LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 192 users in the forums

TE Orson Charles - Arrested on DUI

Fleener only has 1st round value to us if you really think about it, its not like we cant get a good tightend if we miss out on him. Most of his value just comes from us having JH as our coach
Never understood why people were in love with Orson. I don't even have him in my top 64, I'd have to check my big board at home to see where I put him initially, I think it was as a mid 3rd rounder.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Never understood why people were in love with Orson. I don't even have him in my top 64, I'd have to check my big board at home to see where I put him initially, I think it was as a mid 3rd rounder.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine he'd be much of an upgrade over Walker. Fleener I can see, because he brings a different dimension (height).
I had Orson as a mid-second rounder before the DUI. This probably pushes him down a half round. Look for a stable franchise with solid leadership to pull the trigger late in the second round and get a pretty good value pick.

Welcome, Mr. Charles, to the NFL's Substance Abuse Program.

It is clearer every day that Fleener will be the 1st TE off the board if he puts in a decent campus workout. Allen is a probable mid-second rounder. Not a very strong TE class this year.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM ]
Not going in the 2nd round anymore. Probably a middle 3rd now, maybe even 4th.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

especially with that 4.75 forty time at his pro day. Very average......
Originally posted by sfout:

He plays much much faster than his 40 time suggests. Id question his hands and driving ethics before id ever doubt his speed. 40 times are worthless when it comes to football imo.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

He plays much much faster than his 40 time suggests. Id question his hands and driving ethics before id ever doubt his speed. 40 times are worthless when it comes to football imo.

I dont put a lot of stock in them either but when you couple personal issues with a "negative" like a bad 40 time, you could see this guys stock take quite a tumble.

I dont put a lot of stock in them either but when you couple personal issues with a "negative" like a bad 40 time, you could see this guys stock take quite a tumble.

Im still shocked people had him over Allen honestly. Allen was the best TE in the CSRA the last 2 years.
Sucks for him. I doubt he was going to come here anyways. But it does make Fleener #1 tight end for sure. So Fleener probably won't fall to 30. I trust Harbaugh and Baalke to find a gem of a tight end in the later rounds though. If anyone knows their TE's, it's Harbaugh. Don't sleep on Rueland and Bynham though. Niners might have all the depth they need with them.

Walker haters can keep on hating. Niners don't really NEED a TE. I'm just saying.

• sfout
  • Veteran

Im still shocked people had him over Allen honestly. Allen was the best TE in the CSRA the last 2 years.

I disagree, just my opinion but I think Allen was #1 because of his size, to go back to your point about being football fast, I think Charles plays faster then Allen and just looks like a more capable player. But thats just me :D and Fleener is better then both of them lol.
Share 49ersWebzone