LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

TE Orson Charles - Arrested on DUI

Georgia TE Orson Charles was arrested Friday morning and charged with DUI in Clarke County, GA.

The first-team All-SEC tight end was the No. 1 prospect at his position, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock. Although underwhelming at Georgia's Pro Day early this week, Charles was still expected to push Stanford's Coby Fleener as the first tight end off the board next month. The DUI makes Charles a much riskier pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229260/georgia-te-charles-arrested-for-dui-friday

So if we want Fleener this is bad news, right? On the other hand, does he fall to us?
Idiot
Charles is not a risky pick.

He's very humble.

He just got caught up I guess. Youth.
As long as we keep him and Aldon Smith apart, I'd be cool with drafting him....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

No thanks.....another 6'2" tight-end.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

No thanks.....another 6'2" tight-end.

6'2 or 5'9, if you can ball, you can ball. Not a draft guru, but there is a reason this dude is projected to go top of his position.
Bad combine, bad Pro Day, arrested for DUI before the draft....Orson Charles....welcome to the 4th round
6'2 or 5'9, if you can ball, you can ball. Not a draft guru, but there is a reason this dude is projected to go top of his position.

The problem is he doesn't provide any sort of complementary factor. He's basically a poor-man's Vernon Davis. Why get a poor-man's Vernon Davis when you already HAVE Vernon Davis on your team???
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The problem is he doesn't provide any sort of complementary factor. He's basically a poor-man's Vernon Davis. Why get a poor-man's Vernon Davis when you already HAVE Vernon Davis on your team???
Thats like saying why do you need two number 1 wrs.....

With that said, I'm not lobbying for the guy, but if he is talented I'd be all for it. I'm not caught up in the, "oh, we need a super tall WR./TE to score in the redzone" hype.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM ]

So if we want Fleener this is bad news, right? On the other hand, does he fall to us?

Yeah, probably won't matter once Fleener runs a 4.5-4.6, but it sure doesn't help allow Fleener to fall to us.

What a moron. ( Charles )
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Draft him he'll fit right in.
If he falls all the way to us in the second (which I doubt) then I would definitely take him.
stock down and I thought he would get drafted before Fleener. not anymore
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Stock = bye bye

Share 49ersWebzone