LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd, Who's the #2 WR in the draft?

Originally posted by sfout:
Just checked out team needs according to WalterFootball and IMO there is no way Floyd falls past the gauntlet of WR hungry teams from 11-19...

11. KC - If the let Bowe walk they'll easily take Floyd. if they re-sign Bowe they are a non-conference target for trading.
12. SEA - Doesn't have a real need but he could be BPA
13. ARZ - Everyone in the world knows they'll either be taking a lineman or receiver. I bet they can find a good OL in FA or in round 2. Floyd WILL be picked here IMO.
14. DAL - No need so if he somehow got past ARZ we have to move on him here.
15. PHI - Desean will likely be on the way out and Steve Smith is a FA as well. WR is a big need.If Floyd is off the board I'm worried about Kendall Wright or Jeffery being taken at every pick past this point.
16. NYJ - They'll likely just be replacing Plax but you never know if they cut ties with Holmes.
17. OAK - Denarius Moore was a complete steal and DHB is the same enigma as Crabs. Just another likely option.
18. SAN - Quick name every WR on SD besides Malcom Floyd? I can't. With VJAX gone Rivers will get destroyed.
19. CHI - I think the Bears have the same problem as us. A bunch of #2 and #3 receivers all over the field.

I'd be legitimately worried that Blackmon will go top5, Floyd top 10-15 and then Wright or Jeffery by pick 20. Then will have to wait and see if Sanu, Wright, or Jeffery falls to us.

We'd probably have to trade with KC to get our hands on Floyd. After that every pick in the teens is a complete gamble.

Floyd would first have to get past the Jags
Originally posted by 99draft99:
Just checked out team needs according to WalterFootball and IMO there is no way Floyd falls past the gauntlet of WR hungry teams from 11-19...

11. KC - If the let Bowe walk they'll easily take Floyd. if they re-sign Bowe they are a non-conference target for trading.
13. ARZ - Everyone in the world knows they'll either be taking a lineman or receiver. I bet they can find a good OL in FA or in round 2. Floyd WILL be picked here IMO.
15. PHI - Desean will likely be on the way out and Steve Smith is a FA as well. WR is a big need.If Floyd is off the board I'm worried about Kendall Wright or Jeffery being taken at every pick past this point.
16. NYJ - They'll likely just be replacing Plax but you never know if they cut ties with Holmes.
17. OAK - Denarius Moore was a complete steal and DHB is the same enigma as Crabs. Just another likely option.
18. SAN - Quick name every WR on SD besides Malcom Floyd? I can't. With VJAX gone Rivers will get destroyed.
19. CHI - I think the Bears have the same problem as us. A bunch of #2 and #3 receivers all over the field.

I'd be legitimately worried that Blackmon will go top5, Floyd top 10-15 and then Wright or Jeffery by pick 20. Then will have to wait and see if Sanu, Wright, or Jeffery falls to us.

We'd probably have to trade with KC to get our hands on Floyd. After that every pick in the teens is a complete gamble.

Floyd would first have to get past the Jags

Jags need to fix that pass rush before they go near a WR.
If Walter is right, Jags won't neither go for Coples nor for Floyd due to character issues. Geno Smith seems to like high-character guys.
Originally posted by communist:
If Walter is right, Jags won't neither go for Coples nor for Floyd due to character issues. Geno Smith seems to like high-character guys.

I wouldnt be shocked to see them pass on either of them. I really dont see them or any team taking Floyd in the 1st. Way to risky to give a guy who cant stop partying millions of dollars. Floyd is a mix of Dez Bryant and Sam Hurd kind of stupid. Plus I heard Floyds bail bondsman is doubling as his agent
I hope other NFL GMs vote the same way those that voted in this poll have. If there is any chance for the 49ers to get Jeffrey we'll be SUPER lucky. The guy is a slightly slower Calvin Johnson with better hands/concentration/intangibles.
Don't get the love for Jeffery at all.
Originally posted by communist:
Don't get the love for Jeffery at all.

This is what Kiper says about him in his latest mock...

The 49ers got much better production out of the offense this season, but I still see a need for a big target on the outside, something Braylon Edwards wasn't able to provide. Jeffery is an absolute beast, a guy who plays at more than 230 pounds and easily could top 6-foot-4 when he measures out. He goes up over corners and attacks the ball, catching it away from his body like a rebounder. The Niners struggled mightily in the red zone all season, and Jeffery might not be a burner but is the kind of player you can post up in the end zone to help solve that problem.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
'i'm in the Kendall Wright mode actually
I believe that Floyd can contribute just like how A.J. Green did this year in his rookie year.........Floyd all day i really havent heard much about the other guy

Vincent Brown

Patrick Crayton

Only ones i can remember

I wouldn't worry about any of these two players off field issues with this coaching staff and organization. With having said that, I really like these two guys size and speed, very similar. My guess is that Jeffery will most likely be available when we pick but if im going to choose I would choose Floyd. I just think he is stronger than Jeffery and attacks the ball better. I can see Floyd being a much bigger impact player coming out of the gate than Jeffery.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I wouldn't worry about any of these two players off field issues with this coaching staff and organization. With having said that, I really like these two guys size and speed, very similar. My guess is that Jeffery will most likely be available when we pick but if im going to choose I would choose Floyd. I just think he is stronger than Jeffery and attacks the ball better. I can see Floyd being a much bigger impact player coming out of the gate than Jeffery.

What ever would make you think this? This is what makes Jeffery so special! He's as strong a WR and goes and gets the ball as good as anyone that has ever come out of college.
most mocks now dont even have him going in the first and they have us taking Sanu over him
Originally posted by Gavintech:

What ever would make you think this? This is what makes Jeffery so special! He's as strong a WR and goes and gets the ball as good as anyone that has ever come out of college.
I like Jeffery a lot, I just think Floyd has an edge, that edge being I think hes more NFL ready. Is Jeffery a boom or bust guy? His production this year might have teams wondering. I just like the way Floyd attacks the ball kinda reminds me of Calvin, the way Floyd and turn his body in mid air makes me drool lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:

I like Jeffery a lot, I just think Floyd has an edge, that edge being I think hes more NFL ready. Is Jeffery a boom or bust guy? His production this year might have teams wondering. I just like the way Floyd attacks the ball kinda reminds me of Calvin, the way Floyd and turn his body in mid air makes me drool lol

Why would his production concern teams? His teams star running back was gone for more then half the year and the starting QB got kicked off the team around the same time. Considering their back up got him those #'s I'd be pretty excited he posted the stats that he did.

Also you just have to look at 2 quarters of football during the bowl game. Dennard gave up 3 receptions for 100 yards on him. Jeffery had him beat on multiple occasions and the QB either over threw him or got sacked. I'm not even taking into account the hail mary because that was Jeffery on 3 CBs including Dennard. Even then the fact that he had the concentration to go up and pul the ball out of the air, come back down, tuck the football away and sidestep Dennard then dive for goal line. That single play epitomizes his skill level.

Jeffery is a beast. If he is the guy we get then so be it. The coaching staff knows what they're doing and I trust them if they pick Sanu or Jeffery.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 27, 2012 at 2:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone