There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Early Free Agency draft impacts.....Please add thoughts going forward

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Much of this draft will hinge on where Manning lands. If he goes to Denver or Tennessee, then the free agent QB's and Ryan Tannehill become the big winners. Matt Flynn and even Alex Smith's value goes up, as the Cards will part with Kolb (they are not going to pay the $7 million bonus due after this Friday. It also leaves the Dolphins, Browns, and a combination of the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cards without a reliable starting quarterback. The feeding frenzy for Flynn could be crazy to witness.

And if the Titans sign Manning, then Hassleback will become available too.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Much of this draft will hinge on where Manning lands. If he goes to Denver or Tennessee, then the free agent QB's and Ryan Tannehill become the big winners. Matt Flynn and even Alex Smith's value goes up, as the Cards will part with Kolb (they are not going to pay the $7 million bonus due after this Friday. It also leaves the Dolphins, Browns, and a combination of the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cards without a reliable starting quarterback. The feeding frenzy for Flynn could be crazy to witness.

And if the Titans sign Manning, then Hassleback will become available too.


I think their is a 90% probability Manning goes to Tennessee.. He played college bqall in tennesse, the owner of the Titans is offering him a lifetime contract, where he can stay in football after he retires in a capacity with the Titans. No one can top that.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think their is a 90% probability Manning goes to Tennessee.. He played college bqall in tennesse, the owner of the Titans is offering him a lifetime contract, where he can stay in football after he retires in a capacity with the Titans. No one can top that.

It's looking like it. Local news here is going crazy, and fans are really pushing for it to happen. Bud Adams is really pushing the concept of a guaranteed front office or coaching position for him down the road, and that does seem to be the big incentive. Plus the chance to beat Luck and the Colts twice a year. My feeling is it's going to be Manning back in Tennessee. Locker was going to be given a chance to start this year, so it shows they know what they have in him. So that would make Hassleback completely expendable.
49ers signed FB Rock Cartwright to a 1yr deal. I doubt we draft a RB this year now. He can back up Miller and replace Dixon
r45yuthuhejhjHFEJHRFDJWEGFEJRDSJDGWKRJDHWJERNJJFGNELKHEGUJ3GFYE3JHEGW
[ Edited by tohara3 on Mar 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think their is a 90% probability Manning goes to Tennessee.. He played college bqall in tennesse, the owner of the Titans is offering him a lifetime contract, where he can stay in football after he retires in a capacity with the Titans. No one can top that.

It's looking like it. Local news here is going crazy, and fans are really pushing for it to happen. Bud Adams is really pushing the concept of a guaranteed front office or coaching position for him down the road, and that does seem to be the big incentive. Plus the chance to beat Luck and the Colts twice a year. My feeling is it's going to be Manning back in Tennessee. Locker was going to be given a chance to start this year, so it shows they know what they have in him. So that would make Hassleback completely expendable.
I see the Titans connection but I think they are also the least likely to win a championship. They run their offense through chris johnson and the front office thing sounds enticing but Manning will probably get the same offer from other destinations when he is finally done.He did play college ball there but where is he from originally or were does he want to end up eventually. It could be Tenn, but not just because he played college there...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I see the Titans connection but I think they are also the least likely to win a championship. They run their offense through chris johnson and the front office thing sounds enticing but Manning will probably get the same offer from other destinations when he is finally done.He did play college ball there but where is he from originally or were does he want to end up eventually. It could be Tenn, but not just because he played college there...

I think the Titans are more likely to win than the Broncos. They have talented players, but had a young coaching staff that made a lot of mistakes last year. They have a better O-line, with 3 linemen that have made the Pro Bowl. They have great weapons in Kenny Britt and Jared Cook. Of course, Chris Johnson too. Last year they really tried to be more of a passing team, but Hassleback really held them back.

Also, the connection here isn't just that he played college here, although even that is bigger than you might think. Most fans here are UT fans first, Titans fans second. Keep in mind that Tennessee didn't even have an NFL team when Manning played here. So he is almost a God figure here. He will have fans no matter where he goes, but nowhere will treat him quite like Tennessee will. Also, his wife is from memphis and still has family here.
...