LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

stever mock #1, 2 rounds

It's time for the first full mock this year. Here we go, 2 rounds, the niner picks are highlighted :

1 IndianapolisA.Luck QB
2 Cleveland R.Griffin III QB
3 Minnesota M.Kalil OT
4 St.Louis J.Blackmon WR
5 Tampa Bay T.Richardson RB
6 Washington M.Clayborne CB
7 Jacksonville Q.Copples DE
8 Miami J.Martin OT
9 Carolina M.Brockers DT
10 Buffalo C.Upshaw DE
11 Kansas City R.Reiff OT
12 Seattle R.Tannehill QB
13 Arizona D.DeCastro OG
14 Dallas D.Kirkpatrick CB
15 Philadelphia L.Kuechly MLB
16 NY Jets M.Barron S
17 Cincinatti Oakland K.Wright WR
18 San Diego D.Still DT/DE
19 Chicago M.Floyd WR
20 Tennessee M.Ingram DE
21 Cincinatti C.Glenn OG
22 Cleveland Atlanta M.Adams OT
23 Detroit N.Perry DE
24 Pittsburgh D.Poe NT
25 Denver A.Jeffery WR
26 Houston Z.Sanders OT
27 New England P.Konz C
28 Green Bay W.Mercilus OLB
29 Baltimore D.Hightower MLB
30 San Francisco J.Jenkins CB
31 NY Giants V.Burflict MLB
32 New England F.Cox DE

33 St.Louis J.Worthy DT
34 Indianapolis A.Dennard CB
35 Minnesota M.Sanu WR
36 Tampa Bay S.Gilmore CB
37 Cleveland A.Branch DE
38 Jacksonville C.Minnifield CB
39 Washington B.Weeden QB
40 Carolina R.Randle WR
41 Buffalo Z.Brown OLB
42 Miami L.Miller RB
43 Seattle V.Curry DE
44 Kansas City B.Thompson DT
45 Dallas K.Osemele OG
46 Philadelphia L.David OLB
47 NY Jets D.Wilson RB
48 Philadelphia M.Martin S
49 San Diego K.Zeitler OG
50 Chicago D.Allen TE
51 Philadelphia B.Washington OG
52 Tennessee J.Hosley CB
53 Cincinatti B.Boykin CB
54 Detroit H.Smith S
55 Atlanta C.Fleener TE
56 Pittsburgh C.Polk RB
57 Denver T.Johnson CB
58 Houston N.Toon WR
59 New Orleans B.Wagner OLB
60 Green Bay J.Chapman DE
61 Baltimore M.Brewster C
62 San Francisco J.Criner WR
63 NY Giants J.Crick DT
64 New England D.Jones WR
Could be
I've been on the Dwight Jones bandwaggon for a while, so I would probably prefer him. One thing is for sure though, Harbs and his staff should have a good idea of what Criner would add due to their time on the farm.
I would love that if it worked out that way. Especially if Rogers leaves. I think Criner has the tools to be a #1 WR.
The first pick could happen, not really diggin a cb right there though. And not a fan of Criner, and no way in round two, this guy would barely get on the field.I would take both guys you have listed under him, over him.
Originally posted by D-Money:
The first pick could happen, not really diggin a cb right there though. And not a fan of Criner, and no way in round two, this guy would barely get on the field.I would take both guys you have listed under him, over him.

This whole thing depends heavily on what happens in free agency. If the niners get a #1 WR in FA, it is very likely, they will pick a DE in the first 2 rounds. In that scenario, Crick is absolutely making sense. But i think, they will not spend much money on a WR and so there has to be a WR in the 1st 2 rounds. And you have to pick Jenkins, if none of the big 4 WRs is falling and Jenkins is still there. If (and thats a big if) they will sign Carlos, he still isn't a very young guy and needs a successor. If Jenkins is gone, this pick is Sanu and Crick is the 2nd round pick.

Criner vs. Jones : I think they are quite even. Same player type, i took Criner here, because he ranks a little higher on my big board.
[ Edited by stever on Feb 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stever:
This whole thing depends heavily on what happens in free agency. If the niners get a #1 WR in FA, it is very likely, they will pick a DE in the first 2 rounds. In that scenario, Crick is absolutely making sense. But i think, they will not spend much money on a WR and so there has to be a WR in the 1st 2 rounds. And you have to pick Jenkins, if none of the big 4 WRs is falling and Jenkins is still there. If (and thats a big if) they will sign Carlos, he still isn't a very young guy and needs a successor. If Jenkins is gone, this pick is Sanu and Crick is the 2nd round pick.

Criner vs. Jones : I think they are quite even. Same player type, i took Criner here, because he ranks a little higher on my big board.
do your picks return kicks to?
Originally posted by cciowa:
do your picks return kicks to?

Yup
Don't know much about Criner?
Question for you? How come people keep picking Clevland to trade out of the 4 spot to the 2. Wouldn't they just sit tight at 4 for RG3 since the Vikings took Ponder last year? Are they beating Washington to the punch? Don't understand...

Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Question for you? How come people keep picking Clevland to trade out of the 4 spot to the 2. Wouldn't they just sit tight at 4 for RG3 since the Vikings took Ponder last year? Are they beating Washington to the punch? Don't understand...

Pretty much. Everybody knows the skins and Browns need quarterbacks so ppl are theorizing that either the Browns or skins will draft 2ndm Though I only seem to see ppl put Cleveland at the 2nd spot as if the skins can't trade up just as easily.
Why do you have cleveland picking at #2... thats the St Louis Ram's pick...
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Why do you have cleveland picking at #2... thats the St Louis Ram's pick...

Trading up in the 1st round isn't as expensive as it was before the new cba. So there will be some teams that really need a qb trying to move up before the browns, who are sitting at 4. The only way to assure that you get Griffin is to trade up to #2. And so i think the Skins and Browns will try (maybe even the Jaguars, Dolphins and Seahawks will), but the Browns have the best position and will end up at #2
First of all stever, good job. I agree if Jenkins is there, you have to take him. His abilities on the open market cost 10m per. Even if we were to keep Rogers. Those guys at the end of round 2, Criner and Jones both have issues IMO. I think Jones could be a good player, but I'm not sold on Criner, especially in the 2nd. Its a crapshoot. What I notice on the zone is we all over value the guys at positions we need. I think alot of guys we like in the 2nd will still be around in round 3....Overall good job.
I'd be pretty happy with that. In that scenario Sanu and Crick would be nice too.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone