LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Post Manningham mock draft

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Like the players BUT

We need OLine in the 2nd like a Brandon Washington or Brandon Brooks or best RG available. Maybe a little high for Brooks but he'll be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd.

Reallly like the Derek Wolfe pick.

Silatolu and Osomele would have to be in the mix, too in the second round if OG is the pick. Maybe Ben Jones from Georgia who is a C by trade but should be able to move over to OG.
If the Niners pick up Geoff Schwartz or Leonard Davis, that could change their draft as much or more than the Manningham signing. In fact, it would give them some interesting options in terms of trading up, or trading the pick for future picks if another team is in love with someone at that spot. I don't think they'd trade back for the sake of later round numbers, since overall depth is not as much of an issue as it was in the past.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
If the Niners pick up Geoff Schwartz or Leonard Davis, that could change their draft as much or more than the Manningham signing. In fact, it would give them some interesting options in terms of trading up, or trading the pick for future picks if another team is in love with someone at that spot. I don't think they'd trade back for the sake of later round numbers, since overall depth is not as much of an issue as it was in the past.

x2 - Im doing a mock right now and if we signed Schwartz or Davis we wouldnt HAVE to pick any specific position in the 1st.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
With the Niners now signing Manningham, the needs continue to become more defined for the Niners. Here is my second take based on where things stand prior to Manning's decision:

Round 1 Coby Fleener TE Stanford - now adding another weapon to complete Harbaugh's ideal offense
Round 2 Shea McClellin OLB - depth at OLB and may allow Niners to trade Haralson
Round 3 Robert Turbin RB Utah St.- 3rd RB and long term insurance for Gore
Round 4 Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati - depth behind Smith and Macdonald; Big East defensive player of the year
Round 5 Ryan Miller OG Colorado - someone to compete with with Kilgore for RG spot
Round 6 Christian Thompson FS - replacement for Reggie Smitha to backup Goldson at FS
Round 7 Delano Howell SS - backup to Donte Whitner

Your second round pick is absurd - otherwise good.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:

except for theres not one wr. moss is here for a year- if he can still ball. we need a newb to train up period. we have no legit 1 after moss.
Cant wait til the fifth round to pick a guard when all we have is kilgore and iupati on the roster. You need to have a wide receiver somewhere in this mock.
Originally posted by fan49:
except for theres not one wr. moss is here for a year- if he can still ball. we need a newb to train up period. we have no legit 1 after moss.

Umm, we've got 4 WRs under age 26 - what's the problem?
With the Niners now signing Manningham, the needs continue to become more defined for the Niners. Here is my second take based on where things stand prior to Manning's decision:

Round 1 Coby Fleener TE Stanford - now adding another weapon to complete Harbaugh's ideal offense
Round 2 Shea McClellin OLB - depth at OLB and may allow Niners to trade Haralson
Round 4 Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati - depth behind Smith and Macdonald; Big East defensive player of the year
Round 5 Ryan Miller OG Colorado - someone to compete with with Kilgore for RG spot
Round 6 Christian Thompson FS - replacement for Reggie Smitha to backup Goldson at FS

Your suggestion?
didnt really help the RG spot all that much
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
didnt really help the RG spot all that much

The two ideal OG's to fix the Niners' problem at RG are DeCastro or Glenn. Neither one will make it pick #30 so they are out of reach unless the Niners trade up into the top 20. If the second round is the place where the Niners go for a guard, my picks would be either B. Washington, A. Silatolu, or B. Brooks. Osemele may be available, but he reminds me too much of Rachal. That leaves the fifth round pick to get a Slot WR to compete with Kyle Williams.

Need a WR in there. Also Spillman is Whitner's backup. We shoulnd't draft a 2nd round OLB. TE isnt a need. Rather trade up in round 1 for DeCastro or Konz.

We need a OG, WR and depth at RB and FS.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Moss isn't a guarantee to even make the roster, and with all the injuries we had last year at WR I think we need at least one preferably early.

If Wright is within reach get him. Idc if our receivers don't have size he's got the jump ball skills to make up for it. But hill would make sense as well.

TE early just makes no sense to me when Egnew can be had later. Only downside to a tall mid round "pass catching" TE is he's not a great blocker, but we have enough depth at that position that using him on special 2 TE set plays only in passing roles while he gets better at blocking is no big deal.

There simply is no need to spend a 1st on a TE. Even when the Pats were planning on going to a 2 TE set they didn't invest a 1st rounder in one.

Your suggestion?

OG
I like Fleener. He would be a great pick. After that would be nice to land a solid guard.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Need a WR in there. Also Spillman is Whitner's backup. We shoulnd't draft a 2nd round OLB. TE isnt a need. Rather trade up in round 1 for DeCastro or Konz.

We need a OG, WR and depth at RB and FS.

Since TE isn't a need in your opinion, would you trade down with Buffalo at # 41 to let them take Fleener ahead of the Giants and grab an additional 4th round pick? At that point Kevin Zeitler OG frm Wisconsin should still be available.
Share 49ersWebzone