There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1st thought post combine mock

With Brooks now signed:

Think we keep: Alex, Rodgers and Gold for sure
FA's that are gone: Snyder, Ginn and Grant
Let go: Spencer, Rachal, Norris

I'm thinking we sign a 2nd tier WR in FA: maybe Meachem

DRAFT:
1. Fleener (TE) been on and off this bandwagon but instant offense and matchup hell when paired with vernon!
2. Jayron Hosley (CB) eventual starter
3. Robert Turbin or Doug Martin (RB) really hope one of these guys falls to us. Both run and catch the ball well.
4. Devon Wylie (WR) very quick and fast. Also a replacement for Ginn on special teams.
5. Desmond Wynn (OG) very athletic for a big man
looks good but I hate to lose any of our fa's other than rachal and norris and spencer
I don't want a RB this year unless it is in the 5th or later.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I don't want a RB this year unless it is in the 5th or later.

Don't be upset if you don't get what you want.

Harbaughs offense is everything that Singletarys offense never could be: RBs that will punch people in the mouth. Wherever it may be, we're bringing in talented back this draft
Love the mock draft with the exception of #3. I agree with Jakemall. Next years draft is supposed to be loaded with running backs. This years draft is loaded with receivers. If we don't pick up another WR via free agency, I could see us picking up two receivers plus Fleener. Insert Tommy Streeter, Brian Quick, Marvin McNutt or Marvin Jones with #3 and now we're talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't Hosley more of a zone corner? I wouldn't mind the pick, but I would prefer a guy like Josh Norman.
The more I think about it and after signing brooks I certain that we work out a deal with c. Rodgers. I thimk we go.after rotarional and future replacements early in the draft. Here are 5 guys I think can be plugged right on and contribute:
1.Coby Fleener
2.Doug Martin
3.Trumaine Johnson
4.Derek Wolfe
5.Brian Quick
What you guys think?
Really like Tubin but taking him in the 3rd might not be optimal. He'll be the 3rd RB and we will have some other positional need for that piack. it would be great fi we could get him in the 4th.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Really like Tubin but taking him in the 3rd might not be optimal. He'll be the 3rd RB and we will have some other positional need for that piack. it would be great fi we could get him in the 4th.


I agree but think he will be gone by the time we pick in the 4th.

After hearing Trent say they wanted players who could take the short pass and turn them into long gains or TD's, I started thinking of pass catching rb's and these 2 guys fit the bill.
Turbin's a monster in the 3rd round, think our next Frank Gore for the next 7 to 9 seasons. He's not beastmode he's Hulkmode.
I like your mock. I think we may find a gem with Turbin. Let's face reality, Gore is getting older, and nobody is afraid of Dixon. Hunter is a nice complimentary back, to Gore, but if Gore is not playing, then other teams know they can afford to drop more guys back into coverage. We need to get a RB like Turbin who can fill in for Gore and grow into his replacement. If we don't get Turbin, then once Gore gets injured, again, in 2012 (I think it's inevitable) then we'll be stuck with a Dixon/Hunter backfield. Even though Turbin will be in his rookie year, I still prefer him to DIxon. I think with a Turbin/Hunter backfield we'll be a more dangerous Offense than we are with Dixon/Hunter
Originally posted by rk1642:
With Brooks now signed:

Think we keep: Alex, Rodgers and Gold for sure
FA's that are gone: Snyder, Ginn and Grant
Let go: Spencer, Rachal, Norris

I'm thinking we sign a 2nd tier WR in FA: maybe Meachem

DRAFT:
1. Fleener (TE) been on and off this bandwagon but instant offense and matchup hell when paired with vernon!
2. Jayron Hosley (CB) eventual starter
3. Robert Turbin or Doug Martin (RB) really hope one of these guys falls to us. Both run and catch the ball well.
4. Devon Wylie (WR) very quick and fast. Also a replacement for Ginn on special teams.
5. Desmond Wynn (OG) very athletic for a big man


I am also assuming you are keeping Josh morgan at WR?????

Love the draft, your rounds 1 and 3 are my exact mock. The niners are slightly reaching for Fleener and Turbin at those spots, but only by 10 spots or so. If they are considered play makers, the niners need them. I would take round 2, best WR available, and round 4, best small school CB.
I believe the choices will depend on how much of an improvement we see in personnel vs what we have now that determines who and when we pick. I would love a monster DL early but not if he is comparable to RJF, Tukuafu, Dobbs and Williams. So too, with the corners if the new guys are comparable to Newcomb qnd Nelms. If none of the new picks are not greatly better then what we have, I would then go for a guy like Fleener and then a runningback. If Gore is the Gore of the past a high pick may be redundant but if Gore is lost we may sacrifice a season. I think our management is too smart to go commando when assbitten teams are legion for not being prepared. IMO god could be available next year but that won't stop the howls when this team collapses due to miscalculation. As for receivers, if we got
Fleener and Morgan and Bogan back plus any picks, should stock our shelves nicely even if we lack an EJ Green type. One caveat is if we lose Gore then no receiver is going to bridge the gap and that is why I believe a top runningback this year is crucial. The entire offense was based on running well and while Hunter might do the job, I think it is a risk that could be costly. All other spots seem to be at least manageable to a good coaching staff but as pivotal as the running is, it has to have a solid core.
Originally posted by rk1642:
With Brooks now signed:

Think we keep: Alex, Rodgers and Gold for sure
FA's that are gone: Snyder, Ginn and Grant
Let go: Spencer, Rachal, Norris

I'm thinking we sign a 2nd tier WR in FA: maybe Meachem

DRAFT:
1. Fleener (TE) been on and off this bandwagon but instant offense and matchup hell when paired with vernon!
2. Jayron Hosley (CB) eventual starter
3. Robert Turbin or Doug Martin (RB) really hope one of these guys falls to us. Both run and catch the ball well.
4. Devon Wylie (WR) very quick and fast. Also a replacement for Ginn on special teams.
5. Desmond Wynn (OG) very athletic for a big man


Originally posted by Rgonelove:
The more I think about it and after signing brooks I certain that we work out a deal with c. Rodgers. I thimk we go.after rotarional and future replacements early in the draft. Here are 5 guys I think can be plugged right on and contribute:
1.Coby Fleener
2.Doug Martin
3.Trumaine Johnson
4.Derek Wolfe
5.Brian Quick
What you guys think?


I really think we need to adress the Wr position by at least the 3rd round. @ Rgonelove - I can't see Brian Quick making out the the 3rd round to be honest with you.