6 Round Mock Draft (NFL Draft Tek)

This one is a head scratcher for sure!

1.Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
2. Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech
3. TY Hilton WR Florida Int'l.
4. Cobi Hamiltion WR Arkansas
5. Isaiah Peed RB Cincinnati
6. Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati

As much as I would love for us to get more weapons on Offense 3 receivers really!?
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

As much as I would love for us to get more weapons on Offense 3 receivers really!?

I question whether these individuals watch any football whatsoever.

1. Reach.
2. Doesn't fit the system.
3. Reach.
4. First off, he hasn't even declared, and secondly, he's the top undeclared underclassman WR right now. Would not last to the 4th.
5. No chance of being there. 3rd round guy, possibly 2nd.
6. Unlikely to be available there.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

1. Reach.
3. Reach.
4. First off, he hasn't even declared, and secondly, he's the top undeclared underclassman WR right now. Would not last to the 4th.

Thank you for verifying that for me! That's why I only truly enjoy your mock drafts..they're more realistic!

1. Reach.
3. Reach.
Could you explain this a little bit?
Originally posted by communist:

1. Reach.
3. Reach.

Too short, too light. 49ers system requires taller, physical corners. If you look at our roster, they're all about 5-11 190 or bigger. Hosley will check in at 5-9 or 5-10 and 170-something pounds.
I actually love the first two picks, but they seem a little early. Hill and Hosley are freakish athletes, but a little raw. If Hosley was a few inches taller, he'd be a 1st rounder.
Too short, too light. 49ers system requires taller, physical corners. If you look at our roster, they're all about 5-11 190 or bigger. Hosley will check in at 5-9 or 5-10 and 170-something pounds.
Ah ok, thought you derived it from some films. So, we have more of bump'n'run guys?
Ah ok, thought you derived it from some films. So, we have more of bump'n'run guys?

Not really, we use a lot of zone as well. But we've just built a team around bigger/physical CBs. Brock and Brown are both listed as 5'10.

In general, teams don't like a corner back under 5'10 because they are too much of a liability against bigger WRs. Take a look at the Giants, their CBs are also 6 footers. Top 4 Pass Ds: Steelers shortest CB is 5'10, Browns have 1 5'9 CB (not a starter), Texans have 1 5'9 CB (not a starter), Ravens shortest is 5'10.

Although Brandon Flowers is 5'9 but he is the only top CB I can think of that is under 5'10.

Edit:

Here is a good read on the type of D we played against the Saints:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1025507-saints-vs-49ers-how-san-francisco-managed-to-shut-down-new-orleans

The article says we used our corners a lot in man coverage, so I guess so. Watching the game I felt like we were running a ton of zone.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Not really, we use a lot of zone as well. But we've just built a team around bigger/physical CBs. Brock and Brown are both listed as 5'10.

In general, teams don't like a corner back under 5'10 because they are too much of a liability against bigger WRs. Take a look at the Giants, their CBs are also 6 footers. Top 4 Pass Ds: Steelers shortest CB is 5'10, Browns have 1 5'9 CB (not a starter), Texans have 1 5'9 CB (not a starter), Ravens shortest is 5'10.

Although Brandon Flowers is 5'9 but he is the only top CB I can think of that is under 5'10.

Edit:

Here is a good read on the type of D we played against the Saints:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1025507-saints-vs-49ers-how-san-francisco-managed-to-shut-down-new-orleans

The article says we used our corners a lot in man coverage, so I guess so. Watching the game I felt like we were running a ton of zone.
Thanks SunDevil,
It is a good article on actual plays that I wish there were more of.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

1. Reach.
3. Reach.

That is one atrocious draft. It's like the guy just threw names on the board. Isn't Wolfe getting early day 2 buzz???

Also OTC has the official list of declared/non-declared underclassmen been released?

Hill

I hate project picks in the 1st round. Get guys who can contribute AND who have upside in the first. Not one or the other.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Jan 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

1. Reach.
3. Reach.

That is one atrocious draft. It's like the guy just threw names on the board. Isn't Wolfe getting early day 2 buzz???

Also OTC has the official list of declared/non-declared underclassmen been released?

Haven't seen anything official yet.

1. Reach.
3. Reach.

I like Hosley a lot...and isnt Tarell Brown short and small?
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

1. Reach.
3. Reach.

No, not really, Tarell Brown is 5-11 190 and he's fast/quick (track guy, and he ran a 4.4 at the combine). Hosley is a squeak above 5-9 and 170 pounds. Most believe he will be an excellent nickel corner, but not a starter because he lacks speed to recover, although displays exceptional quickness. The 49ers require bigger corners because of our combination of serious emphasis on run support and the desire to matchup against bigger receivers.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

1. Reach.
3. Reach.

No, not really, Tarell Brown is 5-11 190 and he's fast/quick (track guy, and he ran a 4.4 at the combine). Hosley is a squeak above 5-9 and 170 pounds. Most believe he will be an excellent nickel corner, but not a starter because he lacks speed to recover, although displays exceptional quickness. The 49ers require bigger corners because of our combination of serious emphasis on run support and the desire to matchup against bigger receivers.

Won't be surprised if the NFL actually lists him at 5'8 3/4" just to show his true size lol.
Share 49ersWebzone