LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

devon wylie

anyone have thoughts on this guy as potnetial future niner....he appears to have speed and quickness to get seperation, bui his size probably dictates he be a slot receiver...maybe a wes welker type...also could contribute in return game
Originally posted by hofer36:
anyone have thoughts on this guy as potnetial future niner....he appears to have speed and quickness to get seperation, bui his size probably dictates he be a slot receiver...maybe a wes welker type...also could contribute in return game

i dont c us investing in a slot receiver type given that we have williams and we lack height on our WR core.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i dont c us investing in a slot receiver type given that we have williams and we lack height on our WR core.

Agreed we have Williams and Morgan has even produced out of the slot. We need an impact player on the outside.
Originally posted by sfout:

Agreed we have Williams and Morgan has even produced out of the slot. We need an impact player on the outside.

not even in the later rounds of the draft?
no more project WR

we are maybe 1 dminant WR away fro being the most complete team in the nfl (with morgan back)

just get a "sure thing" early then get a project like stephen hill or this guy later
Hope he stay healthy
[ Edited by davidboutte on Jan 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM ]
Wes Bunting of the National Football Post graded out Wylie as the sixth best player of the week. Very impressive showing, and will surely bump up his stock. I'm not so sure this guy is a project. He may be able to step in and contribute for a team earlier than expected.

The guy to watch, as I expected this week, was Arkansas WR Jarius Wright, who is a poor man's Kendall Wright. J. Wright graded out as best of the week by Bunting, and fourth best by Pigskin Paul's Place, who were both at the practices. He is my second round target, since as we know, speed kills. This kid could be the fastest in the draft.
What I like most about Wylie solid lower body Good hands
4.23 speed
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM ]
From his highlight reel, he looks like he's a cut from the Welker/Edelman mold. Nice slot player with speed, agility, and toughness. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll be a 5th rounder for the Pats. I don't know where he's projected, but his speed and STs play should land him in the mid rounds.

Jarius Wright looks like he'll give CBs trouble at the next level. Guys like him are the reason I'm in favor of trading out of the 1st.
[ Edited by strickac on Jan 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
From his highlight reel, he looks like he's a cut from the Welker/Edelman mold. Nice slot player with speed, agility, and toughness. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll be a 5th rounder for the Pats. I don't know where he's projected, but his speed and STs play should land him in the mid rounds.

Jarius Wright looks like he'll give CBs trouble at the next level. Guys like him are the reason I'm in favor of trading out of the 1st.

Good observation. Wylie is one of those quick-twitch muscle WR's, who are very small, but can make people look silly. Looked pretty good today, but he has to stay healthy. I am sure he gets a long look on the medical day at the combine.

As for Wright, he was way too quick for the CB's today. On the deep interception, the ball was thrown about 15 yards short of his speed. He was past the defenders, and breaking away when that duck floated it. Wright is going to stretch some defenses.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM ]

No as somebody who has seen him play in person he's not any better than Kyle Williams and is constantly injured. Would be a waste of a pick IMO
Speed kills and we lack true speed that can run routes and catch the ball.

No more double teams on VD if you have speed like that!

I could see us taking him in the 4th if there.

I'm tired of our wr's hardly ever getting seperation right off the line or anywhere for that matter. No db's are afraid of our guys. I'd like a tall guy as well but we really do need a reliable speed wr if we are gonna take the next step on o next year.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I like Wylie... But I'm not too hot on him being a niner... Id give 6th for him but between ginn and Williams he just isn't needed unless baalke thinks he can be a huge contributor. He doesn't seem to be anymore than a #3 and we have a ton of those
Jarius Wright or Joe Adams, both from Arkansas, both are very fast. Latter one is an inch taller and has more mass but he was more a returner than a receiver, compared to Wright.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone