Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Big 253 Board- March 23rd Edition

i hope we just draft one of the local college kids this year

kendricks, jones, schwartz, guyton, campell

or

fleener, castro, martin, owusu
i take exception to your ranking brad smelley #199--i hear he stinks
Maddog, you put your man-hours in, I'll give you that.
Maddog thanks for the mock draft for all 7 rounds. It's pretty impressive.

49ers picks by MadDog Picks by Oldschool9erfan based MadDog work (Props to MadDog)

1 30 30 Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin G 1 Coby Fleener TE
2 62 61 Alameda Ta'Amu Washington DT 2 Brian Quick (there are no good receivers, niners trade back and get quick)
3 93 92 Josh Norman Central Florida CB 3 Trumane Johnson CB
4 127 125 Vick Ballard Mississippi St RB 4 Robert Turbin RB
5 165 162 Duke Ihenacho San Jose St S 5 Aaron Henry S
6 199 198 Rishard Matthews Nevada WR 6 Chris Owusu WR
7 238 232 Pat Schiller Northern Illinois LB 7 ?
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Zeitler is a guy that would be a good fit for the 49ers, but I believe that Solari is really high on him and he will be given every shot to start at RG. Also I believe the 49ers will draft a wr early.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Meant to say Solari is high on Kilgore, thats why they traded up to get him last year.
MD - with Fleener running a 4.5 40 yesterday, I'm thinking he could be our WR rather than TE. Could you comment please.

Also, I was hoping OG at 61 from group of Zeitler, Washington, Osemele, Silatolu. Given your analysis looks like we'd need to trade up.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Thanks for all the hard work, MD. Should be another interesting draft!

What's your thinking on having Chris Owusu ranked where you do considering his concussion problems?
If you think the 49ers pass on Fleener, you are high. 4.45 in the 40? 6-6 250? Great hands?
With the signing of Josh Johnson, the Niners have CK as trade bait.
  • With their 1st, 3rd and CK (if needed) the Niners could trade up to the 19th to pick Stephen Hill or Konz. They might even talk their way to #14/15 for either DeCastro or Glenn.
  • I'd like the Niners to go with Fleener, trade only their 3rd if they need to trade up to get Fleener.
  • Or trade Niners #2, 4th and CK (if needed) to move up for any of the OGs, including Zeitler, Osemele, Silatolu, Washington
  • Stay at #61 and select Brandon Brooks to compete with Kilgore.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Good job MD, but should be 254 picks when Comp Picks are announced, 222 current picks(Saints 2nd and Raiders 3rd are forefited), then the 32 comp picks.

Think you are right with the 254 number. Only two picks eliminated this year from the pool.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
If you think the 49ers pass on Fleener, you are high. 4.45 in the 40? 6-6 250? Great hands?

I take it that you like Fleener. He might be an option for the team, but I think they pass. Very one-dimensional right now. I just see him as a high second rounder.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Thanks for all the hard work, MD. Should be another interesting draft!

What's your thinking on having Chris Owusu ranked where you do considering his concussion problems?

Owusu was a guy I highlighted in my darkhorse WR picks a few months ago, but nobody knew he would run in the 4.3's at the combine. That being said, the history of concussions has to weigh on teams, so I do see a ceiling to his draft position. A sixth or seventh round selection make sense for a team.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
With the signing of Josh Johnson, the Niners have CK as trade bait.
  • With their 1st, 3rd and CK (if needed) the Niners could trade up to the 19th to pick Stephen Hill or Konz. They might even talk their way to #14/15 for either DeCastro or Glenn.
  • I'd like the Niners to go with Fleener, trade only their 3rd if they need to trade up to get Fleener.
  • Or trade Niners #2, 4th and CK (if needed) to move up for any of the OGs, including Zeitler, Osemele, Silatolu, Washington
  • Stay at #61 and select Brandon Brooks to compete with Kilgore.

You'd have to find someone interested in CK at the value the team places upon him. I don't see an intersection between the two.

I like Brooks at 61 if he is there and the Niners go non-OL in the first round.
MD.....Just wanted to say that I always appreciate the amount of work and time that goes into your Big Boards. They are a huge contribution to the Zone (for free!) and I just hope that the regulars here also appreciate them.

Cheers!