I've noticed that Peter Konz has slipped a bit in the mock drafts out there, while Tommy Streeter looks more like a late 2nd/early 3rd round guy now. I really like the idea of having Konz and Kilgore compete in camp, with Konz sliding over to C in 2013 or 2014. Also remember that we don't really have any depth at C if Snyder leaves.
30. Peter Konz, C/G, Wisconsin - RG is a current-year need - Konz can play guard well and is a polished center. So in 2012, we'll have a training camp battle at Right Guard between Konz and Kilgore. Either way, Konz will be the backup center and take over for Goodwin in 2013 or 2014 -- or sooner if Goodwin gets hurt. His athleticism makes him a great pass blocker and excels bump-blocking DTs and moving onto the LB. Great pickup at #30.
62. Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami - Randy Moss measurables (6-5 220, 4.4. speed) but incredibly raw. Probably won't play a whole lot as a rookie, but that's OK -- he'll learn a lot and be ready to go in 2013 after a year sitting behind Moss.
93. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State - BPA Pick. Great value - we need a third back to split time with the others, esp. if Gore goes down. Also, Turbin is a good short yardage runner.
125. Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma - Depth in the Secondary, somebody to develop in case Tarell Brown leaves in Free Agency after 2013.
157. Hebron Fangupo, DT/NT, BYU - Dude is a total badass that nobody has really noticed, for some reason. Will be a great guy to put in the rotation. Also, Soap and RJF are free agents after the 2012 season.
190. Trevor Guyton, DE, California - Nice 5-technique prospect
220. Greg McCoy, CB/KR, TCU - Another defensive back, with good return skills. We'll need a backup return man with Ginn probably leaving...Cox is dangerous but he could get in trouble again.