LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

Marvins "Big" McNutt (Heard around the world) - Bandwagon

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Have him as a strong 3rd round candidate, but would rather Streeter, Fuller, or Hill in the 2nd.

Fuller is a 3rd rounder right now. could fall a little more or rise if he has a monsterous combine
Originally posted by sfout:
Fuller is a 3rd rounder right now. could fall a little more or rise if he has a monsterous combine

I'm not buying into that. He had a great bowl game showing and he will prove more than worthy of a 3rd rounder. We're picking late in the rounds anyway, so I have him as a solid 2nd round option for us.
Digging deeper, I've uncovered a few things that could explain why McNutt is viewed as more of a 4th round guy, despite his production, other than a 2nd or 3rd.

* Has asthma, and struggled with it early on.
* Was virtually silenced by Nebraska CB Dennard and Oklahoma CB Flemming, two NFL prospects.
* Lack of quickness combined with sloppy route-running makes him easy to defend for top defensive backs. Scouts worry in the NFL he may struggle to separate.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Digging deeper, I've uncovered a few things that could explain why McNutt is viewed as more of a 4th round guy, despite his production, other than a 2nd or 3rd.

* Has asthma, and struggled with it early on.
* Was virtually silenced by Nebraska CB Dennard and Oklahoma CB Flemming, two NFL prospects.
* Lack of quickness combined with sloppy route-running makes him easy to defend for top defensive backs. Scouts worry in the NFL he may struggle to separate.

EEEEK! DO NOT WANT!

lol but seriously.....Sucks that he's got asthma but those other 2 points are just downright disappointing. Hopefully he catches on somewhere but I don't think he is right for us.
I really Like McNutt if he is there in the 4th round and the 49ers were to select him I would actually McNutt myself
Nice, productive pro. I wouldn't be mad.
I'd expect the 49ers to add a WR either FA or 1st round of the draft. Having said that I'd be jacked if the they drafted McNutt in addition if he's available in the 3rd or 4th round! He's got amazing hands and is one hell of a redzone target. Say what you want about McNutt but he's a special player. He's 6'4 215 and a former qb. He's going to make an outstanding receiver at the next level as a #2 and or a redzone target. LOL at the people who say no to drafting him based on one or two games aginst some of the better defenses in the Big Ten. He aslo had games where he was unstoppable and keep in mind he was constantly double covered. He's a complete stud! Go Hawks!
Totally on board. If we coulkd get him in the 3rd I'd be very happy.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I'd expect the 49ers to add a WR either FA or 1st round of the draft. Having said that I'd be jacked if the they drafted McNutt in addition if he's available in the 3rd or 4th round! He's got amazing hands and is one hell of a redzone target. Say what you want about McNutt but he's a special player. He's 6'4 215 and a former qb. He's going to make an outstanding receiver at the next level as a #2 and or a redzone target. LOL at the people who say no to drafting him based on one or two games aginst some of the better defenses in the Big Ten. He aslo had games where he was unstoppable and keep in mind he was constantly double covered. He's a complete stud! Go Hawks!

Actually 6'2.5" just to be exact. He is a very good player, but I would wait until the 3rd or 4th and see if his medical checks out.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Have him as a strong 3rd round candidate, but would rather Streeter, Fuller, or Hill in the 2nd.

Don't see him making it to the 3rd round. There will be a big run on WR's in the 2nd, lots of talent to be had and but if Streeter, Hill or McNutt are available in the late 2nd, 49ers should just jump on one of those guys.

Live in Iowa. Very protductive receiver for a few years. Ok speed but gets open and catches the ball when its throw to him. His 40 time will cause him to slip to mid 2nd to 3rd round. Worth the pick is we wait or just go BPA.
49ers scouts talked to him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
49ers scouts talked to him

I think he's a legitimate 3rd round candidate. I have him as my 15th ranked receiver overall on my positional board. (To get an idea of where that is, that is the late 3rd round range, and falls right behind the following players: Streeter, Hill, and Givens)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM ]
if he cant run routes than we dont need him. Id take him in the 4th round if he havent already taken care of our WR problem fully
I like him..
Share 49ersWebzone