There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we trade our 2013 first round pick ?

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
In Baalke I trust!
Really?
When was the last time a move like this paid off for a team?
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
In Baalke I trust!
Really?
After last year's epic draft netting us several solid starters and a 14 sack olb, and with A.Davis' improvement, where has baalke gone wrong?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I'm in favor of going for broke to acquire a star WR, whether that's through the draft or FA, but I've given up hope of it happening. Just not Baalke and Harbaugh's style. I think the best we'll get is a 2nd round WR or mid-level FA.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Last year Atlanta traded a mint to move up and get Julio Jones to help make their offense one of the best in the league and get them to the Super Bowl this year. Look where that got them.

That's because they still have Matt Ryan, a decent regular season QB who chokes in the playoffs.
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Last year Atlanta traded a mint to move up and get Julio Jones to help make their offense one of the best in the league and get them to the Super Bowl this year. Look where that got them.

That's because they still have Matt Ryan, a decent regular season QB who chokes in the playoffs.
also they have a crappy o line and a bad D

we have a decent o line and a good D

WR is our only need
Originally posted by mike:
After last year's epic draft netting us several solid starters and a 14 sack olb, and with A.Davis' improvement, where has baalke gone wrong?
In contrary to the majority of the zone, there were some people out there 1 year ago who neither hate on Baalke's promotion to GM nor they hated on the Aldon-pick...Just b/c they assumed that they can't do it better and they DOESNT have the better knowledge than a professional scout.
Now, a lot of people turner their opinion around and I bet that they will switch back to hate if the upcoming draft goes wrong.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM ]
i would have no problem trading up in the mid-to-late teens or early twenties to grab an elite WR or CB if one of those guys falls that far and was not expected to be there. I would even be okay if they traded up a few slots to get a C/G like Konz, if they really think he can anchor the line for a decade. But i don't want to try to trade up into the top ten like Atlanta did--though I don't think we have to worry about that with Baalke. The only way he'll trade up, IMO, is if there is a guy who was very high on his board that has an unexpected and major fall.
idk about doing this for the simple fact that Gore is on his last legs soo we'll be looking for a RB next year no doubt so he can get 2yrs behind Gore. Soo I was hoping we could target Montee ball to be the future feature back. Gore is 5'9 and 217. Ball is 5'9 and 212. Ball is projected as a late 1st or early 2nd but we still have to see what he does next season.