB to add to their rotation. If MadDog is right, then the Niners should be open to the possibility of taking him. There will still be some good options available later in the round at OG (Brooks or Osemele) and WR (Givens, Quick or Jenkins).

Sorry guys I'm not feeling the lets trade out of the first for Bobby Wagner Bandwagon. Where is he going to play? Smith, Willis, Bowman, Brooks? He might have some 3rd down role in certain packages only. Maybe 5-10 plays a game. But who are you taking out. I think more likely we are checking him out if he were to fall in the middle of the third round or so.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Sorry guys I'm not feeling the lets trade out of the first for Bobby Wagner Bandwagon. Where is he going to play? Smith, Willis, Bowman, Brooks? He might have some 3rd down role in certain packages only. Maybe 5-10 plays a game. But who are you taking out. I think more likely we are checking him out if he were to fall in the middle of the third round or so.

I don't think there is any monumental interest, but merely doing their due diligence in taking a look at a very good player. The only thing I could see would be a scenario where the team did not think Bowman could be re-signed, but even that seems odd at this point, and too far away contractually.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-Money:

I don't think there is any monumental interest, but merely doing their due diligence in taking a look at a very good player. The only thing I could see would be a scenario where the team did not think Bowman could be re-signed, but even that seems odd at this point, and too far away contractually.

Also what if Wagner is the BPA and we dont want him? I'm sure the FO would like get a first hand look at player in order to create value from an outside viewpoint as well determine the correct trade value for the opportunity to draft him.

EDIT: Update for Western Oregon Center Chris Slowey.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:04 AM ]
@MaioccoCSN: Just added Western Oregon center Jason Slowey to the 49ers pre-draft visit tracker.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-2012-pre-draft-visit-tracker?blockID=688630&feedID=5936

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
@MaioccoCSN: Just added Western Oregon center Jason Slowey to the 49ers pre-draft visit tracker.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-2012-pre-draft-visit-tracker?blockID=688630&feedID=5936

thanks sir, already had it ^_^ I didn't even know Western Oregon was a school much less had a football team, did they portland state or something? lol.

thanks sir, already had it ^_^ I didn't even know Western Oregon was a school much less had a football team, did they portland state or something? lol.

I saw that after I posted it. Sorry man.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

I saw that after I posted it. Sorry man.

its all good man, I dont interact with you a lot of here but I was being polite with my "thanks sir" - just clarifying that because my in person mannerisms creep in here once in awhile and I dont want you to think I was being a d**k.
its all good man, I dont interact with you a lot of here but I was being polite with my "thanks sir" - just clarifying that because my in person mannerisms creep in here once in awhile and I dont want you to think I was being a d**k.

Being polite around here will get you killed.

Nah, looks like we will targeting a center of the future if not at least a mid-late round backup. P.S. Thanks for the thread sfout and keeping it up to date. Should be at least 1 if not 2 guys from this list on our team in a few weeks.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Being polite around here will get you killed.

Nah, looks like we will targeting a center of the future if not at least a mid-late round backup. P.S. Thanks for the thread sfout and keeping it up to date. Should be at least 1 if not 2 guys from this list on our team in a few weeks.

haha yea it will

I am really interested to see what happens with our O line in the next couple of months and you're welcome, I figured it would be nice to actually have a concrete list with someone news bits mixed in. The fact that only 3 of our visits were drafted/signed by us really throws a curve ball into speculating who we'll pick but this list really helps out.
Share 49ersWebzone