There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Combine, Pre Free Agency 1st round mock

1. Indianapolis (2-14) - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - Manning era is over, Luck has huge shoes to fill
2. Washington - from St. Louis (2-14) - Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor - Gave up alot but how long has Wash needed a QB?!
3. Minnesota (3-13) - Matt Kalil, OT, USC - Probably the safest pick in the draft
4. Cleveland (4-12) - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama- Failed to trade up for RG3, Gotta get some weopons on offense.
5. Tampa Bay (4-12) - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU- Ronde Barber will be 72 this year, Claiborne starts at LCB from day 1
6. St. Louis - from Washington (5-11) - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State- Hit gold in RG3 trade and still gets their man
7. Jacksonville - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - Worst WR core in the NFL reaches a bit for Floyd but has a legit target for whoever is the QB going forward
8. Miami (6-10) - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - Jake Long and Reiff together solidify the tackle position longterm
9. Carolina (6-10) - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis - Panthers could go in alot of directions here (Poe, Coples, Cox, even Floyd if he's here)
10. Buffalo (6-10) - Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina - Top pass rusher on their board
11. Kansas City (7-9) - Johnathan Martin, OT, Stanford - KC needs help in alot of areas, they elect to address OL
12. Seattle (7-9) - Quentin Coples, DE, North Carolina - top 10 talent, drops a bit but is a perfect fit in Seattle
13. Arizona (8-8) - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford - Might be blocking for Peyton as a pro, lol
14. Dallas (8-8) - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - Dallas needs a corner badly, could be jenkins or gilmore here
15. Philadelphia (8-8) - Luke Kuechly, MLB, Boston College - Kuechly wont get past Philly at 15
16. New York Jets (8-8) - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois - Rex is done making promises and fills a need with best pass rusher available
17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (8-8) - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina - Alot of people have jenkins to the bengals, I have Gilmore rated higher
18. San Diego (8-8) - Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia - Rivers was on his a$$ too much, OL needs an overhaul
19. Chicago (8-8) - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech - Chicago could definately end up with a top FA WR and go defense here. If that fails my draftcrush is gone
20. Tennessee (9-7) - Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin - Titans have issues at gaurd too, Konz starts day 1 at one of 3 interior spots, longterm center
21. Cincinnati* (9-7) - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami - Bengals could draft 2 DB's in the first but I couldn't mock that....Benson's replacement....
22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (10-6) - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor - another weopon for Colt, or????
23. Detroit* (10-6) - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama - Whoever decides to take the top Safety is a mystery to me, Detroit is one of many with the need
24. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio St - Steelers need to get younger on both lines
25. Denver* (8-8) - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi St - Broncos D gets another future star
26. Houston* (10-6) - Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina - reach alert, Houston has few needs, but WR is a glaring one
27. New England - from New Orleans* (13-3) - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU - Hate that this guy dropped to NE here
28. Green Bay* (15-1) - Nick Perry, OLB/DE, USC - Pack get another pass rusher from USC, Mathews gets back on DPOY pace
29. Baltimore* (12-4) - Donta Hightower, MLB, Alabama - I was impressed with his 4.6 at 270, Ray Lewis heir apparent
30. San Francisco* (13-3) - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama - I hate this pick, and I'm not sure Baalke would make it. And Fleener is still there. But if we lose any of our FA, Rogers appears to be it. We also will address WR in Free Agency, be it Morgan, Ginn, Moss, Meachum.... There isn't a WR worth this pick IMO, at least not one rated as high as Jenkins
31. New England* (13-3) - Coutney Upshaw, OLB/DE, Alabama - His film and productivity are legit, but he drops due to poor combine and others impressing
32. New York Giants* (9-7) - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - Fleener wont drop to 2nd, fills an immediate need for the Giants

I left Tannehill off because I dont think teams will reach for him, although Cleveland is a possibility at #22. I have the top WR's going earlier then any expect. Free Agency could address some teams needs at WR and effect the ones I have slated to Jacksonville, Chicago, ect....I know I'm gonna get grief on Jenkins, but thats how I have it right now before free agency answers alot of questions.....Am I the only one bored with Fleener? We can't pass on WR and CB if Rogers signs elsewhere IMO. I'm also high on Dontari Poe, he might not go to Carolina but will land somewhere earlier then origionally projected in the late 1st. Steelers hope he falls to 24 but doubtful.
dont think the browns take a rb, i think they take blackmon
i would love this to play out cause it would be awesome if janoris fell to us....we would get a big steal!!!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i would love this to play out cause it would be awesome if janoris fell to us....we would get a big steal!!!

This is just a question, but wasnt Cliff Harris a top corner before his off the field issues? Meaning wouldnt he be a steal if we toook him in the 6th?
yes he'd be a steal in the 6th IMO
Good post.

Tough call until FA is over BUT I think someone moves up to snag Tannehill. Maybe Seattle, KC.

Hate seeing DeCastro going to Cards but I see it in a lot of mocks.

Jenkins would be a steal - just hope he isn't a Pacman clone.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

Tough call until FA is over BUT I think someone moves up to snag Tannehill. Maybe Seattle, KC.

Thanks, it's still a crapshoot at this point but I been looking at alot of mocks I disagreed with so I took a stab at one myself. Jenkins is a risk but with Rogers still unsigned and now Moss in the fold Jenkins would be my top rated player left.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

This is just a question, but wasnt Cliff Harris a top corner before his off the field issues? Meaning wouldnt he be a steal if we toook him in the 6th?
yea id agree to that in the 6th. Harris has got bigger issues than jenkins tho

Harris would be an awesome KR/PR
Ok, good. Becasue I have him in the 6th round in a couple of mock drafts. Im not gonna post a mine until friday though because I wanna see how this free agency plays out.
But yea, I watched the interview we did with him and watched some Youtube clips and saw that he can return kicks pretty well. He always mentioned that he would love to play under a guy like Harbaugh. Im just wondering if Baalke takes that chance. Im kinda tired of seeing guys from our own backyard(the Pac-12) go to teams and be successful.
I was also thinking about trading away our number 30 pick to possibly Jax, MIA, Car, Buf, or KC. But that was before I realized what they could possibly get with that pick and that we play Buffalo and Miami.
What do you guys think?
  • rrsis
  • Veteran
Jenkins is a risk but with Rogers still unsigned and now Moss in the fold Jenkins would be my top rated player left.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

thats true with deCastro, but i dont really get these mocks. their tackles are really pathetic, their guards are average. so deCastro would be an upgrade without a doubt but not their biggest need.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home