There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Pre-Combine Big 100 Board

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Mad Dog:
Always good to see your top 100. Could you post your top 100 players that you consider the best 100? Also you convey that this is how teams will pick but it seemed that you did not think Fleener was the best TE in the draft this list would indicate that teams think that he is the top TE in the draft, is that correct? Thanks again.
I will give a Best Available Board sometime in the next month. Sneak preview..my top ten graded right now:
1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Richardson
4) Blackmon
5) Coples
6) DeCastro
7) Claiborne
8) Konz
9) Bobby Wagner
10) Cordy Glenn
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm not ready to call Thompson a first rounder yet, nor do I think Graham did enough to make himself a top 100 pick. I think he still goes late 4th round at the earliest. Currently projecting him as an early 6th rounder with riser potential if he hits the low 4.3's to be a late 4th or high 5th rounder. Jacoby Ford shredded his 40-time and still only went in the 4th round.

Found this interesting note regarding Graham just a minute ago from a NinersNation article:
"It is interesting to note that Scouts Inc has T.J. Graham as their number ten receiver and 80 overall, while NFL Draft Scout has him ranked number 29 and 219 overall. It just goes to show how differently two people can view a single player."

I tend to think that Graham and Hilton both sneak into the top 100 due to special teams skills, and being flat out burners. And, I agree with the note on Ford. I think a lot of teams look back and say, "What the heck were we thinking regarding this kid?"

As for Thompson, I believe his tape, and Senior Bowl week play will get him a ton of consideration from 4-3 teams.
Originally posted by Amir:
MD, what do you think of RG III? I mean, we know he's gonna go in the top 3 but how do you see him doing in the pros?
Very, very well. The league is evolving, and we've seen with Cam Newton that athletic quarterbacks can come in and play at a high level right away. The ability to move out of the pocket creates pockets in the secondary to exploit. Griffin seems like a bright guy who will be able to pick up the system quickly.

If I am with the Rams, I trade Bradford and draft Griffin. Bradford may the most overrated, overhyped QB in the league not named Michael Vick right now. He is a bottom-half NFL QB, and I do not see anything dynamic about his game. Griffin can resurrect the Rams right now, in 2012.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Amir:
MD, what do you think of RG III? I mean, we know he's gonna go in the top 3 but how do you see him doing in the pros?
Very, very well. The league is evolving, and we've seen with Cam Newton that athletic quarterbacks can come in and play at a high level right away. The ability to move out of the pocket creates pockets in the secondary to exploit. Griffin seems like a bright guy who will be able to pick up the system quickly.

If I am with the Rams, I trade Bradford and draft Griffin. Bradford may the most overrated, overhyped QB in the league not named Michael Vick right now. He is a bottom-half NFL QB, and I do not see anything dynamic about his game. Griffin can resurrect the Rams right now, in 2012.

I've been saying that about Bradford since he got drafted!!!! People f**king hated on me and said I was an Alexscusemaker or some bs like that, and the only reason I disliked Bradford was because he was better than Alex. BS!!!!!!! Bradford was ridiculously overrated. Alex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradfraud.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Mad Dog:
Always good to see your top 100. Could you post your top 100 players that you consider the best 100? Also you convey that this is how teams will pick but it seemed that you did not think Fleener was the best TE in the draft this list would indicate that teams think that he is the top TE in the draft, is that correct? Thanks again.
I will give a Best Available Board sometime in the next month. Sneak preview..my top ten graded right now:
1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Richardson
4) Blackmon
5) Coples
6) DeCastro
7) Claiborne
8) Konz
9) Bobby Wagner
10) Cordy Glenn

Kind of scary that our top 7 are identical. My 8, 9, and 10 differ in that I go: Wright, Konz, Glenn.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm not ready to call Thompson a first rounder yet, nor do I think Graham did enough to make himself a top 100 pick. I think he still goes late 4th round at the earliest. Currently projecting him as an early 6th rounder with riser potential if he hits the low 4.3's to be a late 4th or high 5th rounder. Jacoby Ford shredded his 40-time and still only went in the 4th round.

Found this interesting note regarding Graham just a minute ago from a NinersNation article:
"It is interesting to note that Scouts Inc has T.J. Graham as their number ten receiver and 80 overall, while NFL Draft Scout has him ranked number 29 and 219 overall. It just goes to show how differently two people can view a single player."

I tend to think that Graham and Hilton both sneak into the top 100 due to special teams skills, and being flat out burners. And, I agree with the note on Ford. I think a lot of teams look back and say, "What the heck were we thinking regarding this kid?"

As for Thompson, I believe his tape, and Senior Bowl week play will get him a ton of consideration from 4-3 teams.

I feel like Jacoby was a better prospect than Graham is right now. Graham to me doesn't seem to have the quickness that an Amendola has, or the strength to separate from press coverage. Just my opinion, but this is why I give him a middle grade, despite the obvious straight line speed, and why I have guys like Wylie rated above him on my positional board.
Maddog/OTC:
Thank you both for all of your feedback. I would like your personal ratings of how you rank the top 150 in terms of quality for you and then a list of players that you think that the Niners would be interested in. Thank you for indulging us.
Nick Perry reminds me a little of Aldon. Heard any comparisons?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hope all of you are geeked up for the combine. Should be a great show, and there is a possibility I might be attending the QB/WR throwing session and WR 40 time drills. We'll see how it plays out.

I am posting my first board for the year, which will soon be tossed like yesterday's newspaper once the combine is complete. It should, however, give an idea of where I believe players will fall after the combine is complete.

This is NOT a ranking of players. I would not have Michael Floyd ranked #20 on my best players available board.


where would you have ranked floyd?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I will give a Best Available Board sometime in the next month. Sneak preview..my top ten graded right now:
1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Richardson
4) Blackmon
5) Coples
6) DeCastro
7) Claiborne
8) Konz
9) Bobby Wagner
10) Cordy Glenn

Interesting....no Kalil?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Nick Perry reminds me a little of Aldon. Heard any comparisons?

That dude reminds me of Suggs personally.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I've been saying that about Bradford since he got drafted!!!! People f**king hated on me and said I was an Alexscusemaker or some bs like that, and the only reason I disliked Bradford was because he was better than Alex. BS!!!!!!! Bradford was ridiculously overrated. Alex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradfraud.

Don't tell the Rams, ok!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kind of scary that our top 7 are identical. My 8, 9, and 10 differ in that I go: Wright, Konz, Glenn.

I really liked the way Glenn looked during Senior Bowl week. I think he can play inside or outside. Steelers would love to get him
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Interesting....no Kalil?

I grade him lower than most. Good player, but silly early at number 3, in my opinion. I grade him more as a mid 1st rounder
Maddog how come I don't hear folks talking about Kirkpatrick as a safety like they were saying about Peterson last year? I like Kirkpatrick but when I see him I just see a guy that appears to big and too stiff to run turn and run with wr's in the NFL.