There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pre-Combine Mock (Feb 13)

- Franchise FS- Dashon Goldson for 1-year $6.2M
- Tender RFA ILB- Larry Grant for 1-year $1.927M (2nd-Round tender)
- Tender RFA SS- C.J. Spillman for 1-year $1.927M (2nd-Round tender)
- Tender RFA CB- Tramaine Brock for 1 year (500K)

Players Re-signed:

QB- Alex Smith- 4 year deal worth $30.5M (Average of $7.625M), Includes $10M guaranteed
OLB- Ahmad Brooks- 5 year deal worth $32.5M (Average of $6.5M), Includes $15M guaranteed
CB- Carlos Rogers- 3 year deal worth $19.5M (Average of $6.5M), Includes $10M guaranteed
WR- Josh Morgan - 3 year deal worth $9.0M (Average of $3.0M), Includes $3M guaranteed
LB- Blake Costanzo- 2-year deal worth $3.5M (Average of $1.75M), Includes $1M Signing Bonus

Players Lost:

OG- Adam Snyder - Snyder played well but like Baas last year, he is going to want big money coming off his best season. He can be up-graded on.
WR- Ted Ginn - He is going to want receiver money but problem is, he cant catch. We cant give 3 mil a year to a returner.

Free Agent signings:

WR- Marques Colston, New Orleans: 7 year deal worth 52.5M (Average of 7.5M), Includes 15M guaranteed.

We desperatly need a true #1. I had originally had us signing Grubbs but I changed my mind. Colston would upgrade our entire offense and give us three nice group in Colston - Crabtree - Morgan.

Draft:

**Trade the 30th overall and our 2nd round pick (#62) as well as our 6th round pick to Cincinatti for the 17th overall pick

(1) 17- David DeCastro RG- Stanford 6'5, 310

Games are won and lost in the trenches. DeCastro could give us one of the top lines in the league. He is familiar with Harbaugh's offense and will be an anchor next to Anthony Davis.

(3) 93- Akiem Hicks, DE- Regina 6'5, 325

I think Hicks is going to be one of the biggest risers after the combine. He had a great East-West shrine Bowl and was dominant. No-one knows who this kid is but he has great size/strength ratio and can move. He is the perfect 3-4 DE and the ceiling is un-limited for this kid. Everyone thought we reached for Culliver last year. Well, Baalke does it again.

(4) 125- Jordan White, WR/PR- Western Michigan 5'10, 205

Led the nation in receiving with 140 catches, 1900+ yards and 17 TD's. He dominated play and was un-coverable. He has the makings of a very good slot receiver. Plus, he returns punts.

(5) 157- Vic Ballard, RB - Miss. State 5'11, 220

He is a tougher inside runner than Dixon but offers more speed and better recieving ability.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM ]
Like the moves, but a few issues:

1) Absolutely no chance we get a 2nd for Larry Grant. We could MAYBE negotiate a 4th round pick.

2) That is WAY too much to give up for Kendall Wright at 17. There isn't a huge dropoff between Wright and what will fall to our pick (if Wright doesn't fall). For a first, 2nd and 6th round pick we should be receiving a proven franchise number 1 receiver, not a guy who could very well fall to our pick and up until recently was considered a fringe 1st round player.

3) There is absolutely no chance that Brandon Thompson is available in the 3rd rd. It'd be an absolute miracle if he lasts until our 2nd.

4) Brandon Boykin will not last until our 2nd round pick, after the Senior Bowl he is a lock for the top 50
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Feb 13, 2012 at 6:20 PM ]
Love it. Love It. Love it
Not a fan of spending 50 mil dollars on a right guard. Eventually Iuapati's contract will come up and if you break the bank on one guard you're going to lose the other. See New Orleans and Evans and Nicks. You just can't have 100 million dollars tied up in your guards.

If we're going to spend 50 mil on a offensive player it should be a receiver and if we're going to trade up to 17 there's a chance that DeCastro will be there.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Like the moves, but a few issues:

1) Absolutely no chance we get a 2nd for Larry Grant. We could MAYBE negotiate a 4th round pick.

2) That is WAY too much to give up for Kendall Wright at 17. There isn't a huge dropoff between Wright and what will fall to our pick (if Wright doesn't fall). For a first, 2nd and 6th round pick we should be receiving a proven franchise number 1 receiver, not a guy who could very well fall to our pick and up until recently was considered a fringe 1st round player.

3) There is absolutely no chance that Brandon Thompson is available in the 3rd rd. It'd be an absolute miracle if he lasts until our 2nd.

4) Brandon Boykin will not last until our 2nd round pick, after the Senior Bowl he is a lock for the top 50

Honestly Boykin could easily make it there. He's a pretty tiny corner at only 5-9 183 and with the immense talent influx this year, there is no guarantee he goes earlier.

The guy I'd have more doubt about is Thompson. He's currently garnering 1st-2nd round consideration.
i love everything with the exception that instead of getting kendall wright we stay where we are and pick up sanu in the 1st and fleener with the first 2nd
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Not a fan of spending 50 mil dollars on a right guard. Eventually Iuapati's contract will come up and if you break the bank on one guard you're going to lose the other. See New Orleans and Evans and Nicks. You just can't have 100 million dollars tied up in your guards.

If we're going to spend 50 mil on a offensive player it should be a receiver and if we're going to trade up to 17 there's a chance that DeCastro will be there.

I really like this plan. DeCastro at RG+1 of Colston/VinceJacks etc. That could really help make our O more explosive. Can you guys imagine Gore+Hunter running behind an OL with Iupati and DeCastro at the G spots? That'd be insane.
Not very realistic but I like the draft.
1. not sure if morgan is worth 4.6 a year. he's one of my favorite niners, but i say 2-3 million coming off an injury.
2. way to much money on a guard, snyder will be cheaper than that.
3. i think we can get a good WR at 30 or even in the 2nd
a 7 year deal for Ben Grubbs? and even more far fetched is the Eagles giving up a 2nd rounder for Grant. And what has Morgan done to earn 4.6 million a year? Boykins could be there but Thompson won't make it out of the 2nd round.
Like the players in the mock but not for trading up. That's just me.

Grubbs - excellent player WAY too much $.

Won't get a 2nd for Grant - too bad he couldn't play OLB.

Totally agree on Rogers.
I'm not a big fan of mocks that try to predict trades. And on top of that the draft is just "meh" to me. I like the Wright pick, but than you pick another small WR in Jordan White so we still have only small WRs and no red-zone threat. Boykins isn't the type of big CB we normally go after. Brandon Thompson, I think is a good player, but is more suited for a 4-3 DT than our 3-4 D and he'll be gone probably by the 2nd. Ballard, I don't mind, I do like him as a runner. If we're picking a RB that late, Brandon Bolden from Ole Miss a RB that could replace Dixon. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Lennon Creer of LA Tech or Bryce Brown who was the #1 player in HS.
Originally posted by niners9:
1. not sure if morgan is worth 4.6 a year. he's one of my favorite niners, but i say 2-3 million coming off an injury.
2. way to much money on a guard, snyder will be cheaper than that.
3. i think we can get a good WR at 30 or even in the 2nd

Agree
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I never thought of this.

I had to change my entire offseason because of your logical thinking!!
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM ]
I like it, but your paying brooks way to much,, he didn't have enough sacks to get that kind of money, and if he wants that much to stay we need to let him go and keep Haralson.