LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Devon Wylie WR/KR/PR/GUNNER Fresno St.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I wish we'd draft 4 WR in this draft. Let them all battle it out.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I wish we'd draft 4 WR in this draft. Let them all battle it out.

Hey, Patriots do that kind of thing all the time. Why not?
Want!!!!
Being im from Fresno, I Follow the dogs,

Im not a huge fan of this guys. Fresno state Kinda has a history with these kind of return men. His injurys and size worry me. Probally another Clifton Smith. Might see some flashes, but will probally never put it all together to have a substantial career.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Ran a 4.39 today
I think he has a lot of value as a late-round pick. Won't ever be a starter, but can contribute in a variety of ways. He has the quickness and natural pass catching ability to be productive from the slot, is a good returner, and even contributes as a gunner on special teams. I think he is exactly the type of guy that Harbaugh/Baalke will have their eye on during day 3 of the draft.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM ]
He's the kind of guy you root for but we need a slam dunk. Sorry kid a Wes Welker type works if the QB is accurate and we don't
have one like that.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
He's the kind of guy you root for but we need a slam dunk. Sorry kid a Wes Welker type works if the QB is accurate and we don't
have one like that.

Disagree and we will leave it at that. This kid would work well in this offense. We need speed at WR and returner.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
have one like that.

Disagree and we will leave it at that. This kid would work well in this offense. We need speed at WR and returner.

he is both quick and fast and makes some great moves as a runner...may main concern would be whether his body (small frame) can take the punishment and he could stay healthy....
[ Edited by hofer36 on Feb 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
he is both quick and fast and makes some great moves as a runner...may main concern would be whether his body (small frame) can take the punishment and he could stay healthy....

No doubt.

But he's the "type" we need to replace Ginn for sure. In Baalke I trust!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
He's probably about Colin Jones size right? And that little dude plays like he's 250 lbs.
this guy certainly did himself proud yesterday.
I'm sold. Would be a great fit as a WR and ST contributor. Bring it, Baalke!
  • mod
  • Veteran
meh... I've watched him play at Fresno, He's explosive alright, but I dont know if he's got NFL talent. I never considered it when I watched him.

I'd pick him up in the 6th or 7th... Oakland will probably take him in the 4th or 5th though.
I like this kid, he would be a solid pick in the 7th or UDFA... he will slide in the draft due to his size and coming from a non BCS school.
Share 49ersWebzone