LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Your WR Big Board (Top 10)

yea sundevil thats not even close to a realistic ranking of WR talent in this draft. Wright at 9? That's comical at best. Dude has a good shot at being the best WR in this draft when its all said and done.

You dont even have Jefferey ranked in the top ten. I understand hes the guy the webzone loves to hate on, hes the fat kid in gym class, I get it, and i personally wouldnt take him in the first, but if he was available in the second i would run to the podium to take him. Im hoping exactly just that happens because of people devaluing his talent due to appearance and combine #s.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
For Wright a small WR it was REALLY disappointing I'm sure his stock is dropping. Sanu ran as expected a 4.6

who gives a s**t

on tape hes the fastest player on the field by far

in position drills he was fast

furing the gaundelete he was fast
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
For Wright a small WR it was REALLY disappointing I'm sure his stock is dropping. Sanu ran as expected a 4.6

who gives a s**t

For a short WR I rather pick Wylie from Fresno St. Fast and great special teams player in the 4th or 5th round.

who gives a s**t

For a short WR I rather pick Wylie from Fresno St. Fast and great special teams player in the 4th or 5th round.
Thats Comical at best. You would rather have wylie than wright? Im from fresno. I know Fresno state. Wylie wont be much in the NFL. Durability is an issue and he will have touble simply making a squad. He may get a chance somewhere hurting for special teams players, but thats not us. He has value in special teams only. He is a clifton smith clone only clifton smith was beter.

I personally am for drafting fleener, but if wright falls to #30 because of the hype on hill and Randle i would run to the podium to grab him.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 28, 2012 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Stephen Hill
3. Michael Floyd
4. Reuben Randle
5. Chris Givens
6. Tommy Streeter
7.A.J. Jenkins
8. Marvin Jones
9. Kendall Wright
10. T.Y. Hilton

I was pretty dissapointed with Kendall's 40. Same with Sanu.

wtf is this?

couldnt disagree more

youre putting more stock on combine than gametape

i hope youre not the one who criticizes al davis when he picks

Couldn't disagree more? So you wouldn't put a single player I have in my top 10 in your top 10? lol

WR's with over 1000 yards last season and their 40 time:
CJ 4.3
Wes Walker 4.36
Victor Cruz 4.51
LF 4.5
Steve Smith 4.38
Roddy White 4.47
Jordy Nelson 4.51
Brandon Marshall 4.57
Mike Wallace 4.33
Hakeem Nicks 4.51
Dwayne Bowe 4.51
Marques Colston 4.55
Antonio Brown 4.57 (but ran 4.47 on his pro day)
Vincent Jackson 4.46
A.J. Green 4.51
Nate Washington 4.53
Steve Johnson 4.59

The next group of WRs?
DHB - what did he run, like a 4.24
Brandon Lloyd - can't find his 40
DeSean Jackson - 4.35
Reggie Wayne - 4.45
Julio Jones - 4.39
Greg Jennings - 4.42
Jabar Gaffney - 4.53
Pierre Garcon - 4.42
Dez Bryant - 4.52

Right guys, but I'm the crazy one that thinks the 40 time matter

Go ahead and find me the top WR last year who ran a 4.6 above last year.

Edit: Actually I do know the one successful WR currently in the NFL that ran a 4.6 or higher and still made it in the NFL. Anquan Boldin. Wright is nothing like Boldin.

2nd Edit: and as much s**t we give Al Davis, DHB actually had a great year last season.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 28, 2012 at 8:56 PM ]
But wait, I know what the counter will be. JERRY RICE DIDN'T RUN A 4.4!!!!!!!

Just like Kellen Moore is the same height as Drew Brees!!!!!

lol, you guys crack me up. Numbers don't lie. Sanu and Wright have terrible speed.

As far as Jeffery, I don't know how you can rank him when he didn't even run a 40. He isn't Blackmon, speed is a big concern for him. Now if JEffery can run a 4.5, I'd put im in the top 10. If he runs a 4.6, nope.

I guess you could say the same thing with T.Y. Hilton, but I'm pretty confident that guy runs in the 4.4s.
^^ im convinced youve never seen wright play

Wright is an explosive WR at all levels of the field- Consistently separates from defender and gets good positioning on DB

Accelerates quickly and smoothly, gets to top speed within the first ten yard

Wright's acceleration is a tremendous asset. He has the ability to get to full speed almost instantly.

Speed: Kendall has track-star speed.Any time the Baylor football team did sprints, Kendall was always one of the top finishers. I've never seen him get caught from behind and he has the wheels to take it for six from anywhere on the field.

Has the speed to simply outrun defenders to the endzone. Has an arsenal of jukes that he uses to get by the first man, and once he's in space he's tough to stop.

A terrific athlete who has world-class speed

Explosive athlete. Great speed and acceleration. Only takes a few steps to get to full speed

each quote is from a different scouting report

try to find one that says he doesnt have elite speed

and larry fitz and jerry rice both ran above 4.6
^^ im convinced youve never seen wright play

Wright is an explosive WR at all levels of the field- Consistently separates from defender and gets good positioning on DB

Accelerates quickly and smoothly, gets to top speed within the first ten yard

Wright's acceleration is a tremendous asset. He has the ability to get to full speed almost instantly.

Speed: Kendall has track-star speed.Any time the Baylor football team did sprints, Kendall was always one of the top finishers. I've never seen him get caught from behind and he has the wheels to take it for six from anywhere on the field.

Has the speed to simply outrun defenders to the endzone. Has an arsenal of jukes that he uses to get by the first man, and once he's in space he's tough to stop.

A terrific athlete who has world-class speed

Explosive athlete. Great speed and acceleration. Only takes a few steps to get to full speed

each quote is from a different scouting report

try to find one that says he doesnt have elite speed

and larry fitz and jerry rice both ran above 4.6

LOL, comparing Wright to Jerry Rice. I CALLED IT!!!!

And LF is 6'3, 225lbs and ran a 4.53, not above a 4.6. Nice try though. LF has 5 inches and what, 30lbs on Kendall. Ridiculous to compare them.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/46239.html

And I have seen Kendall Wright play numerous times.

hmmm...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123207803343289089.html
That says LF ran a 4.63^^^^

Even if he did run a 4.63, its completely insane to compare a 6'3 225 lbs guy who had one of the best college careers ever to Kendall Wright.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM ]

And LF is 6'3, 225lbs and ran a 4.53, not above a 4.6. Nice try though. LF has 5 inches and what, 30lbs on Kendall. Ridiculous to compare them.

forget it your reading and comrehension skills suck

and if youve seen him so does your football analysis

find one person who thinks wright doesnt have elite speed even after the combine
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM ]

forget it your reading and comrehension skills suck

and if youve seen him so does your football analysis

find one person who thinks wright doesnt have elite speed even after the combine

Me, thats one person.

Me, thats one person.

hes faster than RG3 did you not see in sprints kendall wright always comes ahead of him

40 doesnt mean anything a bad start bad form will cause you to have a bad time by .1+ seconds

you must be al davis 2.0 only look at combine no game film
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Stephen Hill
3. Michael Floyd
4. Reuben Randle
5. Chris Givens
6. Tommy Streeter
7.A.J. Jenkins
8. Marvin Jones
9. Kendall Wright
10. T.Y. Hilton

wtf is this?

couldnt disagree more

Couldn't disagree more? So you wouldn't put a single player I have in my top 10 in your top 10? lol

CJ 4.3
Wes Walker 4.36
Victor Cruz 4.51
LF 4.5
Steve Smith 4.38
Roddy White 4.47
Jordy Nelson 4.51
Brandon Marshall 4.57
Mike Wallace 4.33
Hakeem Nicks 4.51
Dwayne Bowe 4.51
Marques Colston 4.55
Vincent Jackson 4.46
A.J. Green 4.51
Nate Washington 4.53
Steve Johnson 4.59

The next group of WRs?
DeSean Jackson - 4.35
Reggie Wayne - 4.45
Julio Jones - 4.39
Greg Jennings - 4.42
Jabar Gaffney - 4.53
Pierre Garcon - 4.42
Dez Bryant - 4.52

Edit: Actually I do know the one successful WR currently in the NFL that ran a 4.6 or higher and still made it in the NFL. Anquan Boldin. Wright is nothing like Boldin.

2nd Edit: and as much s**t we give Al Davis, DHB actually had a great year last season.
Larry Fitzgerald...hes pretty good right? Not to mention victor cruz's 40 isaint exactly setting the world on fire. If you want me to be 100% honest, I dont even look at 40 times, i could care less. When i put on tape i either see speed or i dont. 40 time is so overrated its comical.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

who gives a s**t

Thats Comical at best. You would rather have wylie than wright? Im from fresno. I know Fresno state. Wylie wont be much in the NFL. Durability is an issue and he will have touble simply making a squad. He may get a chance somewhere hurting for special teams players, but thats not us. He has value in special teams only. He is a clifton smith clone only clifton smith was beter.

I personally am for drafting fleener, but if wright falls to #30 because of the hype on hill and Randle i would run to the podium to grab him.

Not really because the risk of picking an undersized WR from 1st round to 4th or 5th round is very minimal is a low risk high reward issue and money as well. Wylie has Welker type skills and yes durability is an issue with him but in the later rounds I wouldn't mind the risk you get me? As you know Ted Ginn is a free agent unless you want Williams returning kicks Wylie would be a perfect fit for specials team for cheap. Fleener is not a bad pick if available although he don't block for a TE reminds me a little bit like Dallas Clark but hey multiple TE formations he can work he knows the system as well.
1. Justin Blackmon
2. Stephen Hill
3. Michael Floyd
4. Reuben Randle
5. Chris Givens
6. Tommy Streeter
7.A.J. Jenkins
8. Marvin Jones
9. Kendall Wright
10. T.Y. Hilton

wtf is this?

couldnt disagree more

CJ 4.3
Wes Walker 4.36
Victor Cruz 4.51
LF 4.5
Steve Smith 4.38
Roddy White 4.47
Jordy Nelson 4.51
Brandon Marshall 4.57
Mike Wallace 4.33
Hakeem Nicks 4.51
Dwayne Bowe 4.51
Marques Colston 4.55
Vincent Jackson 4.46
A.J. Green 4.51
Nate Washington 4.53
Steve Johnson 4.59

The next group of WRs?
DeSean Jackson - 4.35
Reggie Wayne - 4.45
Julio Jones - 4.39
Greg Jennings - 4.42
Jabar Gaffney - 4.53
Pierre Garcon - 4.42
Dez Bryant - 4.52

Larry Fitzgerald...hes pretty good right? Not to mention victor cruz's 40 isaint exactly setting the world on fire. If you want me to be 100% honest, I dont even look at 40 times, i could care less. When i put on tape i either see speed or i dont. 40 time is so overrated its comical.

I actually think Sanu is going to be a good prospect still raw but he is big and YAC has written all over him even though he ran a 4.6 has TO type of abilities IMO.

Dream Picks

Fleener in da 1st
Sanu in da 2nd

Right. I'm the unreasonable one.

You guys are comparing Kendall Wright to Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald and completely ignoring 40 times. Only WRs playing in the NFL now with over 4.6 40s and are succesful are both 220+ lbs (Fitz and Boldin). Kendall is THIRTY lbs lighter.

And Victor Cruz is still a full point faster then Kendall Wright! If a WR doesn't have a great 40, to make it in the NFL they have to at least have great size. Look at all the names I posted....I'm not making s**t up. You guys are the ones ranking a guy very high based on him being the exception to what works in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone