There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Jeffrey Fuller, WR (225) — He's going to work out again March 28 with Tannehill. He ran 4.66 and 4.65 40s, had a 36-inch vertical jump, 4.33 short shuttle and a 7.10 three-cone drill. He did positional workouts, but the feeling is he might be better adding weight and becoming a TE rather than being a WR.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Not saying it'll turn out the same way for Fuller, but wasn't the same thing said about Marques Colston when he was coming out? I know Colston ran better (4.50 at the combine).

So which of these is the truth????

Texas A&M WR Jeff Fuller ran a 4.53 forty with a 36-inch vertical jump at his Pro Day on Wednesday.

Fuller sat out the Combine due to a stress fracture in his foot, so a low 4.5 time is solid for his 6-foot-4 frame. Another big name that failed to meet expectations in his senior year, Fuller showed inconsistent hands and a lack of effort at Texas A&M and during the Senior Bowl. Now likely a third-day pick, we think Fuller has some Dwayne Jarrett to him.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7485/jeff-fuller
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I know OTC has mention Greg Childs numerous times as a guy we should keep an eye on in the later rounds (which I agree. He was Ark.'s #1 WR before injuries got the best of him.) But he has heck of a pro-day. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.40 and 4.39 seconds, had a 40 1/2-inch vertical jump, and a 10-foot-7 broad jump. Also impressed a lot of scouts in the positional workouts. I hope we go Hill in the 1st and snag someone like Childs later in the draft. We need as many big (Childs is 6'3), fast WRs as we can get imo. He also had huge hands (10 1/8''). With his size and speed, he'd be a great addition later the draft. I'm sick of seeing 6'0-6'1 WRs that can't get any separation.

I think that workout could put him as a lock to be taken with the first five rounds. I'm a believer that he is healthy now. With Hill likely to be out of reach (I am doubtful he makes it anywhere near our pick now), the middle rounds are looking much more attractive to land a WR.

Just did a little reading and it's being said that Childs now will have a shot to go as high as the third, or probably the 4th round. Wow.

Childs in the 4th man. He reminded me of TO when he was friggin healthy with that size and athleticism. Plus he's a pro style WR. Lets get him.

If our staff believes he can return to form, 2 years removed from the injury, I'd trust them taking him in the 3rd even.

I'll have to try and watch more of him, but I remember checking him out earlier in the year and I didn't like his hands, looked like he often body catches.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Jeffrey Fuller, WR (225) — He's going to work out again March 28 with Tannehill. He ran 4.66 and 4.65 40s, had a 36-inch vertical jump, 4.33 short shuttle and a 7.10 three-cone drill. He did positional workouts, but the feeling is he might be better adding weight and becoming a TE rather than being a WR.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Not saying it'll turn out the same way for Fuller, but wasn't the same thing said about Marques Colston when he was coming out? I know Colston ran better (4.50 at the combine).

So which of these is the truth????

Texas A&M WR Jeff Fuller ran a 4.53 forty with a 36-inch vertical jump at his Pro Day on Wednesday.

Fuller sat out the Combine due to a stress fracture in his foot, so a low 4.5 time is solid for his 6-foot-4 frame. Another big name that failed to meet expectations in his senior year, Fuller showed inconsistent hands and a lack of effort at Texas A&M and during the Senior Bowl. Now likely a third-day pick, we think Fuller has some Dwayne Jarrett to him.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7485/jeff-fuller

Regardless of what his true 40 time was, I don't think he'll be an impact player in the NFL. His hands are just so damn inconsistent.
Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider
Western Kentucky CB Derrius Brooks ran 4.29 and 4.35 for scouts from the 49ers and Titans at his Pro Day workout: bit.ly/ynzEY5
Tommy Streeter and Lamar Miller had their pro days yesterday. Apparently, both performed very well during position drills. I still wouldn't touch Streeter until the 3rd round. He's extremely raw and really doesn't play as fast as he runs. That, and his hands were like stone during the combine. I also questioned his efforts on some of the routes he ran. Looked like he gave up a few times.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Western Kentucky CB Derrius Brooks ran 4.29 and 4.35 for scouts from the 49ers and Titans at his Pro Day workout: bit.ly/ynzEY5

Any idea where he is projected?
Originally posted by Bootlegger:

Cornerback

7th round guy, maybe 6th if this draws enough interest. He is from a smaller school, but was productive. 4 INTs this season. Has nickel corner size though, at just above 5-9 188.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Tommy Streeter and Lamar Miller had their pro days yesterday. Apparently, both performed very well during position drills. I still wouldn't touch Streeter until the 3rd round. He's extremely raw and really doesn't play as fast as he runs. That, and his hands were like stone during the combine. I also questioned his efforts on some of the routes he ran. Looked like he gave up a few times.

I don't think Street will go as high as some think. I've re-evaluated him over the past few weeks and see that while he has enormous potential, he has a ways to go. I remember Ricardo Lockette having a good combine last year and having great speed, but his needed adjustment to the NFL game had him going undrafted. (He wound up playing in some games for Seattle and making some plays, however). Streeter looks like a solid 4th rounder at this point.

In other news, I'm sure already mentioned here... that DUI for TE Orson Charles is probably going to knock him down at least until the 3rd or farther.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I don't think Street will go as high as some think. I've re-evaluated him over the past few weeks and see that while he has enormous potential, he has a ways to go. I remember Ricardo Lockette having a good combine last year and having great speed, but his needed adjustment to the NFL game had him going undrafted. (He wound up playing in some games for Seattle and making some plays, however). Streeter looks like a solid 4th rounder at this point.

In other news, I'm sure already mentioned here... that DUI for TE Orson Charles is probably going to knock him down at least until the 3rd or farther.

Something that I also think about is Streeter's body type. At 6'5'', he looks damn skinny and I feel like his durability in the NFL will be in question.
WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida-International, clocks a 4.34 at Pro Day today: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2685353/ty-hilton-shows-off-speed-for.html

Also, it may have not been mentioned, but WR Joe Adams failed to improve his 40 time at his pro day. Another 4.55. Adams also reportedly had a stroke in 2009. I have had him in the late 4th up until now and don't see any reason to raise him. Might even bump him into the early 5th.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM ]

Cornerback

lol
12/16/11 - 2011 ALL-SUN BELT CONFERENCE SECOND TEAM: Derrius Brooks (WKU, Sr., DB), has been selected All-Sun Belt Conference Second Team for the 2011 college football season. A converted wide receiver, Brooks emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in just his second season playing the position. After serving in a backup role to start the season, the Fortson, Ga., senior started each of the last eight games at cornerback. He ranks fifth on the team with 48 total tackles, including 33 solo stops. His team-best four interceptions are tied for second-most in the conference in 2011, and tied for 23rd nationally. On top of his INTs, Brooks also led the team with 10 pass breakups. He finished with a season-high nine tackles against Louisiana-Lafayette, and had multiple stops in all 12 games. That included four or more tackles seven times. - Western Kentucky football

11/15/10 - GAME BALL GOES TO: Junior CB Derrius Brooks - A wide receiver turned defensive back, Brooks spearheaded the five turnover performance with two interceptions before eventually paying ultimate dividends with a two-point conversion run for the win in overtime. It was perhaps a career-defining moment for Brooks, who battled through injuries early in his career before losing his starting cornerback job this season to a true freshman. - The Sports Xchange
  • sfout
  • Veteran
WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida-International, clocks a 4.34 at Pro Day today: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2685353/ty-hilton-shows-off-speed-for.html

Also, it may have not been mentioned, but WR Joe Adams failed to improve his 40 time at his pro day. Another 4.55. Adams also reportedly had a stroke in 2009. I have had him in the late 4th up until now and don't see any reason to raise him. Might even bump him into the early 5th.

a stroke? Jesus. Dude is going to have serious head issues if he has any concussions.

I really like Hilton, wouldn't mind Royal and Hilton this year