2012 Offseason and Draft
**I am not going to gush over all these draft picks because there is a ton of literature on this site and many others, so I am assuming either you know who they are or can easily find out.
Draft: - I think there will be many chances to trade back to get more picks, but if Tannenhill is gone, I doubt there will be many teams interested at 30 to give up enough picks. Sanu is a good consolation prize IMO.
1. WR – Mohamed Sanu RUT
2. S – Harrison Smith ND *Would develop behind Goldson this year and will take over when he walks next year.
3. OLB – Shae McClellin BosieST *Has gotten a lot of hype lately, but I hope he lasts this long
4. C – William Vlachos ALB *Would take the reins from Goodwin sooner than later
5. TE – David Paulson ORE
6. S – Blake Gideon TX
7. CB – Isaiah Frey NEV
Free Agency: - Well priced high character guys. I know I have a lot of UDFAs making the squad, but if these guys don't get drafted I can see them fitting the 49er mold. There aren't really any holes on the team that require mega million dollar deals. Most of these guys are needed for solid depth or developing.
1. WR/RS – Eddie Royal DEN - A very solid Returner but also is a good reciever. After a down year with Tebo, he should come cheapish.
2. OLB – Chris Chamberlian STL - Stud against the run and a good rotational starter if needed.
3. RB - Drake Dunsmore NW (UDFA) - A TE conversion to be a RB. He has the Tobey Gerhart build and ability. Dixon is all Boobie no honey badger, and his tweets make me feel like I had a stroke. Darn that tweet window on the main page.
4. DE – Markus Kuhn USCar (UDFA) - Good developmental DE. I'm not a fan of RJF and he would beat Dobbs and Tukufu IMO.
5. WR/RS - Devon Wylie FRES (UDFA) - I think he may fall like Nole Devine he is a bit small for today's prototype WR. I thinks he will be an awesome pick up though if the 9ers land him.
6. ILB – J.K. Schaffer CIN (UDFA) - After seeing he wasn't even invited to the combine and Wolfe was, I think he won't get noticed enough to get drafted. He was a tackling machine for the Bear-cats.
Resign: I am not salary savvy like many mock offseasoners seem to think they are, so I'll just stick to who I would like to stick around and leave the money up to the 49ers.
Goldson - Franchise if he is going to act like last year. There are many FA safties this year, so the market may not be very lucrative again.
Rodgers - I hope they can work out a dal. I would hate to see him go 1 and done here. If he walks I hope they go after Carr from KC.
Grant (restricted) - 2nd round tender
Spillman (restricted) - low tender
**If their name isn't on here they either walked or were cut**
**I kept an extra receiving TE instead of another receiver and I think Goodwin could get beat out by Vlachos, but probably won't. Kilgore will give Snyder a run for his money.
**I kept the team a little heavy in the safety position because they seem to be the best Special Teamers. Culliver may beat Brown in camp for the starting spot.
QB: A.Smith – Kapernick/Tolzien
RB: Gore - Hunter/Dunsmore
WR: Crabtree/Morgan – Sanu/Royal/Wylie
TE: V.Davis – Walker/Bynham/Paulson
OT: Staley/A.Davis – Boone/Persons
OG: Iupati/Snyder - Kilgore
DE: J.Smith/McDonald – Dobbs/Kuhn
NT: Sopaoga - Williams
OLB: Al.Smith/Haralson – Chamberlian/McClellin
ILB: Willis/Bowman – Grant/Schaffer/Costanzo
CB: Rodgers /Brown – Culliver/Brock/Frey
SS: Whitmer – Gideon/Spillman
FS: Goldson – H.Smith/Jones
Special T: (3)
[ Edited by clemyre on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM ]