LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

NFL mock draft 2012 (update)

Think that the discussion about the Tannehill is a little bit over since Landry will go back to school ;)
Kalil is going in the Top 3..Book It! The Rams or Vikings would be foolish not to take him considering the problems they have on their O-line
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Kalil is going in the Top 3..Book It! The Rams or Vikings would be foolish not to take him considering the problems they have on their O-line

the rams should take him

they have the worst o line by far
I think that it was the blocking system, brought in my McDaniels, less by talent itself. If Saffold is a good run-blocker, the Rams could move him to RT. Kalil is a very good pass protector but not a good run-blocker.
The Rams need a No.1-Wideout badly, especially when Lloyd should follow McD.

And yes, Kalil should go to the Vikes. Will correct that with the next mock.
Tannehill #6? 2 spots ahead of Kalil? Not gonna happen. Kalil is way too good to last that long and Tannehill will be lucky to even be picked in rd 1.
I said that I will correct it, Sir

Tannehill will be picked in the first for sure. Spend a look at the last draft and how many teams are in need for a franchise QB.
Originally posted by communist:

Tannehill will be picked in the first for sure. Spend a look at the last draft and how many teams are in need for a franchise QB.

Only 4 of the 32 1st rd picks last year were QBS. I think Dalton was a much better prospect coming out of college and he wasnt a first round pick last year. Maybe a team will trade up at the very end of rd 1 to take Tannehll but I doubt it.

As for teams that are in obvious need of a franchise QB and would possibly take one in rd 1 (other than Indy with Luck)
Seattle
Washington - no chance takes Tannehill that high
Cleveland - will take RG3
Miami
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by communist:

Only 4 of the 32 1st rd picks last year were QBS. I think Dalton was a much better prospect coming out of college and he wasnt a first round pick last year. Maybe a team will trade up at the very end of rd 1 to take Tannehll but I doubt it.

As for teams that are in obvious need of a franchise QB and would possibly take one in rd 1 (other than Indy with Luck)
Seattle
Washington - no chance takes Tannehill that high
Cleveland - will take RG3
Miami

Agree but they could go Blackmon or Richardson
Holmgren doesnt like taking QBs in the first but he has to...His job could be on the line, too, if he fails again (McCoy is his draft choice). Given the deep WR-class, their second first-rounder (thx to the Falcons) and a every-year deep RB-class, I dont see them drafting anything else than RGIII.
But I dont count it out.

QB-needy teams: Chiefs, Cassel is limited, Orton is solid. Both guys need a very good OC.
1.Alfonzo Dennard, CB
Would be BPA/need here. CB is not the biggest need imo but it is one and I strongly assume that he'll be available here.
If he is not available, then take the next-best CB on board like Jenkins or Minnifield.

2.Ben Jones, C/G
Acc to OTC, he can play guard, too. Center is a future need.
If he is not available, then take a tall WR or Fleener. A falling OLB can be taken as well.

3.Stephen Hill, WR
Tall, relatively fast, has a lot of potential.

4.George Iloka, FS
Goldson has to be upgraded sometime soon. And Madieu Williams has to be upgraded NOW.

5.Brett Roy, DE
sth like BPA. Future replacement for Justin Smith.

6.Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, NT
Sopoaga isnt the youngest guy on the D-line. Ian Williams could be not enough.

7.Jacquies Smith, OLB
If he falls that deep, I would take him.

Originally posted by valrod33:
I stopped reading and wont read anymore of your mocks once you started naming teams chicken, retard and gayboys

what would alice think?
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I am a Texas A&M grad and have watched most of Tannehill's starts. Yes, he has a high ceiling(most of us know he started out as a receiver) but taking him this high would be a VERY risky call. IMO, it would be a horrible decision. They could draft him in the second round with ease. Also, he hardly comes through in the clutch and makes alot of poor decisions.

What are your thoughts on Jeff Fuller as as receiver?
Share 49ersWebzone