There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we trade up for Floyd?

No need to...I'd wait 'til the #30 pick and take WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina. He's big, 6-4, 230 and can get downfield & make plays. He'd also be an excellent RZ target, as would my #2 pick, TE Coby Fleener. At 6-6, you can just imagine the mis-matches he'd have in the RZ. These two guys would give Alex a lot more options.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm sure the Falcons thought the exact same thing. "No seriously, we have all the pieces, let's make this trade, we'll get a title out of it."




Trading picks away is almost always dumb. I don't see anything spectacular about Floyd that makes him worth a butt-load of draft picks to trade up for. 49ers will still have holes to fill and need every pick they can get, especially the higher picks. Keep in mind that this team was essentially injury free this season. What happens next season if Justin Smith goes down for extended time, or Carlos Rogers, Goldson? Iupati? The 49ers don't have the luxury to just throw draft picks in the garbage.
Sorry but our defense is one or two pieces away of being unbreakable and our offense woked well for the most time though we had no real WRs...In contrary to that, the Falcons had holes all over the defense.
Bad comparison.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I smell....bust. Sorry.
Are you talking about Floyd???
We'll trade back this draft, not up I predict. Stockpile young guys and keep turn this into a Dynasty instead of a one year hooray. Drafting a WR early doesn't ensure to get a quality player, as past drafts have proven.

Victor Cruz was undrafted
Wes Welker was undrafted

There are numerous other examples, but those are the first two I thought of.
Originally posted by Youngb:
We'll trade back this draft, not up I predict. Stockpile young guys and keep turn this into a Dynasty instead of a one year hooray. Drafting a WR early doesn't ensure to get a quality player, as past drafts have proven.

Victor Cruz was undrafted
Wes Welker was undrafted

There are numerous other examples, but those are the first two I thought of.

CJ first round pick
aj green first round pick
jerry rice first round pick
randy moss first round pick
larry fitzz first round pick
andre johnson first round pick
dwayne bowe first round pick


i understadn WR can be dounf anywhere but WR is the single most important position as of now we shouldnt wait later in draft to pick one because WR have been found later in draft

that can be true about any position
Originally posted by Youngb:
We'll trade back this draft, not up I predict. Stockpile young guys and keep turn this into a Dynasty instead of a one year hooray. Drafting a WR early doesn't ensure to get a quality player, as past drafts have proven.

Victor Cruz was undrafted
Wes Welker was undrafted

There are numerous other examples, but those are the first two I thought of.
Good god. Same "opinion" like every year...Stop talking about exceptions. You will always find some examples for your argument but it doesnt mean that it is the rule.
There is some reason that certain players are graded as 3rd-day picks and others not...

1st, 2nd and the 3rd round is something, we could talk about.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I smell....bust. Sorry.
Are you talking about Floyd???

Only way Floyd busts if he goes full retard and gets f**ked up more than he works. Guys has pure talent just a 5 cent brain. He would be a beast imo for any WCO team that can get him to mature into a true pro football player. Personally id rather have Jeffery or any pass rusher but Floyd would be awesome at 30.
Originally posted by communist:
Sorry but our defense is one or two pieces away of being unbreakable and our offense woked well for the most time though we had no real WRs...In contrary to that, the Falcons had holes all over the defense.
Bad comparison.

49ers defense is one or two pieces from being curb-stomped by every good quarterback. They were INCREDIBLY lucky this year as far as injuries go, more depth is needed pretty much everywhere, especially at OLB and the DL, wasting picks to trade-up for a guy who is hardly a sure thing is a tremendous waste in my opinion.
Originally posted by Youngb:
We'll trade back this draft, not up I predict. Stockpile young guys and keep turn this into a Dynasty instead of a one year hooray. Drafting a WR early doesn't ensure to get a quality player, as past drafts have proven.

Victor Cruz was undrafted
Wes Welker was undrafted

There are numerous other examples, but those are the first two I thought of.
I agree.


Colston was a 7th rounder.

Brandon Marshall a 3rd rounder.

Steve Smith a 3rd rounder.

Mike Wallace a 3rd rounder.

Vincent Jackson was a 2nd rounder.



But yes, by all means, trade up and waste picks that they can't afford to waste.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
CJ first round pick
aj green first round pick
jerry rice first round pick
randy moss first round pick
larry fitzz first round pick
andre johnson first round pick
dwayne bowe first round pick


i understadn WR can be dounf anywhere but WR is the single most important position as of now we shouldnt wait later in draft to pick one because WR have been found later in draft

that can be true about any position

David Terrell-first round pick
Mike Williams-first round pick
Rashaun Woods-first round pick
Charles Rogers-first round pick
Freddie Mitchell-first round pick
Sylvester Morris-first round pick
Javon Walker-first round pick
Lee Evans-first round pick
Travis Taylor-first round pick
Michael Clayton-first round pick
Bryant Johnson-first round pick
R Jay Soward-first round pick
Roy Williams-first round pick
Peter Warrick-first round pick




Good luck.
should have gone after brandon lloyd when he was on the market. upset they cut braylon and then didnt improve at the position. wr first round is a must unless they get one in fa. i think we have somebody else on the team that can return punts/kicks and then they could trade ginn for another player they need like a rg or cb.
Originally posted by teylo31:
should have gone after brandon lloyd when he was on the market. upset they cut braylon and then didnt improve at the position. wr first round is a must unless they get one in fa. i think we have somebody else on the team that can return punts/kicks and then they could trade ginn for another player they need like a rg or cb.

Yeah we have someone else on the team that can return. He played against NYG, remember. By the way you cant trade a player you dont have under contract. Ginn needs re-signing. And keeping.
Originally posted by communist:
Sorry but our defense is one or two pieces away of being unbreakable and our offense woked well for the most time though we had no real WRs...In contrary to that, the Falcons had holes all over the defense.
Bad comparison.

There is no such thing as an unbreakable D. Never has been and probably never will be. Whilst we are good for starters we need to improve the depth. Actually the depth all round the team could be improved.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers defense is one or two pieces from being curb-stomped by every good quarterback. They were INCREDIBLY lucky this year as far as injuries go, more depth is needed pretty much everywhere, especially at OLB and the DL, wasting picks to trade-up for a guy who is hardly a sure thing is a tremendous waste in my opinion.
You mention a LUXURY problem...I dont know any team which can handle 2 or more injured defensive starters. Given todays roster, for depth we need another pass-rushing olb and a safety. Ok, perhaps another DE. that's all imo.
If we dont get a WR-stud, we can do s**t with our starting defense anyway...
What would it take to get him because I think he is the real deal.