LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Kendall Reyes-DE/DT-UConn

This guy to me looks like the prototypical 3-4 end. He has a non-stop motor, immense power, able to bull-rush offensive linemen off their feet, much like Justin Smith, is very tough, tenacious and aggressive. He really improved his stock at the Senior Bowl and just looks like a monster, great at stopping the run, holding the point of attack, rushing the quarterback, all-around great looking defensive linemen. This is another possibility that the 49ers could go after, add depth to the DL rotation, allowing the ends to stay fresher throughout the game, rotating through Smith, McDonald and Reyes, sounds like a terrific combination.

Check out the video of this guy's athletic ability at 300 pounds.(0:48 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adxYfhpJPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfjZq2uWI-k

Getting this guy would further enhance an area of strength and give the 49ers a potential replacement for Justin down the road.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM ]
Love Reyes. Was telling folks way back around this time: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/160872-otcs-winter-wonderland-mock-2011/ to look out for Reyes. Predicted he'd be garnering 2nd round attention, and based on what he's done so far this off-season, he may not be around for our 2nd rounder, but I would have no qualms with us selecting him in the 2nd.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Love Reyes. Was telling folks way back around this time: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/160872-otcs-winter-wonderland-mock-2011/ to look out for Reyes. Predicted he'd be garnering 2nd round attention, and based on what he's done so far this off-season, he may not be around for our 2nd rounder, but I would have no qualms with us selecting him in the 2nd.

Me neither. He looks like the real deal, a non-stop machine on the field, bull-rushing offensive linemen, continually pushing at the point of attack, he was destroying NFL caliber offensive linemen at the Senior Bowl. Yeah, he wouldn't be a full time starter but what a weapon to have with an eye on the future. Give Ray McDonald a breather, send Reyes in to wreak havoc and keep swapping guys out, giving everyone a chance to be fresh.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM ]
Yeah Reyes looks like a stud. Very athletic for a man his size. He was giving guys fits all week at the Senior Bowl.

Derek Wolfe is another 3-4 DE candidate who performed well at the Senior Bowl. He could probably be had in the 5th or 6th. He is versatile enough to play DE or DT in a 4-3 as well.
I agree Reyes would be a great pick up in rd2 asumming we sign both Rogers and Goldson. If not, my priorities for first 2 rounds are wr,secondary.
Imagine being a QB or RB on the 49ers schedule next year after they draft Reyes.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
fangio likes to rush the passer with 4 guys, so reyes or any other defensive end niners take would have to be a good pass rusher, i would think
Can't reiterate enough how much I like Reyes. My three favorite players to be drafted this year are Fleener, Reyes and Streeter. Really big on all 3 of those guys and think they represent tremendous value but Reyes I could see being the guy that eventually replaces Justin Smith, am totally in love with the guy's motor, he's absolutely persistent, doesn't quit, has the power to drive offensive linemen back, is a solid pass-rusher as well, just a great all-around 3-4 DE prospect who would hopefully be available for the 49ers 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yeah Reyes looks like a stud. Very athletic for a man his size. He was giving guys fits all week at the Senior Bowl.

Derek Wolfe is another 3-4 DE candidate who performed well at the Senior Bowl. He could probably be had in the 5th or 6th. He is versatile enough to play DE or DT in a 4-3 as well.

Wolfe would be a decent consolation prize if the 49ers didn't end up getting Reyes
Share 49ersWebzone