LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 188 users in the forums

Zach Brown OLB from UNC

• sfout
  • Veteran
So I haven't really watched a UNC game this season and can't comment on this guy but out of every mock I've seen this guy is consistently picked by us in the first more then any other player on the board. Can someone shed some light on why everyone thinks we should select another first round OLB and a not so good one in my opinion...

He didn't tally a single sack in his junior and sophomore seasons despite playing in every single game but 1. Whether that was scheme, bad luck or lack of skill I don't know and would like some light shed on this guy from our southeast area guys. I can't come up with a logical explanation for drafting this kid especially when in most mocks they have a WR or CB being picked in the 4 picks after us.

He's measured at 6-2 230 which seems a little light for an OLB in our system and we all know that those numbers will probably shrink a bit when the combine rolls around.
I like the guy. Plays just like his old teammate Bruce Carter. However, I don't really see how he'd fit in our system. He'd be a terror in an even 4-3 front. The Eagles would be smart to draft him.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I like the guy. Plays just like his old teammate Bruce Carter. However, I don't really see how he'd fit in our system. He'd be a terror in an even 4-3 front. The Eagles would be smart to draft him.

Was thinking the Eagles, Broncos or Lions would be perfect for him
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Was thinking the Eagles, Broncos or Lions would be perfect for him

alright. that's what I was thinking that he just doesn't fit in our system and I want to find the people who made the mock and slap them.
i played that kid in highschool, he is a physical beast but he is extremely stupid
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
i played that kid in highschool, he is a physical beast but he is extremely stupid

Do tell more?

Can you describe how this guy was stupid?

My cousin says the same thing about Tom Brady. My other good friend from Oceanside Ca said the same about Junior Seau. My cousin is unemployed and my friend is a street sweeper. kinda funny.
Originally posted by PSYKO5:

My cousin says the same thing about Tom Brady. My other good friend from Oceanside Ca said the same about Junior Seau. My cousin is unemployed and my friend is a street sweeper. kinda funny.

lol

ya im not unemployed or a street sweeper. Nah i have been to plenty of camps with zach brown. he barely passed high school and had to go juco in order to get grades good enough to play anywhere (which is fine there are plenty of those) but if you have ever had a conversation with him there isnt much up there. He had some great quotes (which made no sense) he used to give to the howard county times.
Share 49ersWebzone