Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by mayo49:
WR: Dewayne Bowe / Michael Crabtree / Ryan Broyles / Ted Ginn Jr. / Kyle Williams

Williams will not be back.
Why? Cause of the 2 fumbles? That's asinine to think that. People have bad games and make mistakes. Harbaugh's motto "The Team. The Team. The Team." goes to show he doesn't hold Kyle solely responsible for the loss. Which some of you hot headed fans don't understand. Kyle didn't lose it. It was a team effort to lose that game.

He'll get booed until the cows come home. Too, much anamocity from the fans. Best just to let him go.

Alex Smith proved that's not true.

You got a point, but it isn't like we can't replace Williams. He's a backup reciever. There's plenty of those in the draft and FA.
Yeah, those can be found, but how many are willing to block anyone like Williams will, will go back there and return kicks with a possible separated shoulder. I like the kids toughness, he had a lot of good catches this year too. I think him have a bad game and "getting cut" because of it, won't happen.

Why put the kid through what is going to happen. The fans will never let him forget that fumble that handed the Giants a win.
Are we coddling our players now?

It wasn't a regular season game. It was the NFC Championship game. Again, the fans won't let him forget it.
Lets just agree to disagree. We'll see what happens in FA and the Draft and all the preseason stuff next year. I don't want to highjack this thread.

Agreed.
Anthony Dixon is a good rb. Why pick up another small guy? Same with WR - don't need another 5'10" smurf. Looking at this, Konz would be a key pick if he lasts that long -- would be worth trading up a few spots. I bet carlos Rogers will re-sign.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rapid4:
Anthony Dixon is a good rb. Why pick up another small guy? Same with WR - don't need another 5'10" smurf. Looking at this, Konz would be a key pick if he lasts that long -- would be worth trading up a few spots. I bet carlos Rogers will re-sign.

I agree, Dixon should be given the chance to play more, or a least be that guy that get's the short yardage plays.
I'll say a name of a 3rd down back who could be had after the 1st round, and maybe even the 3rd. Doug Martin from Boise has been a go to guy on 3rd down his entire career. He is also very good at returning kicks.
WR: Dewayne Bowe / Michael Crabtree / Ryan Broyles / Ted Ginn Jr. / Kyle Williams

Why? Cause of the 2 fumbles? That's asinine to think that. People have bad games and make mistakes. Harbaugh's motto "The Team. The Team. The Team." goes to show he doesn't hold Kyle solely responsible for the loss. Which some of you hot headed fans don't understand. Kyle didn't lose it. It was a team effort to lose that game.

He'll get booed until the cows come home. Too, much anamocity from the fans. Best just to let him go.

LMAO This. You cant argue because this 100% true.

Honestly, if Kyle Williams got more playing time this season at reciever, he would have been our top reciever.(not including TEs)
K-Will has is the fastest reciever, runs the best routes, and has the best hands. He can burn defenders and get open. If we let him go, we'd be giving up soo much unbelievable talent and heart
Rogers, Alex, Morgan and Brooks are my top 4 to retain.

Goldson I still feel he is overpriced.

If we can keep those 4, plus Costanzo I'm a happy camper.

Goldson can be franchised, but if need be, trade him.
Originally posted by martysofresh:

Honestly, if Kyle Williams got more playing time this season at reciever, he would have been our top reciever.(not including TEs)
K-Will has is the fastest reciever, runs the best routes, and has the best hands. He can burn defenders and get open. If we let him go, we'd be giving up soo much unbelievable talent and heart

and he did nothing the last 2 games
Considering the lack of depth this team has at CB and OLB, I would definitely categorize both Rogers and Brooks as "must haves"...
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by martysofresh:

and he did nothing the last 2 games

his crackback block on a DLineman sprung Alex on the running TD vs NO.
Share 49ersWebzone