LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

PFWs Nolan Narwocki mock draft 1.0

has niners taking south carolina cornerback stephrn gilmore
Originally posted by hofer36:
has niners taking south carolina cornerback stephrn gilmore

All based on Rogers at this point. I don't think the National Media gives credit to Brown, whom I hated and have really respected this year.
Yeah, Tarrell Brown started terribly but could stabilize his play during the season. Nevertheless, we need another CB even if we re-sign Rogers, he is not the fastest and not the youngest guy.
Originally posted by communist:
Yeah, Tarrell Brown started terribly but could stabilize his play during the season. Nevertheless, we need another CB even if we re-sign Rogers, he is not the fastest and not the youngest guy.

Niners seem high on Nelms (he won the promising rookie award, and he was on IR).

Exactly. Brown played well at times but hasn't showed the consistency. And this time next year Rogers will be closing in on 32. Was Jenkins already off the board in that draft?
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM ]
Gilmore was on my "Disappointing Players of the Year" list. Inconsistent in coverage and wasn't a very good form tackler.
Wasn't Cory Nelms undrafted?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Exactly. Brown played well at times but hasn't showed the consistency. And this time next year Rogers will be closing in on 32. Was Jenkins already off the board in that draft?

yes, 17th pick to Bengals
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Because everyone knows the bengals are the only team to draft players with character issues. Drives me insane, I am almost half surprised that no one mocked Alshon Jeffery to them with the caption "Alshon's got eating issues, perfect fit for the bengals who take players with problems"........

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Niners seem high on Nelms (he won the promising rookie award, and he was on IR).

Nelms was on the practice squad. You are thinking of Curtis Holcomb our 7th round pick who they specifically picked for his team leadership(4X team captain) and his individual skill as well, he ended up on IR with a knee or ankle injury.

But yes Nelms has a realistic shot at being on the active roster next year. IMO both Nelms and Holcomb could end up taking both Brock's and Spencer's roster spots next year.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

Because everyone knows the bengals are the only team to draft players with character issues. Drives me insane, I am almost half surprised that no one mocked Alshon Jeffery to them with the caption "Alshon's got eating issues, perfect fit for the bengals who take players with problems"........

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Nelms was on the practice squad. You are thinking of Curtis Holcomb our 7th round pick who they specifically picked for his team leadership(4X team captain) and his individual skill as well, he ended up on IR with a knee or ankle injury.

But yes Nelms has a realistic shot at being on the active roster next year. IMO both Nelms and Holcomb could end up taking both Brock's and Spencer's roster spots next year.
True I think the Bengals will take Richardson or Lamar Miller. I'm not sure how long they signed Clements for or how well he worked out for them so CB could be a need for them as well.

yeah the whole secondary stablized as the season progressed to the point where i wouldn't mid waiting until the 3rd for depth.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
yeah the whole secondary stablized as the season progressed to the point where i wouldn't mid waiting until the 3rd for depth.

Casey Hayward keeps getting 3rd round buzz with the possibility of improving to the extremely late 2nd. I'm still holding out hope that we get him in the 3rd.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

this
Originally posted by sfout:
Casey Hayward keeps getting 3rd round buzz with the possibility of improving to the extremely late 2nd. I'm still holding out hope that we get him in the 3rd.

Better hope he runs a 4.60 at the combine, because he is not going to be on the board at the end of the third round.
I like Gilmore, but If Sanu is there, Sanu would be my pick.

But for CBs, I like the following

Gilmore
Minnifield
Tandy
Hayward
Fleming

I am wary about the 5'9 CBs like Jenkins, Boykin, etc...

Not sure what Dennard comes in at, if he is at 5'10-6'0 he would be in the mix for me in rd 1.
Share 49ersWebzone