There are 192 users in the forums

New Redzone Target-Updated with Senior Bowl and E-W Shrine measurements*

In FA...

A lil later in the draft I like this kid...
Originally posted by Travisty13:

This would be my choice
Question was who are the top 5 big WR's (6'3+)

nfldraftscout Matt Miller @
@JReff22 Jeffery, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle, Dwight Jones, Brian Quick
i would like brian quick in the 2nd round and make a move for colston. i dont think bowe would want to leave the chiefs and if he did i doubt harbs would want to give him the money that most teams will pay him
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i would like brian quick in the 2nd round and make a move for colston. i dont think bowe would want to leave the chiefs and if he did i doubt harbs would want to give him the money that most teams will pay him

Colston is going to be expensive. He already said he wont give NO a hometown discount. I don't want to get into a bidding war.

Michael Egnew

And

Alshon Jeffrey
[ Edited by TheGoldStandard on Jan 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Colston is going to be expensive. He already said he wont give NO a hometown discount. I don't want to get into a bidding war.
Let's take a WR who played well under a crappy QB, like Bowe.
Originally posted by communist:
Let's take a WR who played well under a crappy QB, like Bowe.

I don't think Bowe gets out of KC. To address the issue we will have to draft a WR.
  • dj43
Any of these WRs:

Dwight Jones

Stephen Hill

Tommy Streeter (been reading some good things about him)

For TE: I want a guy that has the agility to play power forward on a basketball team. (OK. I'm influenced by Jimmy Graham. That guy is a freak.)
I don't think Bowe gets out of KC. To address the issue we will have to draft a WR.
IF he wanna win anything, he better should.

I agree with that statement but again what is the cost? We have a lot of guys we have to resign ourselves and might not have enough money for them...how we can afford another high priced FA is a problem. We only have so much money to go around and if Bowe wants to break the bank he along with Colston will be out of financial reach.

I agree with that statement but again what is the cost? We have a lot of guys we have to resign ourselves and might not have enough money for them...how we can afford another high priced FA is a problem. We only have so much money to go around and if Bowe wants to break the bank he along with Colston will be out of financial reach.
yea thats true, he will want to be the highest paid WR or at least just as much. But if we dont win the superbowl bc of an ineffective passing game, i say we break the bank for him...hes guaranteed to not be a bust!!!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

This would be my choice
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

yea thats true, he will want to be the highest paid WR or at least just as much. But if we dont win the superbowl bc of an ineffective passing game, i say we break the bank for him...hes guaranteed to not be a bust!!!

I think Bowe will be more expensive than Colston, We're more likely to get a bidding war for Bowe over Colston IMO. Whether he actually deserves more money then Colston is up for debate but I think if we beat the saints and get the super bowl we'd immediately be on his short list of teams he'd want his agent to reach out to during FA.

However I am firmly against signing a receiver in free agency and would much rather draft one, my lone exception to this would be Colston and Colston only.
I'd take Stephen Hill, Coby Fleener, or Juron Criner.
Share 49ersWebzone