LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

OTC's 1st Round 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I think we bring in Colston in the off season. Or some other high profile wide out.

i hope so
Nicely done! I wavered on Melvin Ingram in my mock, but glad to you think highly of him.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ahh ok, thanks for that. Forgot it was communist's thread that I had seen. But I agree with you that I don't think the skins go with Tannehill.
Though I have to admit that I mocked Tannehill OVER Landry to the Skins... Imo, the Skins are desperate enough at QB to take Tannehill that high.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Ahh ok, thanks for that. Forgot it was communist's thread that I had seen. But I agree with you that I don't think the skins go with Tannehill.
Though I have to admit that I mocked Tannehill OVER Landry to the Skins... Imo, the Skins are desperate enough at QB to take Tannehill that high.

I live in DC and you could be right. Shanahan put himself in a tough situation by passing on several qb's last year and actually going with Beck and Grossman. The fans are thirsty for a qb, but I just don't think that they will overdraft for Tannehill. I think they end up trading whatever they can to move up to the number 2 spot.
A move-up by the Skins is very probable, imo. But my mock draft doesnt include trades. Furthermore, I think that the Browns will beat the Skins if they want to jump tot the 2nd ovr.
A move-up by the Skins is very probable, imo. But my mock draft doesnt include trades. Furthermore, I think that the Browns will beat the Skins if they want to jump tot the 2nd ovr.

Exactly. The Browns are better positioned in every way to move in to that second spot which would leave Washington with Tannehill or bust in terms of viable QB options.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Exactly. The Browns are better positioned in every way to move in to that second spot which would leave Washington with Tannehill or bust in terms of viable QB options.

But Skins have shown willingness to trade the farm, or overpay for big names. Holmgren will be smart, don't expect the same from Snyder. If he wants RGIII then he'll be the highest bidder (good-bye first round picks for the remainder of the decade? Sure! why not?! They'll just continue to build through FA)
Great job, OTC.

I'm laying big money on the Browns moving up to number two.....if they don't pick up Matt Flynn in free agency. That number two pick is on sale by the Rams, for sure, but I don't think they want to move that far down the board. They would be thrilled with either Kalil or Blackmon, and one of these guys would still be on the board if the Rams select fourth overall.

Wright is going to have to run a sub-4.3 to go at number seven. The Jags REALLY need WR help, but I think they are hitting the free agent market for a WR first, and selecting defense with that seventh overall.

P.S. I know you know the history of the draft and the magically odd seletions that happen every year in that 7-10 slot. Who will it be this year? Brockers? DeCastro? Maybe Wright. We will see.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM ]
Very fine draft.

Snyder is not shy about spending $. Perhaps he'll spend it on Flynn from GBay. I do see Cleveland moving up to #2 since they have 2 first round selections.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Very fine draft.

Snyder is not shy about spending $. Perhaps he'll spend it on Flynn from GBay. I do see Cleveland moving up to #2 since they have 2 first round selections.

i see the redskins trading up( if shannahan wants him)

otherwise he will go to CLE i dont think they will trade the other first round pick though they have like no WRs

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

But Skins have shown willingness to trade the farm, or overpay for big names. Holmgren will be smart, don't expect the same from Snyder. If he wants RGIII then he'll be the highest bidder (good-bye first round picks for the remainder of the decade? Sure! why not?! They'll just continue to build through FA)

So I think it's less about what the Redskins will/can do and more about how the Browns are situated. The Browns can offer two 1st rounders in this draft and allow the Rams to move back only a few spots, which is amazing value for them as they rebuild. The Skins could only give a 1st rounder now and possibly their second along with their 1st next year (something the Browns could do also if they had to)...plus the Skins are picking 6th, which means the Rams would miss out on the three best non-QB prospects in this draft that meet the Rams most glaring needs (Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne).

The Browns are just better positioned. The only way the Skins get that pick is if they mortgage their future, and I don't see Shanny being that stupid.
So I think it's less about what the Redskins will/can do and more about how the Browns are situated. The Browns can offer two 1st rounders in this draft and allow the Rams to move back only a few spots, which is amazing value for them as they rebuild. The Skins could only give a 1st rounder now and possibly their second along with their 1st next year (something the Browns could do also if they had to)...plus the Skins are picking 6th, which means the Rams would miss out on the three best non-QB prospects in this draft that meet the Rams most glaring needs (Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne).

The Browns are just better positioned. The only way the Skins get that pick is if they mortgage their future, and I don't see Shanny being that stupid.
Nice Post, Ghost.

As for the last sentence: Shanny is not that stupid but Snyder is, imo.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Great job, OTC.

I'm laying big money on the Browns moving up to number two.....if they don't pick up Matt Flynn in free agency. That number two pick is on sale by the Rams, for sure, but I don't think they want to move that far down the board. They would be thrilled with either Kalil or Blackmon, and one of these guys would still be on the board if the Rams select fourth overall.

I would be very surprised if the Rams pass on a chance to get Blackmon. With all the money they have spent on Bradford they now must give him a legit target.

Of course the same logic would apply to a pass protector as well...
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Great job, OTC.

I would be very surprised if the Rams pass on a chance to get Blackmon. With all the money they have spent on Bradford they now must give him a legit target.

Fisher doesn't strike me as a guy to draft a good, yet not elite (such as CJ or AJ Green) wideout at #4. Protecting Bradford is key, and Fisher had a ton of success with a strong line in TN. They really want Kalil I would guess, but so does MN IMO. Interesting top 4 this year
Originally posted by dj43:

They drafted Saffold and Jason Smith relatively high. Both played good 2010. In contrary to that, Brandon Lloyd is a FA and will leave, so they dont have anything at WR again.
Then again, the OT-class is thin in comparison to the WR-class...Ok, I start leaning towards Kalil b/c Blackmon is a little bit to small with 6-1.
Share 49ersWebzone