There are 270 users in the forums

Mike Adams, Ohio State Offensive Tackle, Starting to pop up as 'the pick' at #30

Any thoughts on drafting another OT? Seems like we're gonna see this more and more. WalterFootball's new mock out today has us taking an OT at #61 (The Ole Miss prospect) and moving Anthony Davis inside to RG. Thoughts?

Height: 6-7 Weight: 323

Pass blocking: Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base. Improving his ability to use his hands to redirect rushers and late blitzers away from the pocket. Power rushers lose most battles. Has an adequate anchor in close quarters, will reset hands and move feet to sustain. Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.

Run blocking: Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet. Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance when overextending. Quick feet to get inside of defensive tackles to wall off inside and reach linebackers at the second level. Nice punch which he uses to knock down smaller defenders with one extension. Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line. Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.

Pulling/trapping: Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move. Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.

Initial Quickness: Excellent quick-twitch movement off the snap in pass protection and as a run blocker. Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain. Can be beat off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.

Downfield: Quick out of his stance with the footwork to be effective in front of screens. Willing to get out in front of ballcarriers to take out defensive backs and linebackers. Used at tight end on unbalanced lines.

Intangibles: Suspended the first two games of the 2009 season for violating team rules, cited in January 2009 for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia (charges were eventually dropped) after being stopped for running a stop sign. One of five players suspended for first five games of 2011 season for receiving benefits from a tattoo parlor owner, selling championship rings, jerseys and awards; Adams was required to pay back $1,000 for the ring he sold.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1620008
Fine by me. He was the selection in my first SF mock months ago. Eerily reminds me of his Ohio State predecessor Alex Boone coming out of college. (only Boone scared folks off with his drinking and wild behavior)

Zero need to draft Mike Adams... unless we are gonna make a shift to our OL and have the two OSU boys battling it out for RT.

( I still want Fleener, Glenn, or maybe Jeffery/Hill more )
NO! We almost won it last year and didn't because of receivers who couldn't get seperation.

NO tackle at #30. NOT necessary.

Get someone who can score in the red Z. OR

Trade back into the top 9-10 in 2nd.

Hoping for Fleener but don't think he'll be there due to excellent pro day.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for nickbradley.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
NO! We almost won it last year and didn't because of receivers who couldn't get seperation.

NO tackle at #30. NOT necessary.

Get someone who can score in the red Z. OR

Trade back into the top 9-10 in 2nd.

Hoping for Fleener but don't think he'll be there due to excellent pro day.

Yeah, I want fleener too...clear #1 choice there. But of he's gone, what are we going to do?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Fine by me. He was the selection in my first SF mock months ago. Eerily reminds me of his Ohio State predecessor Alex Boone coming out of college. (only Boone scared folks off with his drinking and wild behavior)

Zero need to draft Mike Adams... unless we are gonna make a shift to our OL and have the two OSU boys battling it out for RT.

( I still want Fleener, Glenn, or maybe Jeffery/Hill more )

Move Davis to guard, have Adams and Boone battle for RT
walter football also said we had no chance of re-signing Carlos Rogers
Originally posted by valrod33:
walter football also said we had no chance of re-signing Carlos Rogers

Yeah, but lots of ppl thought he was gone.
Yet another 1st rounder on the OL? Can't see it.
Originally posted by English:

I don't either, but if all the better options are gone at #30, it could be the pick.

No way in hell we pass on Fleener though.
Originally posted by English:

This. plus the team seems to like Alex Boone. highly unlikely we draft a tackle IMO

Hope not. I think he is extremely overrated, for one, because he played at Ohio State.
I wouldn't hate that pick. He would definitely kick inside and compete with Kilgore at guard. Davis will not be moved from tackle nor should he.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I wouldn't hate that pick. He would definitely kick inside and compete with Kilgore at guard. Davis will not be moved from tackle nor should he.

One of the two would need to kick inside for me to be happy. We don't need an extra tackle at 30.
im going to be seriously pissed off if we take an olineman in the 1st. this team does not need another 1st rd pick on the line when you can find and develop studs in the later rounds. we need playmakers whether its on offense or defense
why would we kick Davis to OG?
Share 49ersWebzone