QB- Alex Smith 3 yrs
FS- Dashon Goldson 1 yr Franchise tag
OLB- Ahmad Brooks 5 yrs
OG- Adam Snyder 4 yrs
MLB- Blake Costanzo 2 yrs
MLB- Tavares Gooden 2 yrs
SS- CJ Spillman (RFA)
WR- Josh Morgan 2 yrs

Players to possibly extend: (2012 UFA's)

NT- Issac Sopoago
DE- Ricky Jean Francois
P- Andy Lee

Losses:

WR- Ted Ginn
CB- Carlos Rogers
CB- Shawntae Spencer- Cut
FS- Reggie Smith
TE- Justin Peele
RB- Anthony Dixon (He is not the short yardage thumper we need)
MLB- Larry Grant (RFA) 3rd round tender. Signed by Philly to an offer sheet.
OG- Chilo Rachal
FS- Madieu Williams

Free Agent Signings:

WR- Dwayne Bowe (Chiefs) 5 yrs, 42 mil, 15 guaranteed

It's Bowe or Rogers. I love Rogers but if he wants 8-10 mil a year then he can walk. I think Culliver can start and be just as effective as Rogers especially with the way our front 7 pressures. Bowe is the #1 we desperatly need and will give us a great 1-2 punch with Bowe and Crabtree.

Draft:

1- Joe Adams, WR/KR- Arkansas 5'11, 190

No player improved his stock more than Adams this weekend. He absolutly destroyed defenders at the Senior Bowl. I think he would be a Percy Harvin clone and be almost un-coverable in the slot with his 4.39 speed. He is the most electric player in the draft and is a dynamic return man. He not only is as good of a returner as Ginn, he is a more reliable receiver.

Davis at TE. Bowe, Crabtree, Morgan and Adams at WR. Gore and Hunter at RB. This could be the makings of a dominant offense to go along with our dominant defense and special teams.

2- Josh Robinson, CB- Central Florida 5'10, 192

Robinson is a big time ball hawk with 10 picks and 36 passes defensed during his 3 year career. He is also an elite return-man. This guy would be a big addition to our secondary and is a threat to take it to the house as soon as he touches the ball.

3a- (f/m Philly) Bruce Irvin, OLB- West Virginia 6'3, 235

Irvin is a bit undersized but he is a flat out monster rushing off the edge. He could bring something special to our already special defense if he could learn to be an every down player. Regardless, he could make a big impact on 3rd downs. He has some off field baggage and comes from a rough background which makes him drop a bit.

3b- Nigel Bradham, MLB- Florida State 6'3, 240

Takes over for Grant as our primary backup MLB. In 2010, he had 97 tackles with 6.5 tackles for loss, five sacks and five passes broken. Bradham had decent production in his first year as a starter in 2009, notching 93 tackles, with 5.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks. In 2011, Bradham collected 86 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, two interceptions and a forced fumble. He was the first player since Marvin Jones to lead the Seminoles in tackles for three straight seasons.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM ]
Nice job
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice job

Edited
Reggie Smith has already been told he should consider offers elsewhere.

I do not believe the 49ers will allow Carlos Rogers to leave unless his agent asks crazy money.

Other than that, thanks for a nice job on this mock.
Dwayne Bowe

Originally posted by dj43:
Reggie Smith has already been told he should consider offers elsewhere.

I do not believe the 49ers will allow Carlos Rogers to leave unless his agent asks crazy money.

Other than that, thanks for a nice job on this mock.

I changed around my original mock
New Orleans has QB Brees, WR Colston, and OG Nicks are their main Free Agents. I believe they can only sign two of the three. If so, they will probably sign Brees and let either Colston or Nicks go. My gut feeling is they will keep Nicks and let Colston go (because New Orleans already have Meachem, Henderson, Lance Moore, Sproles, Graham, etc.) so they have a plethora of receivers still available for Brees. Colston could be the big red zone target that we need.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
New Orleans has QB Brees, WR Colston, and OG Nicks are their main Free Agents. I believe they can only sign two of the three. If so, they will probably sign Brees and let either Colston or Nicks go. My gut feeling is they will keep Nicks and let Colston go (because New Orleans already have Meachem, Henderson, Lance Moore, Sproles, Graham, etc.) so they have a plethora of receivers still available for Brees. Colston could be the big red zone target that we need.

they already gave jhari evans top guard money, i doubt they have 2 guards taking tons of cap space. meachem, henderson and moore are nothing like colston and i would think they try to keep brees #1 option at wr. with the way the saints been drafting olinemen late in the draft and their pro bowl lt whos name is totally skipping my mind right now who they found out of towson, they totally know what to look for in olinemen and can find and groom an above average guard
  • mike
  • Veteran
Sorry to be a debbie downer but Dwayne bowe is a pipe dream at best. Kc has no reason not to franchise tag him. He's their only real receiving threat on an offense that desperately needs him. Any dip in stats can be pointed at having Palko throwing to him a good part of the season.

If we lose teddy ginn I want Desean, simple as that, unless you like the idea of Williams returning punts full time. It's probably not that much more realistic hoping for desean but in a few ways it is: It's already been said he's not getting tagged, and there have been reports saying that desean thinks he's worth more than what ownership think he's worth. That stalemate could be what it takes to get him looking toward the west coast.

I don't care what people say about how he acted last season. Rumors that he's a locker room cancer are overblown. He's an electrifying player who would immediately improve our offense.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

they already gave jhari evans top guard money, i doubt they have 2 guards taking tons of cap space. meachem, henderson and moore are nothing like colston and i would think they try to keep brees #1 option at wr. with the way the saints been drafting olinemen late in the draft and their pro bowl lt whos name is totally skipping my mind right now who they found out of towson, they totally know what to look for in olinemen and can find and groom an above average guard
Meachem is also an FA, can't they just let him go and manage to sign the 3 main guys?
i dont like spending a 3rd rd pick on a guy who will be a back up
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We don't need another smurf.
i like everything but losing rogers, i think he will be a priority for the team and they re-sign him.
Couple notes: Smith is not going to re-sign for 3 years. It is going to take a 5 year contract to get the job done, and the number should be in the $48-52 million range. Grant is not going to be picked up for a 3rd round selection. I think you have the wrong CB listed. I believe you mean Josh Norman of Central Florida.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Couple notes: Smith is not going to re-sign for 3 years. It is going to take a 5 year contract to get the job done, and the number should be in the $48-52 million range. Grant is not going to be picked up for a 3rd round selection. I think you have the wrong CB listed. I believe you mean Josh Norman of Central Florida.

No. Josh Norman plays for Coastal Carolina. I want Josh Robinson from Central Florida.

Why is Grant NOT going to be picked up for a 3rd? He is a RFA and I think we will put at least a 3rd round tender on him. He played at a very high level and some LBer needy team will give up a 3rd for a starting MLB in a heart beat.

If Smith backed up his great play from the Divisional playoffs in the NFC Championship game then I think he would have gotten a nice 5 year deal. As it stands, he was not very good and was a big reason we lost that game. I dont want to give Alex 10 mil a year for 5 years when I think Colin Kaepernick can do the things Alex did. I think we will kick the tires on Peyton as well. Alex's play regressed big time vs NY.

3 years. 24 mil is the most I will do. Alex wont be going anywhere and he wants to stay with Harbaugh. We have all the leverage.