There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Crabtree was never considered fast, he's 6'1 so not "huge" and Crabtree averaged 14.6 YPC as a frosh and 12.0 YPC as a Soph. I wouldn't put him in the "YPC is very good" category. Blackmon is the guy I would compare to Crabtree.

Wouldn't be the 1st 6'4 220 pound guy who ran a sub 4.4 to fail though.

Tyrone Calico says hi.

Yah but wasn't Calico injured majority of the time he was in the NFL which pretty much led to his release???
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope hes the pick. he has all the tools to become our #1 that we've been dreaming of since T.O. left town.

heard that before
the difference is this time its not Otis Amey lol. this guys is fast, huge and can be a legit target. his YPC is very good

cough...crabtree...cough

Crabtree was never considered fast, he's 6'1 so not "huge" and Crabtree averaged 14.6 YPC as a frosh and 12.0 YPC as a Soph. I wouldn't put him in the "YPC is very good" category. Blackmon is the guy I would compare to Crabtree.

he has all the tools to become our #1 that we've been dreaming of since T.O. left town

This is what was said when we got Crabs

I apologize. I misunderstood what you were saying. I though you were commenting on the huge target with very good YPC. But I do agree about when Crabs was drafted he was supposed to be the #1 we'd been dreaming of for awhile, hasn't quite worked out the way we've hoped.

Tyrone Calico says hi.

Not sure why you're bringing up failing, it can go both ways. That wasn't even a part of my initial comment. I said nothing about 6'4 guys that run sub 4.4 failing or being successful.

Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson say "Hi" back though.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tyrone Calico says hi.

Yah but wasn't Calico injured majority of the time he was in the NFL which pretty much led to his release???

refresh my memory--where did calico go to college at?
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tyrone Calico says hi.

refresh my memory--where did calico go to college at?

Middle Tenn St.
I still want this Hill kid drafted by the 49ers!
Not sure why you're bringing up failing, it can go both ways. That wasn't even a part of my initial comment. I said nothing about 6'4 guys that run sub 4.4 failing or being successful.

Wasn't really addressing you personally although I did use your post.

Yeah but no one considered those guys to be work out warriors either. Calvin was the number 1 player on Mel's board before the Combine, and Moss fell because of personal reasons.

Terrell Owens is probally the best example of a true work out warrior that succeeded. I'm just saying the hype doesn't always match the combine numbers no matter how big and fast they are.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM ]
Sign him now! that way we have to draft him.

Yeah but no one considered those guys to be work out warriors either. Calvin was the number 1 player on Mel's board before the Combine, and Moss fell because of personal reasons.

Terrell Owens is probally the best example of a true work out warrior that succeeded. I'm just saying the hype doesn't always match the combine numbers no matter how big and fast they are.

VD comes to mind as well but hes a TE
I want this guy bad, but I think since the combine this 'little secret' is out, and we might have to spend our first rounder on him (if he's still around even, cause Chicago, who's picking ahead of us, is showing a strong interest in him atm).

Chris Johnson was considered a reach by the Titans after posting the fastest 40. He's been successful. VD is another example. Clay Matthews had a whole 4.5 sacks as a Sr. and started only 10 total games at USC, he was drafted in the 1st based solely on potential and being a "workout warrior". I would even throw Cam Newton in as a workout warrior. 1 year as a starter in college, put up great #s in a gimmick offense. He had a successful rookie year (i'm still not a fan of his). Those are just a couple examples. Just cause your combine #s are great doesn't equal success. But it doesn't mean they won't be successful either. It's kind of cliche, but you can't measure a man's heart. So you can never really determine if they want to put in the work to be great or not. It's their choice to be successful or not.
VD comes to mind as well but hes a TE

Vernon led the ACC in yardage coming out. I wouldn't consider him to be a workout warrior although I do concede his combine elevated his draft spot a good 15 spots.

51 receptions 876 yards and 6 TDs his final year at Maryland. That's d*mn good production for any tight end in college. Better than Coby Fleener and you see everyone all over his nuts.

Jimmy Graham is a workout warrior. I have nothing against taking someone based off of physical attributes I'm just stating it's not full proof.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM ]
Guess it's not looking good for us drafting this physical freak :(. Looks like he'll be gone before our pick and I doubt now we trade up for him after signing Moss. Well probably just settle for another mediocre free agent wr and draft another guy in the later rounds. Really wanted Hill tho!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Guess it's not looking good for us drafting this physical freak :(. Looks like he'll be gone before our pick and I doubt now we trade up for him after signing Moss. Well probably just settle for another mediocre free agent wr and draft another guy in the later rounds. Really wanted Hill tho!

im sure if hill falls we will get him

hill and moss skillset are very similar (size speed)e can learn a lot from him (despite character issues)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

im sure if hill falls we will get him

hill and moss skillset are very similar (size speed)e can learn a lot from him (despite character issues)

This. Very similar, but I also see a bit more tenacity out of Hill. He's very physical.