There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what players could niners have taken instead of taylor mays?

guys that could have helped vs gmen
Anyone
damn i hated that f**king mays pick
Jason Worilds, OLB, 3-4 would give us another guy who could get after the QB. If Foster wasn't playing out of his mind for Texans, we'd have heard a LOT more from Ben Tate. The guy is a damn good RB. I believe Jimmy Graham is from the same draft class and was drafted a round later. Graham and Vernon
The guy I wanted was taken one pick later: Javier Arenas. But we have a pretty good return game now, so that's probably not who I would want now.

Carlos Dunlap is one of the better players taken later that round.

But what we really need now is a WR. Decent WRs taken after that Mays pick are:

Emmanuel Sanders
Eric Decker
Jacoby Ford
Antonio Brown

The thing that still kills me is that Brown is the best of all of them, HE WAS IN MY MOCK DRAFT! I had us taking him in the 4th or 5th but he lasted all the way to the 6th. And it turns out he would have been a great value pick in the 2nd.

Damn you, Singletary.
The Safety I wanted all along...Morgan Burnett
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
The Safety I wanted all along...Morgan Burnett
Burnett was at the top of my board, so this was the best choice. I had Burnett graded as a late first round value, so the Packers got a steal in the draft. The Niners simply selected the wrong guy.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Anyone

lmao, this. The guy isn't on the team anymore.
Jimmy Graham!
Aaron Hernandez
Morgan Burnett
Eh, we can do this for every team in every draft. It happens.
The pick at least seemed to make sense at the time. We had an aging Michael Lewis and for a guy who was a top 10 pick had he come out a year earlier seemed like a good idea at the time to be his replacement. The Balmer pick still stinks a lot worse to me as the pick didn't seem to make a lot of sense at the time and it was considered a huge reach as well.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Eh, we can do this for every team in every draft. It happens.

yeah but there were signs on mays, i.e. that he didnt understand angles and was just a ht-wt-speed guy
I wanted Reshad Jones, but Miami grabbed him later

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM ]
Guys, stop that Rodgers/Smith-like bullcrap of shouda have been...Like another poster alredy said, the pick wasnt that unlogical.
Who cares? Turn the page and move on! The Niners traded him for spare change and now we have an All Pro in Goldson at FS and a bad ass mofo at SS in Donte Whitner.