LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

:::OFFICiAL::: 2012 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD

Other official measurements from Jeffery's Friday weigh-in included 10 1/4-inch hands with an 80 1/8-inch wingspan. He is 6-foot-3 and an eighth of an inch tall.

holy s**t great RZ target
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Getting caught up on the combine news, few things I noticed so far:

O-Line
-OT Tony Bergstrom may have to be a Guard, 6'5 even with only 32 inch arms
-OT Mika Adams sure he has long arms but only 19 bench presses? Red flag that he doesn't put in work in the weight room
-OG DeCastro was no surprise putting up 34 on the bench press and with great measurables
-OT Matt Kalil also helped his stock, good measurements
-C Ben Jones should pass up C Konitz as the top Center
-OT Kelemete only checked in at 6'4, not good for a tackle
-OT Ryan Miller looked good, 6'7, 331lbs, 33.5 inch arms, 32 bench press
-C David Molk put up 41 on the bench bress
-OT Riley Rieff took a slight hit on not that impressive measurements
-OT Zebrie Sanders checked in with 35 inch arms!
-OT/OG Cordy Glenn checked in 345lbs, way too much for a tackle. Should be projected as a guard.

RBs
-Vick Ballard only at 219lbs? Thought he was bigger
-Ronnie Hillman is in the draft? Holy crap, completely missed that. He looked pretty good in college, he should have a great 40
-LaMichael James checked in at 194lbs, that should help him

WRs
-Chris Givens took a big hit, only 5'10 (was listed as 6'1)
-Stephen Hill looked good, 6'4 and 215lbs
-Alshon Jeffrey is UNDER 6'3, big blow to him
-Dwight Jones checked in at 230lbs? stock continues to drop
-Tommy Street is thet tallest WR at 6'5

TEs
-Colby Fleener checked in at 6'6, pretty great size. 27 reps. What the hell is in Stanford's water?
-Michael Egnew was 6'5, pretty solid
-LaDarius Green check in at 6'5 and a half, pretty good, but only 16 reps?
-Charles Olson I had an eye on as a sleeper TE, only 6'2. But he put up 35 reps, lol.

If anything, I think Alshon's stock went up. He came in lighter than his usual playing weight and exactly at 6'3''.

LaMichael James looks like a tough 5'9'' back. His stock might be going up.

There were questions about LaDarius Green and his strength. He's almost 6'6'' but plays under 240.

Charles Olson? Do you mean Orson Charles? If so, he's not a sleeper TE. He's actually regarded as top 3 in that position.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Just say h'es 6'3" with cleats.

Meh, Jeffery was advertised as having great height (routinely listed as 6'4). I think he is now more in the range of good height, nothing special.

Hill, Moye, Street, Fuller, Quick all have better height.

Jeffery is just the same as a guy like Juron Criner.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Other official measurements from Jeffery's Friday weigh-in included 10 1/4-inch hands with an 80 1/8-inch wingspan. He is 6-foot-3 and an eighth of an inch tall.
calvin johnson wingspan which is 82 inches
alshon jeffery has 80 inches

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Russell Wilson 5-10 lol
I've said all along Streeter shouldn't have declared, he has the measurables, but he isn't NFL ready, will not contribute much as a rookie
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

So basically when he's in shoes he's like 6'4'' and hass a 6'8'' wingspan. JEEZ
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So basically when he's in shoes he's like 6'4'' and hass a 6'8'' wingspan. JEEZ

calvin johnson wingspan which is 82 inches
alshon jeffery has 80 inches

2 inches less than the physical freak known as calvin johnson

Meh, Jeffery was advertised as having great height (routinely listed as 6'4). I think he is now more in the range of good height, nothing special.

Jeffery is 6'3'' and Givens is 5'11'' http://walterfootball.com/combine2012WR.php
Originally posted by SF69ers:
If anything, I think Alshon's stock went up. He came in lighter than his usual playing weight and exactly at 6'3''.

LaMichael James looks like a tough 5'9'' back. His stock might be going up.

There were questions about LaDarius Green and his strength. He's almost 6'6'' but plays under 240.

Charles Olson? Do you mean Orson Charles? If so, he's not a sleeper TE. He's actually regarded as top 3 in that position.

Meh, I didn't ding him for "rumors." If you are dinging guys based on rumors, I think you're crazy. So I don't think his stock went up because I didn't spend a second thinking about his weight, just waited for his combine numbers. And previously he was listed "officially" in 220's which aint bad.

LaMichael's stock is definately going up. Weighing 190lbs on a 5'9 frame, he must be rock solid.

Yeah I meant Orson Charles...product of alt-tabbing while your boss walks in. If he is drafted in the 2nd round, I think its too early. I think he is more of a late 3rd or 4th rounder. So I guess some of the "experts" are over rating him. Only "short" TEs that are worth that high of a pick are Dustin Keller and Aaron Hernandez. Aaron Hernandez was an All-American that won the Mackey and Keller ran a 4.53 40. Both were more productive then Charles in college.

And who is your top 3 TEs by the way? I have it Fleener, Allen, Egnew.

Jeffery is 6'3'' and Givens is 5'11'' http://walterfootball.com/combine2012WR.php

That site isn't giving the exact measurements...
I'm down on Egnew after the Senior Bowl, 5th best TE for me, may not go until day 3

jeffery came in at 6 3 and 1/8 of an inch

but he has wingspan of 80 inches and has 10 inch hands

everything you want in a RZ target

They did on Kendall Wright but even so he is still a pretty big target, and the length of his arms make his ability to catch something in a given area really good. I still like him a lot.
Sanu has like a 78 inch wingspan, I found that damn impressive.

Quick came in at 81 inches

Streeter at almost 81 I believe.

Was kind of surprised that Hill came in smaller at 6'4", also Randle came in at 6'3".

Derek Moye has Alex Smith hands, he's like 6-4 but his hands are like 8".
Share 49ersWebzone