LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 209 users in the forums

RISERS/FALLERS of Senior Bowl & East-West Shrine Game

Just wanted to say....great work, Clock. This reflects a lot of time and research. Much appreciated.

Cheers!
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Just wanted to say....great work, Clock. This reflects a lot of time and research. Much appreciated.

Cheers!

Agree and want all your resources!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Casey Hayward didn't really have a good or bad showing. His aggressiveness during the Senior Bowl was a pro and con. I still see him being a 2nd round prospect.

I'm disappointed that Dwight Jones didn't separate himself from the rest of the group. I kinda knew Jeff Fuller was gonna fall though.

Not only did Dwight Jones not separate himself, he took a few steps backwards. His inability to separate from coverage was crushing. He'll still get some interest due to his size but I see him as a 4th rounder at best now.

He was suppose to be better than his former teammate, Greg Little, who wasn't even a true WR at the point of the draft last year, yet he was selected pretty high. Jones was the better of the two, yet he didn't show up in the a game where the competition just got that much tighter. It's unfortunate...
Really like the OP... I'd still have Fuller as a good 3rd rd option for us though... pretty well agree with the rest though.
i am high on the jarius wright bandwagon

great hands, amazing route runner, has speed, is amazing at finding the soft spots in the zone and on top of that is a deep threat

he may not evelop to a #1 WR because of his size but is going to be an amazing slot WR especially for the WCO
CB Dwight Bentley, Louisiana-Lafayette - 3rd-4th i really like this dude
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

great hands, amazing route runner, has speed, is amazing at finding the soft spots in the zone and on top of that is a deep threat

he may not evelop to a #1 WR because of his size but is going to be an amazing slot WR especially for the WCO
I think he's got a lot of potential in the NFL. The arrow has been pointing upward for some time now. He was the best WR for the Razorbacks, more productive than either Joe Adams or Greg Childs. Here was the season stats:
Name Receptions Yards Yards/Catch Long TD's
Jarius Wright 66 1117 16.9 68 (TD) 12
Joe Adams 54 652 12.1 67 3
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I think he's got a lot of potential in the NFL. The arrow has been pointing upward for some time now. He was the best WR for the Razorbacks, more productive than either Joe Adams or Greg Childs. Here was the season stats:
Name Receptions Yards Yards/Catch Long TD's
Jarius Wright 66 1117 16.9 68 (TD) 12
Joe Adams 54 652 12.1 67 3

If Greg Childs' medical checks out, I'd take him in 6th as a low-risk high-reward pick. Would take Adams in the 3rd if available, and Wright in the 4th. (Although my opinions may change after the combine).

I like Wright, he's certainly explosive, I'd take Wright over Fuller any day of the week. This team needs more quickness on offense, more athleticism, Wright has both traits.

I like Wright, he's certainly explosive, I'd take Wright over Fuller any day of the week. This team needs more quickness on offense, more athleticism, Wright has both traits.

Although I project Wright to go in the 4th (could certainly change after the combine), I couldn't in confidence say he'll make it to our pick. I think at worst he goes in the top half of the 4th.

I think the options for wide receiver best lies in free agency and mid round picks. As for receivers, we will be getting Morgan and Bogan back and if we get another tightend, it should be enough. Even if we do not draft a corner and or safety, we should be able to do ok as Nelms and Holcombe will be back and there is no law saying we have to cut Spencer. The acquisition of another top DL would ensure we continue to have a top defense. Even if our young guys like Tukuafu, Dobbs and Williams show something, the difference in rotating in fresh DL is a major plus. Even linebackers should be fairly stable.

Two guys seem to stick out as being needed by the niners is a guy like Kendall Reyes and a very good runningback. IMO the acquisition of these two needs will aid the niners the most over the next few years. As for having too many young DL, well trades for draft picks is always an option and these guys were good enough to make the team with the best defense in the nfl.

he will be a slot guy he is quick and shifty and runs grat rotues while having good hands

that makes him an immeadiete 3rd down threat only problem is he wwill be almost useless in RZ area because of his size but he can also strech the field freeing some romm in middle for vernon crabs morgan and hopefully sanu or jeffery
You left off Ariz St's WR Gerrell Robinson...he was one of the North's standouts and a guy I hope the Niners consider drafting. 6-3, 220+ lbs, and showed real playmaking skills.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
You left off Ariz St's WR Gerrell Robinson...he was one of the North's standouts and a guy I hope the Niners consider drafting. 6-3, 220+ lbs, and showed real playmaking skills.

See post #8 on page one. He made one play in the game, but overall during the week was as expected, nothing overly impressive enough to move him above his 5th round grade just yet.
Share 49ersWebzone