LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

2013 Draft:

if CK doesnt pan out i like matt barkley next year.
Originally posted by teylo31:
if CK doesnt pan out i like matt barkley next year.

Barkley is a top 10 pick, and we wont(hopefully) be picking top 10.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We got Tiny Kendell.
yes but we really need a physical back like gore whose name is not dixon in my opinion

yes. this is wat i was goiong to say
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
very possible, but it would be a increase being another year being franchised. I imagine Goldson honestly wants to be here, so he will get extended. If not there are a ton of FS guys in 2013, like OTC noted. Lester could of been a 1st rd pick, while McDonald would of been a 1st(possibly top 20).

Yep, it's nice to know we will have options unlike this year where I really don't see any FA or draft pick who could take over for Goldson from the get go. You know more than I do but isn't the FS really thin?

Could be fun getting a RB next year. I don't think Hunter is an every down back. I'd say Gore makes it another 1, maybe 2 years with us. I like Dixon but he really shouldn't have put on weight this year. He should have went the other way and got quicker. He's not a bruiser, he dances. Then again maybe we just use Hunter more and him and Gore are the 1/2 combo for two more years. It's just that Hunter would go from 30% of the carries to eventually 50 and then possibly even more.

Like I mentioned two if they don't think Beeler is the future at center one of these years, probably next would be a good time to draft our future. Goodwin has two years left but not sure he could finish out both strong.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
very possible, but it would be a increase being another year being franchised. I imagine Goldson honestly wants to be here, so he will get extended. If not there are a ton of FS guys in 2013, like OTC noted. Lester could of been a 1st rd pick, while McDonald would of been a 1st(possibly top 20).

Yep, it's nice to know we will have options unlike this year where I really don't see any FA or draft pick who could take over for Goldson from the get go. You know more than I do but isn't the FS really thin?

Could be fun getting a RB next year. I don't think Hunter is an every down back. I'd say Gore makes it another 1, maybe 2 years with us. I like Dixon but he really shouldn't have put on weight this year. He should have went the other way and got quicker. He's not a bruiser, he dances. Then again maybe we just use Hunter more and him and Gore are the 1/2 combo for two more years. It's just that Hunter would go from 30% of the carries to eventually 50 and then possibly even more.

Like I mentioned two if they don't think Beeler is the future at center one of these years, probably next would be a good time to draft our future. Goodwin has two years left but not sure he could finish out both strong.

If Whitner ever declines, extending Goldson could be great in the sense that we could move him to SS and draft a FS of the future. After next year, Whitner would be entering his contract year.
Add this year's draft where the Niners have access to a very deep draft not only at WR, but OG and CB to next year's draft with RB and FS options, and the Niners could be building a juggernaut.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/What-are-the-deepest-positions-in-the-NFL-draft.html
What about that WR from Rutgers.....Mohammed something.....
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Add this year's draft where the Niners have access to a very deep draft not only at WR, but OG and CB to next year's draft with RB and FS options, and the Niners could be building a juggernaut.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/What-are-the-deepest-positions-in-the-NFL-draft.html

Bingo! The football gods are smiling on us! Remember when we got our asses handed to us by a healthy Chiefs teams in 2010? My jaw dropped at their team speed. I'm thinking Harbaugh will focus on team speed on offense this year and next year. We are only a few good pieces away from a championship team. Once we start converting those third downs...watch out!
Share 49ersWebzone