There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Division Rival's Draft (Rams, Cards, Hawks)

I just wanted to start a thread on our division rivals and the trades, draft picks, and offseason moves leading up to the draft and how they affect the 49ers and our future. Also I saw I accidentaly copied another thread titleso I changed it. So look we all know Our division sucks, therefore we will see alot of young talent being added into our division)

Washington traded up from 6 to number 2 and gave up first in 2012, 2013, and 2014 along with other picks. WOW. I give them credt for ballsing up and getting the guy they wanted even if it meant giving up alot. They are selecting one helluva player in RG3. Can't wait to see Vick vs RG3- Just sayin.

Rams | Add several picks after trading down Fri, 09 Mar 2012 20:00:36 -0800

The St. Louis Rams traded the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft to the Washington Redskins Friday, March 9. The Rams will move down to the No. 6 pick, and they will also receive future first-round picks as well as additional draft picks, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder, according to sources. The deal cannot become official until the start of the new league year, which begins next week.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1ogydXP53
[ Edited by D-Money on Mar 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM ]
WOW. I just now found this out.
  • mod
  • Veteran
OTB
If they (the Rams) have even decent drafts, they should be stacked in the years to come. If Blackmon makes it down to #6, they could have the beginnings of something on offense, if they can ever protect Bradford. I still think Bradford is going to struggle, but they could put together a hell of a supporting cast, and build depth on defense.
Won't be official until Tuesday
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

1 pm, PST.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
WOW. I just now found this out.

I lol'd
I'll tell you what I'd rather face Bradford and all these picks than RGIII. They will indeed have more overall talent on the team for the next few years, but I just think RGIII is going to be one hell of a player and he plays the most important position. I really have a lot of respect for Washington and them doing everything they could to acquire a franchise qb. And thank you Rams for passing on the kid, could prove more costly than the picks Wash gave up.
For all the guys wanting peyton, or wanting to trade up for Blackmon, maybe Luck, RG 3....just look at what Danny Snyder has done to the Skins franchise.
Traded their 6th pick in the draft for #2 and then:

give up #1 pick in 2013
give up # 1 pick in 2014
give up #2 pick this yr, #38 overall.

That is a Herschel Walker team wrecker type trade, meaning Skins will not be able to get any of the top picks until 2015. How would YOU want to be a fan of the Skins? Basically, they got their QB, but cannot get starters for OL, DL, RB, WR, TE, CB, DBs ...for the next 3 yrs. IF the Skins had a team almost ready to go for the SB, this would be different. But they just have too many holes. RG3 may go there and be all world, but he is going to have to do it basically alone. Wiping out a team's draft picks like this ought to be against the law.

On the other side of the coin, Rams are going to be one helluva team by yr 2015. Ouch. It just puts more pressure on baalke and JH to come up with 3 top flite WRs at end of draft and FA. (or, in the case of Fleener, a terrific TE and 2 starting WRs.)
I expect Washington to improve a little each year after a 500 season this year. I've always liked Shanahan, and we all know Dan Snyder ain't scared of adding free agents but I think RGIII will make the players around him better. If I'm a fan of the skins I'm thinking I've got a better qb than the 49ers.
would not be surprised if the rams drafted defense with this years first pick

even if blackmon is still there

hell they might trade down to take defense and acquire more picks
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
would not be surprised if the rams drafted defense with this years first pick

even if blackmon is still there

hell they might trade down to take defense and acquire more picks

Itll be Claiborne or trade down and get an OLB and if by some crazy stroke of luck they Vikings pass on Kalil they have to nab him and move around the rest of their line a bit.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
For all the guys wanting peyton, or wanting to trade up for Blackmon, maybe Luck, RG 3....just look at what Danny Snyder has done to the Skins franchise.
Traded their 6th pick in the draft for #2 and then:

give up #1 pick in 2013
give up # 1 pick in 2014
give up #2 pick this yr, #38 overall.

That is a Herschel Walker team wrecker type trade, meaning Skins will not be able to get any of the top picks until 2015. How would YOU want to be a fan of the Skins? Basically, they got their QB, but cannot get starters for OL, DL, RB, WR, TE, CB, DBs ...for the next 3 yrs. IF the Skins had a team almost ready to go for the SB, this would be different. But they just have too many holes. RG3 may go there and be all world, but he is going to have to do it basically alone. Wiping out a team's draft picks like this ought to be against the law.

On the other side of the coin, Rams are going to be one helluva team by yr 2015. Ouch. It just puts more pressure on baalke and JH to come up with 3 top flite WRs at end of draft and FA. (or, in the case of Fleener, a terrific TE and 2 starting WRs.)
Well they just got Roy Helu soo they wont need an RB. But theyre hurt everywhere else. Lucky for them, the potential at WR and DB is deep this year, cuz they def need both.
ANd we dont really HAVE to get Fleener, his value is mostly in us having JH as a coach. BUt id love to have him
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by valrod33:

1 pm, PST.

what if before tuesday griffith got busted for being the kingpin in a major cocaine ring, or blew out both acls...could skins back out of the deal? i would think so