LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 176 users in the forums

Tommy Streeter WR in the second.

Do not want!!!

He doesn't get close to playing at his timed speed and he seems to struggle with his focus a lot. I was not impressed by him when I watched a bt of Miami recently. This guy will get severely overdrafted!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
officially ran a 4.40
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Do not want!!!

He doesn't get close to playing at his timed speed and he seems to struggle with his focus a lot. I was not impressed by him when I watched a bt of Miami recently. This guy will get severely overdrafted!

His routes are ugly today
Give him a full off season with our coaching staff and he would be our #1 by mid season
[ Edited by Squidp on Feb 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM ]
watch this guy play he plays a lot slower than his 40 time inconsistant hands and bad route runner

he is a 3rd rounder not a 2nd
wasn't a perfect day for Streeter, but he is still high on my 2nd rd list
If he slides, I'd take him late if as a coach I was convinced I could coach him up - it would be all about work ethic.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
watch this guy play he plays a lot slower than his 40 time inconsistant hands and bad route runner

he is a 3rd rounder not a 2nd

Guys is massively raw. Easy to understand why his routes are inconsistent with only one year of play. He's still developing, but Streeter has monstrous potential. He already is a terrific hand battler at the line to beat the press/jam with ease, and his long-striding nature at almost 6-5 simply makes him looks slower than he is.

He will be a nightmare if he develops, but that's a big "if" -- Any team taking him assumes the enormous risk that comes with selecting a player with extremely little experience, but is overflowing with "coachable upside" coupled with the blessing of possessing an incredible physical stature and set of tools that you simply cannot teach.

Late 2nd-3rd round grade on Streeter.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Jacory Harris in 2010: 14 TDs and 15 INTs
Stephen Morris in 2010: 7 TDs and 9 INTs

Leonard Hankerson in 2010: 72 catches for 1156 yards and 13 TDs

Jacory Harris in 2011: 20 TDs and 9 INTs

Tommy Streeter in 2011: 46 catches for 811 yards and 8 TDs

So, despite the improved QB play, Tommy Streeter still didn't produce at anywhere near the level Leonard Hankerson did in 2010.

The Skins took Hankerson at #79 overall in the 2011 Draft.

Streeter-Bigger physically, faster and higher overall ceiling than Hankerson means he will get drafted earlier, quite a bit earlier if he tears it up at the combine. The raw potential alone is mind-boggling.

Since you love 40 times so much...

Leonard Hankerson's combine 40 time: 4.43
Streeter's combine 40 time: 4.40

So any straight-line speed difference is negligible.

Seems you've redirected the "Mind-Boggling Potential and Hyperbole Bandwagon" in Stephen Hill's direction anyway, though.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 26, 2012 at 8:21 PM ]
Will be a 4th round pick

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Do not want!!!

Playing speed is also based on your grasp of the system you are playing. If you know the routes well, you do not to think about play you can just run it.

Tommy Streeter ran fast, but he apparently looks slower on the field. He has basically only played for two years. The U changed their offense this season--so each year he was learning a different system.

Michael Irving brought this up. Irving felt that once Streeter was familiar with an offensive system and his role in that system, his playing speed would reflect his physical capacity.

His intangibles are high. He works hard and wants to learn. He is still a young kid. He has the work ethic required to learn the game.

If the object is to draft for next year, Streeter might not be the best pick.
But if the object is to draft for the next four to six years, Streeter might just be right guy to draft.

Most receivers take time to develop. Free agency might be the best way to find a WR for next year.
Originally posted by buck:
Playing speed is also based on your grasp of the system you are playing. If you know the routes well, you do not to think about play you can just run it.

Tommy Streeter ran fast, but he apparently looks slower on the field. He has basically only played for two years. The U changed their offense this season--so each year he was learning a different system.

Michael Irving brought this up. Irving felt that once Streeter was familiar with an offensive system and his role in that system, his playing speed would reflect his physical capacity.

His intangibles are high. He works hard and wants to learn. He is still a young kid. He has the work ethic required to learn the game.

If the object is to draft for next year, Streeter might not be the best pick.
But if the object is to draft for the next four to six years, Streeter might just be right guy to draft.

Most receivers take time to develop. Free agency might be the best way to find a WR for next year.

Straight form the Combine thread, where the same conversation was going on:

Irvin is a homer: Cowboys and Hurricanes. That said, I get your point and agree w/it philosophically. I don't know how much of what we saw from Streeter today came from unfamiliarity. You would think he'd be running those routes 100 times a day getting ready for this, but those breaks just looked BAD today, and I was on the Streeter bandwagon at 62 or 94.
The guy is real raw. He's got great straight line speed, but during the route drills, he looked a little slow and unmotivated after he dropped a pass or two. I think he's a 3rd rounder.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
The guy is real raw. He's got great straight line speed, but during the route drills, he looked a little slow and unmotivated after he dropped a pass or two. I think he's a 3rd rounder.

If we take him in the 2nd, I still think we wasted the pick. I just don't see the value added.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

If we take him in the 2nd, I still think we wasted the pick. I just don't see the value added.

I say we just take Hill at #30 and unfortunately miss out on Fleener. Then take Ladarius Green in the 4th.
Share 49ersWebzone