LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Geek's Mock V4.0

Well thought out and I really appreciate your adding the reasons for the picks.

I agree with Fleener and as you mentioned DWalker will be a FA next year and will be looking for bigger $.

If we pick Fleener, in addition to a high calibre player for the reasons you mentioned, he'll be cap friendly and be ready to take over the following season.

I'm also a Winn fan and would be eleated to get him f opportunity presented itself.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by mebemused:
After the first week of free agency, I'm starting to see mocks that have Fleener gone by our pick. How does your mock change if Fleener is gone?

If he's gone, then I'd pick a DT/DE type player: Kendell Reyes or Billy Wynn. Wynn is a sleeper in this draft to keep your eyes on. And instead of drafting Wolfe, I'd look for a big TE target like Ladarius Green that could develop into the redzone threat.

Everything else would remain the same.

What about them targeting Harrison Smith if Fleener is gone?

solid mock
Good Job, I like the 1st (Fleener) and 2nd (Johnson) would prefer to have Brain Quick in 3rd round beside that great draft...
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by mebemused:
After the first week of free agency, I'm starting to see mocks that have Fleener gone by our pick. How does your mock change if Fleener is gone?

If he's gone, then I'd pick a DT/DE type player: Kendell Reyes or Billy Wynn. Wynn is a sleeper in this draft to keep your eyes on. And instead of drafting Wolfe, I'd look for a big TE target like Ladarius Green that could develop into the redzone threat.

Everything else would remain the same.

What about them targeting Harrison Smith if Fleener is gone?

solid mock

Not in the first round, and I don't think Smith will be an early target for the 49ers. I don't see him doing well in the free safety spot. And we already have Spillman as the backup to Whitner.

I like Smith though, I just don't see him anything more than a SS in the league.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i like kellen moore

I don't. Worthless pick at this point. We already have a smart 3rd Qb who supposedly did not have the arm strength to succeed in the NFL.

WIth Schwartz going to the Viqueens, OG will have to be addressed unless the FO thinks Kilgore and Person can handle it.
Share 49ersWebzone