LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

Aldon Smith vs. Blaine Gabbert argument 1 year later.

There is no argument at this point.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Except for JJ Watt and Nick Reed. Aldon has nothing on them. Miller has HOF potential and Aldon just 1 maybe 2 probowls in him, maybe.

What?

What exactly about being a half sack away from the NFL rookie record screams "Yeah, only one probowl."?
Who the hell is Nick Reed?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I think he means Brooks Reed, OLB on the Houston Texans. Hard to argue with someone who doesn't even know the player's name. Not to mention, the other guy he is comparing to Aldon plays 3-4 DE like Justin Smith, not OLB.

Sorry, LBSI. Your argument is pretty weak.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Except for JJ Watt and Nick Reed. Aldon has nothing on them. Miller has HOF potential and Aldon just 1 maybe 2 probowls in him, maybe.
JJ Watt is a 3-4 DE, who is Nick Reed? And why the heck do you bring in Miller? He wasnt available with our firstrounder at all.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacleads:
Agreed. I don't know how so many people and the media came up with the idea that Gabbert was a top pick in the first place? He wasn't very good in college. If you can't even be good in college, what are the odds that you can be good in the pro? I don't even want him as a free agent, forget about a 1st round pick.

Because he had all the measurable teams like in a QB. And for some reason I kept hearing he played in a pro style offense in high school and he was a top recruited QB and I guess that meant he was going to be a good NFL QB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by sacleads:
Agreed. I don't know how so many people and the media came up with the idea that Gabbert was a top pick in the first place? He wasn't very good in college. If you can't even be good in college, what are the odds that you can be good in the pro? I don't even want him as a free agent, forget about a 1st round pick.

Because he had all the measurable teams like in a QB. And for some reason I kept hearing he played in a pro style offense in high school and he was a top recruited QB and I guess that meant he was going to be a good NFL QB.

Yea, the reason why that was such a big deal was that Gabbert was actually Harbaugh's main recruitment target and Luck was actually his plan B. So everyone assumed JH would still want him in the NFL. Thank god we didn't pick him, I don't understand how he even played in college when he has been so afraid of getting hit.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Yea, the reason why that was such a big deal was that Gabbert was actually Harbaugh's main recruitment target and Luck was actually his plan B. So everyone assumed JH would still want him in the NFL. Thank god we didn't pick him, I don't understand how he even played in college when he has been so afraid of getting hit.

This is what happened:

mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Stanford showed slight interest but Harbaugh zeroed in on some guy named Luck. @Jcool0 did Harbaugh ever try to recruit Gabbert to Stanford?
Lol @ lbsi
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by YungAce:
Lol @ lbsi

Ban?

I was against Gabbert, Ponder (and Newton). Was really wrong about Newton, but not surprised the other two struggled. Neither impressed me in college.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I agree. LOL. We came out on top.

this
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree. LOL. We came out on top.

i thougth he was making fun of maddog49er
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I think he means Brooks Reed, OLB on the Houston Texans. Hard to argue with someone who doesn't even know the player's name. Not to mention, the other guy he is comparing to Aldon plays 3-4 DE like Justin Smith, not OLB.

Sorry, LBSI. Your argument is pretty weak.

I was totally teasing MadDog Brock. Of course Aldon is a besat and has tons of probowls in the future. But thanks for contributing.
Share 49ersWebzone