There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tommy Streeter WR in the second.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
The guy is real raw. He's got great straight line speed, but during the route drills, he looked a little slow and unmotivated after he dropped a pass or two. I think he's a 3rd rounder.

If we take him in the 2nd, I still think we wasted the pick. I just don't see the value added.

I say we just take Hill at #30 and unfortunately miss out on Fleener. Then take Ladarius Green in the 4th.

Until yesterday I was hoping to get Hill at 62. Now I'm hoping he's there for us at 30.
If we get Fleener in the 1st, it would be worth the risk to take Steeter in the 2nd. Fleener would be an extra receiving target that would be on the field on most downs and would be ready to contribute immediately. He also would help out in our offense in the areas we are weakest-r edzone efficiency and third downs. Not only does Fleener bring his own skillset, but he opens things up for Vernon Davis (less double teams), Crabtree, and the backs out of the backfield. In a situation like this, although Tommy Steeter would be a second round pick, he wouldn't have to come in as THE guy to help turn the offense around. He can come in and learn as the 3rd receiver and have the opportunity to develop his skillset so that he can be a major contributor for this team and become an eventual #1 or #2.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If we get Fleener in the 1st, it would be worth the risk to take Steeter in the 2nd. Fleener would be an extra receiving target that would be on the field on most downs and would be ready to contribute immediately. He also would help out in our offense in the areas we are weakest-r edzone efficiency and third downs. Not only does Fleener bring his own skillset, but he opens things up for Vernon Davis (less double teams), Crabtree, and the backs out of the backfield. In a situation like this, although Tommy Steeter would be a second round pick, he wouldn't have to come in as THE guy to help turn the offense around. He can come in and learn as the 3rd receiver and have the opportunity to develop his skillset so that he can be a major contributor for this team and become an eventual #1 or #2.

Really like your thinking here.
The guy is real raw. He's got great straight line speed, but during the route drills, he looked a little slow and unmotivated after he dropped a pass or two. I think he's a 3rd rounder.

If we take him in the 2nd, I still think we wasted the pick. I just don't see the value added.

I say we just take Hill at #30 and unfortunately miss out on Fleener. Then take Ladarius Green in the 4th.

Until yesterday I was hoping to get Hill at 62. Now I'm hoping he's there for us at 30.

There are probably only 3 locks for WR in the first Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright. We may see a 4th kid sneak in but I give it a 45% chance at this point. You have to remember directly after the Senior Bowl and Combine certain kids get hold or cold...then the hype mellows a bit, then the pro days start and new hype starts up again. Don't get too caught up in any 1 kid right now.
AND this guy has now been released. Shouldn't have declared
Thank God we didn't pick him. This was another guy I thought would work for us.

Man, was I wrong. I also thought Da'Rick would be a good player for us to choose.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

SIGN HIMMMMMMMMM NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Am I doing it right?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Am I doing it right?

kind of, but ....

I'd much rather take Streeter over most of the WR's in the draft. He's one of the few with TRUE #1 WR potential, if he went back to college for a year he'd be a first round pick next year. If they can get him in the 2nd, I think that would be a hell of a peak, especially considering the coaching staff that the 49ers have assembled.

Am I doing it right?

kind of, but ....

I'd much rather take Streeter over most of the WR's in the draft. He's one of the few with TRUE #1 WR potential, if he went back to college for a year he'd be a first round pick next year. If they can get him in the 2nd, I think that would be a hell of a peak, especially considering the coaching staff that the 49ers have assembled.

Burnnn
I admit, I wanted him in the later rounds. Figured he could contribute after a year on the practice squad. He definitely shouldn't have left school early.
I would love him on the practice squad.
BUST
kind of, but ....

Yeah, I was clearly wrong about that one, I figured he was raw but had a ton of upside that would eventually come to the surface...............OOOOPSEY.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
kind of, but ....

Yeah, I was clearly wrong about that one, I figured he was raw but had a ton of upside that would eventually come to the surface...............OOOOPSEY.

No sweat, we can't always be right...

Now, if only we can get Baalke to say "OOOOPSEY" about the AJJ pick
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I would love him on the practice squad.

The new Ricardo Lockette?