There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Justin Blackmon

First I'd like to state that I don't think this would be the right move with the WR depth in this draft. Baalke basically stated what most of us pretty much figured, we're not likely to make a big splash and pick up a true #1 reciever. If that's the case with many of the teams in the top 10 willing to trade down, do you make the move to get Blackmon?
[ Edited by goldstandard333 on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM ]
Nope too many WRs with #1 WR potential this year.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Nope too many WRs with #1 WR potential this year.

This. There's quiet a few that can be had in the 2nd-3rd round range that could easily develop into a true #1.
no unless he falls outside top 10
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM ]
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortrepor
From one NFL team: Justin Blackmon just helped himself by running 4.46 in 40 at Okla. St. Pro Day. #NFL32
Originally posted by valrod33:
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortrepor
From one NFL team: Justin Blackmon just helped himself by running 4.46 in 40 at Okla. St. Pro Day. #NFL32

Pro day. I'm adding .1
enjoy Cleveland

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,258
Originally posted by jreff22:
enjoy Cleveland


and trying to catch passes from Colt McCoy. Blackmon can only hope they draft Weeden or sign Matt Flynn.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:
enjoy Cleveland


and trying to catch passes from Colt McCoy. Blackmon can only hope they draft Weeden or sign Matt Flynn.

well they have 2 first rounders...I would go Blackmon and the best RT. Then I would trade back into the 1st and go after Tannehill (hopefully at our pick).
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,258
Originally posted by jreff22:
well they have 2 first rounders...I would go Blackmon and the best RT. Then I would trade back into the 1st and go after Tannehill (hopefully at our pick).

I think the Seahawks might draft Tannehill before they have a chance, I've got a feeling they want to draft a guy and push Tavaris before he becomes a FA so they have a backup plan. The Browns could sign Matt Flynn but I think the Browns are going to have to pick between Osweiler, Weeden and Cousins for competition with McCoy.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:
well they have 2 first rounders...I would go Blackmon and the best RT. Then I would trade back into the 1st and go after Tannehill (hopefully at our pick).

I think the Seahawks might draft Tannehill before they have a chance, I've got a feeling they want to draft a guy and push Tavaris before he becomes a FA so they have a backup plan. The Browns could sign Matt Flynn but I think the Browns are going to have to pick between Osweiler, Weeden and Cousins for competition with McCoy.
I don't see Tannehill going early, especially with FA happening before the draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,258
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:
well they have 2 first rounders...I would go Blackmon and the best RT. Then I would trade back into the 1st and go after Tannehill (hopefully at our pick).

I think the Seahawks might draft Tannehill before they have a chance, I've got a feeling they want to draft a guy and push Tavaris before he becomes a FA so they have a backup plan. The Browns could sign Matt Flynn but I think the Browns are going to have to pick between Osweiler, Weeden and Cousins for competition with McCoy.
I don't see Tannehill going early, especially with FA happening before the draft.

have to wait and see but I think someone will bite on Tannehill, trade back like you're saying but I think it'll happen before our pick. 12 teams called about Manning, only a few of them will "resolve" their issues in free agency, and Tannehill looks like the best way to fix a bad QB situation besides Brandon Weeden.
Baalke/JH - WAY too smart to make that move.

We are a run first team and we desperatly need a RG.

We also desperattely need a WR but not moving up into the top 10 and for the ransome we'd have to pay for it.
I think Blackmon will be a lot like Crabtree both had amazing numbers in college except crabtree is a lot better at yac but not as fast. If cle gets Blackmon then his numbers will be like crabtrees bc not enough throws his way and not a great qb throwing to him as well.....even with Flynn
Originally posted by elguapo:
I think Blackmon will be a lot like Crabtree both had amazing numbers in college except crabtree is a lot better at yac but not as fast. If cle gets Blackmon then his numbers will be like crabtrees bc not enough throws his way and not a great qb throwing to him as well.....even with Flynn

i disagree

i initally thought this but blackmon is much faster look at the 40 time

he also has better hops (see his sports science)