There are 150 users in the forums

:::OFFICiAL::: 2012 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD

woooooooooooooooo
Originally posted by prometheus:
One thing to contemplate especially when you have a draft guru like Baalke is possibly trading a guy like Aldon smith for 3 first round picks. I think he is worth that and while he would be a big loss, he could also prolong the run for the niners for years with top players. I am not in favor of trading Aldon but the strategy of getting a star and trading him for other value holds in my opinion as no single player makes champions. It is the team and quality players. Actually, in terms of talent and potential, I believe Aldon is on a par with Andrew Luck. If for example we were short of corners receivers and runningbacks, trading a premium player for good players seems a good idea. That said I would only say that with Walsh or Baalke doing the trading.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Oops.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 7, 2012 at 5:13 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
15 days
Wow, with the 49ers being in the playoffs this year, the combine is just around the corner! It use to be so much farther away.
Originally posted by mayo49:
15 days

woooooooooooooooo
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
14 days
Originally posted by mayo49:
14 days

woooooooooooooooo
One thing to contemplate especially when you have a draft guru like Baalke is possibly trading a guy like Aldon smith for 3 first round picks. I think he is worth that and while he would be a big loss, he could also prolong the run for the niners for years with top players. I am not in favor of trading Aldon but the strategy of getting a star and trading him for other value holds in my opinion as no single player makes champions. It is the team and quality players. Actually, in terms of talent and potential, I believe Aldon is on a par with Andrew Luck. If for example we were short of corners receivers and runningbacks, trading a premium player for good players seems a good idea. That said I would only say that with Walsh or Baalke doing the trading.

Laying money on the fastest guy at the combine.
Place your bets...My five favorites: Chris Rainey, Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, Devon Wylie, Lamar Miller

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Place your bets...My five favorites: Chris Rainey, Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, Devon Wylie, Lamar Miller

That looks about right, though T.J. Graham could find his way in the top 5 as well. Too bad Jeff Demps is pursuing a track career or he would've blown everyone away.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

LOL is this for real! Cmon man!!

really we finally get a top flight pass rusher and you want to trade him???!
[ Edited by bleeds9ersredandgold on Feb 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran

Patrick Edwards from Houston might belong on that list, also.

Ran on his high school 4x100-meter relay team that took 2nd place in the state meet.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

That looks about right, though T.J. Graham could find his way in the top 5 as well. Too bad Jeff Demps is pursuing a track career or he would've blown everyone away.

A few others not to forget and keep tabs on are: Keshawn Martin (Michigan St.) and T.Y. Hilton (Florida International) (I really like both of these prospects). And of course, the obvious Tommy Streeter (some say he can run a 4.3, but on the field he looks more like a mid 4.4, which is more what I'm expecting, 4.40 - 4.46.

Other lower-grade WR prospects who could draw attention:
LaVon Brazill, Ohio (5-10 192)
Danny Coale, Virginia Tech (6-0 200)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone