There are 228 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Pre-Combine Big 100 Board

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Interesting....no Kalil?

I grade him lower than most. Good player, but silly early at number 3, in my opinion. I grade him more as a mid 1st rounder

i keep hearing he is the best OT prospect to come out ina while

he isnt a good run blocker but i hear hes the best pass blocker and OT prospect to come out in a while
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I've been saying that about Bradford since he got drafted!!!! People f**king hated on me and said I was an Alexscusemaker or some bs like that, and the only reason I disliked Bradford was because he was better than Alex. BS!!!!!!! Bradford was ridiculously overrated. Alex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradfraud.

Don't tell the Rams, ok!

Won't tell, lol
Do you have Martin higher than Kalil on your "Best Available?"
i still don't understand what this big board is if its not a ranking or mock draft
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i still don't understand what this big board is if its not a ranking or mock draft

It's basically a projection of where a player is expected to be drafted.
Originally posted by Amir:

It's basically a projection of where a player is expected to be drafted.

lol then it shouldn't be called a "big board" cuz those are player rankings
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Mad Dog:
Always good to see your top 100. Could you post your top 100 players that you consider the best 100? Also you convey that this is how teams will pick but it seemed that you did not think Fleener was the best TE in the draft this list would indicate that teams think that he is the top TE in the draft, is that correct? Thanks again.
I will give a Best Available Board sometime in the next month. Sneak preview..my top ten graded right now:
1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Richardson
4) Blackmon
5) Coples
6) DeCastro
7) Claiborne
8) Konz
9) Bobby Wagner
10) Cordy Glenn
You must be really really high on Wagner huh?
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Yes. I think he is a future Pro-bowler
  • World
  • Veteran
I think the team is in a spectacular trade down position if Tannehill is still on the board at 30. Some team every year makes that leap forward into the bottom of the first round to outmanuever other teams for a second tier QB.

As for Jeffery, I have a hard time believing he will arrive at 249 pounds, and run a mid 4.8 as some have stated he is at right now. I expect him to be 235 pounds and run in the high 4.6's. Could it be that Camp Jeffery is sending out this bogus info so that when he looks a bit sloppy and performs poorly, people will say, "Hey, he was ONLY 235 pounds, and did better than expected in the forty."

To me, I think Jeffery is a guy with a ton of question marks, I just don't see him as a first rounder. I haven't since middle of this last season. Great height, but no ability to separate, slow off the line, and just Jeffery and that is why they will be going different directions when the draft happens.

BTW, I think Sanu is a big time target for the Niners at 30. He is everything they want from a WR: great hands, committed, versatile, and most underrated... but key...a great downfield blocker. I can't see him slipping past 30, unless he runs a 4.6 or higher. He is Dwayne Bowe 2.0, minus the attitude.

Couldn't agree with you more on Sanu, and I hope you are right about him being a target for the Niners. He is my #2 rated WR in the draft behind Blackmon. I actually think of Sanu as kind of Anquan Boldin 2.0, but maybe a bit faster.

Best available boards have greats merit, but mocks are silly beyond the first couple handful of picks. One third of the top 100 picks changed hands last year, so making a mock is like plowing the sea. I create this board as a general area where players will be selected. It is simply a projection of the area a player should be drafted.

Yes. I think he is a future Pro-bowler
How do you see him playing in a 3-4? He looks like a Derrick Brooks clone (not a knock on Wagner at all considering Brooks is a soon to be HoFer), but more of a Cover-2 LB where blitzing won't be his responsibility but more coverage and run defense.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Maddog/OTC:
Thank you both for all of your feedback. I would like your personal ratings of how you rank the top 150 in terms of quality for you and then a list of players that you think that the Niners would be interested in. Thank you for indulging us.

I think it is a good draft for interior lineman on both sides, pretty weak for 4-3 DE, a downer for OT's and CB's with any size and overrated for tall WR's. I tend to think many of the smaller midget WR's will have a bigger impact.

As for Niners' targets, think bigger, more physical players on both sides on the edge. Sanu is a player Harbaugh would love. I see the team looking at a taller CB like Minnifield, Norman. High character, hard working physical players. Maybe a Brandon Brooks at guard, Cam Johnson at OLB, Vick Ballard, Derek Wolfe, Josh Chapman
How do you see him playing in a 3-4? He looks like a Derrick Brooks clone (not a knock on Wagner at all considering Brooks is a soon to be HoFer), but more of a Cover-2 LB where blitzing won't be his responsibility but more coverage and run defense.

I think he will be moved inside at the next level, but is one of the more versatile players in the draft. Inside, outside, just a good player.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Do you have Martin higher than Kalil on your "Best Available?"

No, but I have some of the interior OL graded higher than any of the OT.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Nick Perry reminds me a little of Aldon. Heard any comparisons?

I see them very differently. Perry is shorter, with much shorter arms. I think their games are quite different.