LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Quick 1st Mock Draft for 2012

This is my first mock for the upcoming draft. I really wanted to get some help for Alex and get Fangio some more talent in the secondary. You'll notice I didn't add any OL, I feel like our unit will get better with a whole off season and the same scheme. Coaches seemed high on Kilgore and Person from last draft. No specific FA, but i really want to Franchise Tag Goldston and resign Rodgers, Brooks, Alex, Snyder, and Morgan.

1. Mohamed Sanu-WR Rutgers 6'2 215
-Has good size, speed, and hands. Good blocking and field vision. Runs very good out of the back field on handoffs and screens. Very athletic and has measurables to be a #1 WR.

2. Stephon Gilmore- CB South Carolina 6'1 190
-Our secondary is our Defenses weakness and Gilmore will help us with our opponents bigger receivers. Aggressive in run support and at the line. He needs work, but has shown flashes of being a solid CB at the next level.

3. Coby Fleener- TE Stanford 6'6 248
- We know JH and Roman love utilizing their TE's. Fleener is a big target, blocks well, and best of all...knows the system and will start from day 1.

4. Doug Martin- RB Boise State 5'9 215
-Runs well and catches well out of the backfield, upgrade over Dixon, and can step in for frank if he's injured or to spell him.

5. Jacquies Smith- OLB Missouri 6'4 250 - Smith, Smith, and Smith...all mizzou alum's. I admit this is a reach, but due to injury and average stats we may get a mid round steal.

6. Trevin Wade- CB Arizona 5'11 192
- High risk reward pick

7. Derek Moye- WR Penn State 6'5 198
-Redzone target who had poor year, but not a great year for Penn State in general

Let me know what you think
not bad

instead of the RB (dont need an upgrade over dizon as he is our bruising goalline back we dont need another hunter ( a small quick RB) i think we should take a DE or a G there for depth

like all the other picks

i think sanu is going to be a beast to be hinest hes a good playmaker
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
we already have a Coby Fleener on the team. his name is Konrad Reuland.
I'm not much of a mocker, but it looks good, might wanna swap out that last cb for a safety instead though
Originally posted by boast:
we already have a Corey Fleener on the team. his name is Konrad Reuland.

and fleener would not start over Vernon Davis
Originally posted by valrod33:

i think getting 3 pass catching TE would help us a lot

in RZ play action with those 3 would be deadly

and since we run a 3 TE set often its not like a waste of a pick

also it cant hurt to have a 6 6 guy with good hands in the RZ
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM ]
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
3. Coby Fleener- TE Stanford 6'6 248 - We know JH and Roman love utilizing their TE's. Fleener is a big target, blocks well, and best of all...knows the system and will start from day 1.

Our version of Jimmy Graham
not sure if fleener last till the 3rd
Do NOT want Gilmore. Overrated corner and really disappointed this year. Not a good tackler and doesn't have the speed to recover.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Do NOT want Gilmore. Overrated corner and really disappointed this year. Not a good tackler and doesn't have the speed to recover.

I agree about Gilmore.

Our 3rd round pick will be (hopefully) in the 90s. Fleener goes well before then
Originally posted by 228niner:
I'm not much of a mocker, but it looks good, might wanna swap out that last cb for a safety instead though

I agree that safety is an area of need and also a swingman for the offensive line is missing (C/OG). Chilo is going away (if we are lucky) so the Niners need someone to backup Goodwin or Snyder in case of injury.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Our 3rd round pick will be (hopefully) in the 90s. Fleener goes well before then

we have two 6'4 tight ends already on our roster
Originally posted by valrod33:

Stupid statement. More than 1 TE can play at a time. Look at NE. In fact NFL is moving towards more TE Hback offensive plays.
Fleener looks soft to me.
Share 49ersWebzone